Home

I am loving dynasty mode!!!

This is a discussion on I am loving dynasty mode!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2008, 12:16 PM   #57
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: I am loving dynasty mode!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by renatus
which AA sliders you recommend for better CPU running?
I would just suggest to use whatever you want - just make sure to put cpu run block to 100 and raise their RBA to at least 70. You should also have human break block down to 0 although it will hurt your pass rush (drop cpu pass blocking accordingly).
Old 09-23-2008, 12:27 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I would just suggest to use whatever you want - just make sure to put cpu run block to 100 and raise their RBA to at least 70. You should also have human break block down to 0 although it will hurt your pass rush (drop cpu pass blocking accordingly).

will try that next game .thanks
Old 09-23-2008, 12:40 PM   #59
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidice
Arkansas State
Army
Ball State
Buffalo
Eastern Michigan
FIU
Idaho
Kent State
Mid Tenn State
New Mexico State
San Jose State
SMU
Temple
UAB
UL Lafayette
UL Monroe
Utah State
Western Kentucky
Western Michigan
Thank you Solidice. I will run with Western Kentucky. I am excited about this and can't wait to see how this plays out. I will run this dynasty probably until 2010. I may switch schools every 5 years, haven't laid down the rules yet.
Old 09-23-2008, 01:09 PM   #60
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryboy
Let me start off by saying that I didn't dive too far into the dynasty mode last year. So this is my first year of really sinking my teeth into the dynasty mode. And I am loving it. This is a great balance of strategic masterminding along with playing the games.

Thus far I am 2-1 in my dynasty with Louisville. I handled Kentucky 34-6 in the opener, destroyed FCS SE 80-17 and just had my butt handed to me by Kansas State, 58-17. I've seen some monsterous upsets, North Texas knocking off LSU, Rice beating Texas, and Cincinnati shocking Oklahoma. Those things in themselves make any dynasty fun to play through, but what really has me excited is the recruiting. The info you are given such as when a recruit is visiting elsewhere, their likes/dislikes and such is great to have, but I love the recruiting battles.

I am currently locked into 2 early season recruiting battles. One with UK for a hometown 5 star safety and the other with Missouri for a 4 star TE. I was leading the way for the TE until I had him visit our campus the night we got blasted by KSU. He graded his visit a C and now Missouri is his top choice and he is scheduled to visit them later in the year. I have one committment thus far, as I landed a 2 star C from Indiana. I didn't even have to really recruit him. I spent a total of 45 minutes on the phone with him and he committed. He has great awareness but is physically not ready, so he'll redshirt next season as we bring him along.

The other thing I love is the ticker at the bottom. If they could incorporate some commentary/show with the ticker at the bottom (ala CH2k8) I would be in video college football game heaven. The only problem with the ticker is that I find myself watching it all the way through thus slowing down my progress. Thankfully, I won't play another sports game(outside of Madden) until next March when the Show drops.

The other cool thing is watching players progress/regress? during the course of the season. I have had Raglin go up 4 points since the year began, Powell go up 1 pt and a host of other players that have changed. I am also trying to re-do my offense as I lost Bolen for the year due to a broken elbow. Oh how I wish the game had medical redshirts. Hopefully that and a revamped discipline feature will both be added.

I also love the information you get on the teams. Being able to see their schedule, their lost conference and National championship and so on and so forth. Damn, this game is engrossing.

There is only a couple of things that I wish they would add:

* commentary/show in between weeks
* score ticker during your televised games
* Medical redshirts/discipline problems
* 1-AA/FCS teams

These things would make me so happy that I would probably feel as though I won the lottery.

But I'll stop rambling now as I got to get myself ready for my Big East opener vs Connecticutt. Hopefully, we can bounce back after getting our butts kicked by Kansas State.

One quick question before I go, is there a way to turn off coaching contracts? Since there are no real coaches, I don't care to have contracts on and I don't wanna have to worry about losing my job. I don't wanna play as anyone else. Thanks in advance.
Thats all I want too. 1-AA teams with their own dynasty mode, Medical RS, Better Presentation, and put the speed back to normal.

Youtube
Old 09-23-2008, 10:18 PM   #61
Rookie

PittmanPla's Arena

OVR: 4

Pitt has produced some good players(Dan Marino,Tony Dorsett, Larry Fitzgerald i think) but lately UofL is beatin 'em(I think)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 10:56 PM   #62
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8

I'm in year 4 (2011) in my Buckeye dynasty. Year one I blew everyone out thanks to playing with the pre-patch NJ Papi sliders and I couldn't find a set that would give me a good one thanks to the CPU and HUM sliders being controlled by a single slider. Beanie Wells won the Heisman for me and my only close game was a 20-12 win at #2 USC.

In year 2 I had to rebuild my entire offense for the most part as well as most of my defense. I was forced to battle injuries to my RB (Brandon Saine), my top WR (Ray Small), and my QB (Pryor) and I dropped a 31-24 game to #1 USC and then a 43-38 game to #5 Wisconsin. I came from 21 points down in the 4th quarter to beat Illinois 27-24 and keep my conference title hopes alive but Wisky won out, but they finished the year at #3 and were shut out of the BCS title game (And went on to lose their bowl). I won a close Capital One Bowl against South Carolina 34-30 as I picked them off in my red zone and got out with a win.

In year 3 everything came together for me again. Pryor and Saine were an astounding combo - until Saine got hurt - and from then on out it was the Terrelle Pryor show and he ended up winning the Heisman and rewriting the tOSU record book. We went in to Death Valley at LSU and pulled out a 27-20 win thanks to Pryor's passing and Lamaar Thomas' return ability (Thomas also rewrote the tOSU record book at receiver) and we hung on to beat Michigan as well. In the national championship game against USC we came from behind to force overtime and they got the ball first. With the score 37-37 Mitch Mustain threw a pick to my freshman CB (With 98 spd) and I returned it all the way to win the national championship on a pick 6 in OT. Arguably my most memorable game in NCAA.

I started off year 4 and I'm 1-1. I simmed a win against Miami (OH) and then lost a blowout 38-21 (I tacked on 14 points late) against #6 Auburn. My offense was sputtering behind my true frosh QB (With great passer ratings but only 60 spd) and they were keying on my true frosh RB (83 ovr and 97 spd) so when we got down by a lot I brought in my backup QB (90 spd, 90 thp, 85 acc) and we moved the ball effectively so he'll get to start this week against Northern Illinois (I'm facing my former backup QB Joe Bauserman who transferred). After that I face #8 Notre Dame (A+ off, A def, A spt) at Notre Dame before I kick off Big Ten play. I expect this year to be a downer as I'm young at a lot of spots although I'm plenty fast, once my recruits start to take over I should pick things back up.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:03 AM   #63
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

So I'm thinking of getting back into dynasty reporting. I already have a thread started. I figured I'd just give a post with an update of the remainder of the 2008 season and how the 2009 season ended up then start fresh with the 2010 season since I'm still in the off-season.

What do you guys think of something like this...

Coupled with a little blurb from the game. I'm not really into long drawn out dynasty reports. I created a template from CNNSI and I'll make one of those and a little write-up for each game.
Old 09-26-2008, 10:26 AM   #64
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
So I'm thinking of getting back into dynasty reporting. I already have a thread started. I figured I'd just give a post with an update of the remainder of the 2008 season and how the 2009 season ended up then start fresh with the 2010 season since I'm still in the off-season.

What do you guys think of something like this...

Coupled with a little blurb from the game. I'm not really into long drawn out dynasty reports. I created a template from CNNSI and I'll make one of those and a little write-up for each game.
looks good. Wish I had that kind of talent.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »