Home

OMT, please answer this recruiting crap!!!

This is a discussion on OMT, please answer this recruiting crap!!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2008, 10:20 AM   #1
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11
OMT, please answer this recruiting crap!!!

Why and how do players sign with a team at the end of the offseason and they don't even have an offer from the school? Every year I lose 5-7 recruits that sign with other schools with no offers and I come in 2nd place (meter bar filled) and they "hard commit" to that school. What is the logic?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 10:34 AM   #2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: OMT, please answer this recruiting crap!!!

How do you know they don't offer them a scholly in the final week? I know we see how many offers they have before the final week but does it actually say they committed to someone without getting any offers after it's all done? I can't remember.

Was your interest meter in the recruit maxed out? Maybe the kid just decided to walk on somewhere else instead of going to a school he wasn't that interested in. Just food for thought.
Old 09-23-2008, 10:38 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
How do you know they don't offer them a scholly in the final week? I know we see how many offers they have before the final week but does it actually say they committed to someone without getting any offers after it's all done? I can't remember.

Was your interest meter in the recruit maxed out? Maybe the kid just decided to walk on somewhere else instead of going to a school he wasn't that interested in. Just food for thought.
Like Brian Griese at Michigan. This really should be few and far between but it does happen.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:27 AM   #4
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucepoppi17
Why and how do players sign with a team at the end of the offseason and they don't even have an offer from the school? Every year I lose 5-7 recruits that sign with other schools with no offers and I come in 2nd place (meter bar filled) and they "hard commit" to that school. What is the logic?
Well, in order to get a hard commit you have to recruit a player to a total point value that is under the hood. If by the end of recruiting you don't get him that far, he won't have signed with you.

Then all remaining recruits are randomly distributed to teams that only got something like less than 18 total recruits (don't remember the exact number), because there are a lot of schools that the CPU logic will only pull in like 12 recruits some times. That's where your unsigned recruits are going.

That's how it has been for a while now. I remember it being explained to me like above a couple years back, however I might have forgotten some details... I know it isn't ideal, but that's basically what happens.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:28 AM   #5
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2

Right, that is pretty much what it is supposed to look like. But what I posted above is what goes on behind the curtain.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 11:36 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

I just figured when a kid soft commited without an offer, it was just some kind of bug. Its easy to snag them away though if the school actually never offers them.
Old 09-23-2008, 11:39 AM   #7
ULTRAAAA!!!!

Cyros's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I just figured when a kid soft commited without an offer, it was just some kind of bug. Its easy to snag them away though if the school actually never offers them.
Yeah, I had a TE I was recruiting soft comitt to Iowa without an offer. Luckily I was able to string him out to off-season recruiting and get him in for a week 1 visit.

My Video Game Streams
Old 09-23-2008, 11:40 AM   #8
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Well, in order to get a hard commit you have to recruit a player to a total point value that is under the hood. If by the end of recruiting you don't get him that far, he won't have signed with you.

Then all remaining recruits are randomly distributed to teams that only got something like less than 18 total recruits (don't remember the exact number), because there are a lot of schools that the CPU logic will only pull in like 12 recruits some times. That's where your unsigned recruits are going.

That's how it has been for a while now. I remember it being explained to me like above a couple years back, however I might have forgotten some details... I know it isn't ideal, but that's basically what happens.
1st of all, thanks for the quick response.

I understand fixing the CPU logic (another topic) but could they at least put a frickin check mark next to "scholarship offered" when they sign with the team? The way it comes across now is that the kid picked another team out of spite.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »