Home

I'm addicted to SPEED!!!!!

This is a discussion on I'm addicted to SPEED!!!!! within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-22-2008, 04:15 PM   #17
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: I'm addicted to SPEED!!!!!

It also has to do with CPU recruiting. especially with a team like FIU, you get 2 WR's with 90+ speed and a QB with ~90 THP, you can house it every other play, the opposing teams in Sun Belt will never touch you.take over a garbage team in a BCS conf. if you youre not being challenged by playing with weak teams. and I couldnt agree more with fist when he said you cant help but notice patterns playing against CPU. FB Flat anyone? it works EVERYTIME. I also have problems against Users, i think its because im so used to seeing the same look from CPU offfenses that anytime someone does something unorthodox i cant cope.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:31 PM   #18
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
sliders can't fix speed in this game as the AI is too bad. have to house rule against speed or simply enjoy killing the CPU.
^^^ What he said. Except it's not an AI problem, but a game engine problem.

Acceleration and agility prove to be almost meaningless when it comes to running speed in this game and position skill ratings are truly just secondary ratings. The speed curve goes into overdrive once you get into the upper 90's.

It doesn't matter what you do with sliders, if you have a player with 97+ SPD then they will break the game engine. I doubt I would have a problem getting 2000 yds rushing with any HB that had 99 SPD on Heisman. Unless you want to change sliders so much that your HB is getting tackled before they get the handoff, then speed backs are gamebreakers.

This also applies at other positions where SPD destroys the model. Try moving high speed (97+ SPD) guys to DE, LB, etc. and the game won't factor in the skill ratings enough to matter.

I believe house rules for speed are necessary for users playing dynasty mode. How restrictive those rules are depend on your talent level.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:34 PM   #19
MVP

speedkills's Arena

OVR: 8

Speed kills.

Just say no.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:56 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 17

well i am about as bad of a stick skill player as they come. I am more likely to kill my team mate in a halo 3 game then the enemy.....

However, in my first dynasty with UM I recruited some amazingly fast tall WRs and then in year 3 I recruited my first #1 QB.... game was OVER. I simply dropped back.... waited to see who would have 1 on 1 coverage and could HEAVE it for a big game or TD almost every play. Not to mention all crossing routes now worked as I had speed mismatches across the board. The 6-7 98 SPEED WR was the icing on the cake and would have easily had 4,000+ yards in one season. I guessed that my QB was going to throw for 10K easily and heisman trophy candidates 1 through 5 would have been my QB and all WRs.... This was with mostly ALL CPU catching my passes (no user catch).

So I have no idea what others mean when they say that speed doesn't break the game. I still want to talk Fist and Stew into playing a dynasty this winter with me with ZERO house rules and see what we can do to the stat column. I believe that one of us will flip a stat over somewhere. Hell, I am 99.999% sure I can win the heisman with my FB if I wanted to easily.

The game has a LOOOOOOOONG way to go to ever get to the point where I will feel like I have to TRY to pull off a win. Right now I am playing with both hands tied behind my back and one eye shut. In all seriousness, I am horrible with stick skills so that ain't it.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:07 PM   #21
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
well i am about as bad of a stick skill player as they come. I am more likely to kill my team mate in a halo 3 game then the enemy.....

However, in my first dynasty with UM I recruited some amazingly fast tall WRs and then in year 3 I recruited my first #1 QB.... game was OVER. I simply dropped back.... waited to see who would have 1 on 1 coverage and could HEAVE it for a big game or TD almost every play. Not to mention all crossing routes now worked as I had speed mismatches across the board. The 6-7 98 SPEED WR was the icing on the cake and would have easily had 4,000+ yards in one season. I guessed that my QB was going to throw for 10K easily and heisman trophy candidates 1 through 5 would have been my QB and all WRs.... This was with mostly ALL CPU catching my passes (no user catch).

So I have no idea what others mean when they say that speed doesn't break the game. I still want to talk Fist and Stew into playing a dynasty this winter with me with ZERO house rules and see what we can do to the stat column. I believe that one of us will flip a stat over somewhere. Hell, I am 99.999% sure I can win the heisman with my FB if I wanted to easily.

The game has a LOOOOOOOONG way to go to ever get to the point where I will feel like I have to TRY to pull off a win. Right now I am playing with both hands tied behind my back and one eye shut. In all seriousness, I am horrible with stick skills so that ain't it.
Play against human opponents. You will NEVER get a sim style game against the CPU because the human user will ALWAYS find exploits.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2008, 05:23 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
Play against human opponents. You will NEVER get a sim style game against the CPU because the human user will ALWAYS find exploits.
Thats the key, I've played enough games and identified the exploits so I don't use them. I have Comcast High Speed cable and still see way too much lag online to find it enjoyable. I really like the multiplayer dynasty off the field action though. Recruiting battles are the best.
Old 09-22-2008, 05:39 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 20

Maybe because that seems to be the only attribute that matters in this game.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »