Home

10 hours per week, 34 calls?

This is a discussion on 10 hours per week, 34 calls? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2008, 02:03 PM   #9
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: 10 hours per week, 34 calls?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
I rarely call more than 10 recruits a week. I'd rather spend more time to get the guys I really want. Then when they commit, you can spend that same time on the next group of guys.

I don't think the mood of the player is that important Husker. Pitching and swaying are more important. If he hangs up mad, often he's in a better mood next week anyways and you still spent a good amount of time on him. I wouldn't worry that much about whether he's smiling or not.
Yeah, mood really just determines how close he is to hanging up on you. You do get a small bonus (or small hit) based on his mood when hanging up, but hardselling is where the big points are earned.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:08 PM   #10
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercalnd
I haven't played too much yet in dynasty but when I experimented with it I found that using the quick call option is better in the first few weeks to unlock pitches because it doesn't drag on like it can when manually calling.

Then when you know the recruits' priorities and it's time to get into swaying and hard selling is when you take matters in your own hands.
I do think you make a good point about the quick call unlocking things faster. But often they are pitching stuff that they shouldn't be initially. For me, location is always a big factor. If a prospect is in your home state, pitching location should be the first thing but I don't always see the cpu do that. I always pitch my Elite, Excellent and Great attributes first but the cpu doesn't necessarily follow that pattern. The cpu also seems to unlock stuff that isn't really necessary either. I don't like to quick call a recruit more than once or if I have only 20 minutes to spend I will use it. The cpu just doesn't pitch the right things for you.

And once you've unlocked the stuff, I agree that the swaying and hard selling is much better when you do it yourself. If you just quick called everyone, I think you would probably get a pretty realistic recruiting class but I don't want realistic. I want better than normal to build up my program baby!
Old 09-23-2008, 02:57 PM   #11
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

I quick call giving each recruit equal time until a guy is ready to visit. When someone is ready to visit I still give each recruit equal time but I hit all of the quick call guys first then hit the recruit/recruits ready to visit.

I also only put as many recruits on my board as I have players leaving or that will give me a full 70-man roster.

In 2009 with Army I have 15 or 16 guys leaving so I only have 16 guys on my board. 6 of which have already hard committed to play for the Black Knights next season.

Last edited by NoleFan; 09-23-2008 at 03:00 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2008, 03:00 PM   #12
Rookie

vexerr's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
Yeah, mood really just determines how close he is to hanging up on you. You do get a small bonus (or small hit) based on his mood when hanging up, but hardselling is where the big points are earned.

Does that mean that it could be more beneficial to just hard sell until he hangs up than say, play it cool and just sell a little to keep him happy/smiling?
Old 09-23-2008, 04:03 PM   #13
Banned

bigjake62505's Arena

OVR: 22

I never put more than 20 guys on my board. that gives you 30 min quick call for each recruit. If someone drops off, I add another guy to replace them. I look for guys who are the most interested in my team, then I sort out what holes I need to fill. I then look at their ratings. Always, always, always look at their overall grade. You will have a 4* player with a C grade, with 4 teams ahead of yours offering scholarships then a 2* player in the same position as the 4* with a C- average that is interested in your team 1st. You waste a ton of time going after the 4* who is not all that great. This is based off of the teams that I pick which are the smaller teams and do not have the best recruiting power.

Last edited by bigjake62505; 09-24-2008 at 09:03 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:06 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

yeah... i try to put 20 guys max on my board to begin with, and if i have time left over then i'll add some more
Old 09-24-2008, 11:08 AM   #15
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

i put about 31 people on the board each time.
First couple of weeks i quick call 10 min a piece by week 2 or 3 i have offered a scholar to every one. I continue to quick call until they are ready to vist. I schedule the visit against a conference oppt. For example i play with UGA so i try Auburn a decent team in the computer eyes gets a lot of recruits. from there i call every person trying to unlock more pitches and hit very highs with others.

This formula has worked well for me in the past couple of recruiting years that i have played.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2008, 12:23 PM   #16
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19

25 scholarships, 25 recruits. If you quickcall all your guys the first few weeks you can use 30min on the first few guys(5-6). 20 on the majority of them, and ration out the remainder. This year, quickcall works great the first 3 weeks or so, but if you continue after this your progress will suffer. Get your visits in early and make them count.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »