Home

10 hours per week, 34 calls?

This is a discussion on 10 hours per week, 34 calls? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 09-25-2008, 02:23 PM   #17
Rookie

scrotozoa's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: 10 hours per week, 34 calls?

One thing that gets under my skin about quick calling is that most of the time the call doesn't focus on what I want to accomplish. For example, early in the process I try to use quick calling to uncover pitches. Yet at least half of the time when I quick call the computer will either try to sway or hard sell a pitch. At this point, I just want to UNCOVER pitches, I'll do the hard selling later.

Then later, after a prospect has visited, I may try to use quick call if I'm running out of time but I want to contact a prospect rather than just not call them at all. At this point I want the computer to hard sell or sway a pitch. A lot of times though the computer will uncover useless pitches (because I have theoretically already uncovered the best pitches before the visit) rather than hard sell.

It seems like there should be an option next year on quick calling as to whether you want the computer to try to uncover pitches or hard sell/sway pitches.
Old 09-25-2008, 02:53 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjake62505
I never put more than 20 guys on my board. that gives you 30 min quick call for each recruit. If someone drops off, I add another guy to replace them. I look for guys who are the most interested in my team, then I sort out what holes I need to fill. I then look at their ratings. Always, always, always look at their overall grade. You will have a 4* player with a C grade, with 4 teams ahead of yours offering scholarships then a 2* player in the same position as the 4* with a C- average that is interested in your team 1st. You waste a ton of time going after the 4* who is not all that great. This is based off of the teams that I pick which are the smaller teams and do not have the best recruiting power.
I'm going to try that with this coming season. My game is saved at the point where I add my recruits for the season.
Old 09-27-2008, 12:42 AM   #19
Rookie

Roy38's Arena

OVR: 2

I started off recruiting 35 prospects, but found it very difficult to call everyone every week. I'm trimmed my list down to 25 since you can only sign 25 players maximum anyway, and I still have a hell of time contacting everyone. The first 2 weeks of the season I quick call all prospects. I use this time to open up a few pitches (2-3) and offer scholarships to (hopefully) get an early edge on prospects. The remaining weeks I'll manually call almost everyone, but I'll make sure I leave enough time to quick call my remaining targets for at least 5 minutes. It's very easy to spend an hour or more on a target if you are swaying or hard selling pitches, so you have to be careful with your alloted time. As the season progresses, I'll usually have several of my top recruits completely opened up (majority of pitches revealed, swayed, or hard sold) and I'll have more time to spend with the players on the bottom of my list. If you get players to commit to your school early, you'll have an abundance of time to use on your remaining players. If you see you're not making an impact on a non-interested or "red" recruits and several schools have built huge leads, I'll pull them off of my list and target another player to fill their spot. No sense in wasting time even if they guy is one hell of a player. I'll usually sign anywhere from 15 - 23 players per season using this method
Old 09-27-2008, 06:43 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
is there any way to see your recruits current "Mood", and what you already have unlocked without having to call, just basically so i can see weather or not i want to quick call or do it myself?
You can see what you already unlocked by clicking the right stick, it's one of the pages with the interest bars and their individual ratings. The mood is random and is determined when you place the call.
Old 09-27-2008, 07:05 AM   #21
Rookie

alcoholicstepfather's Arena

This may be a stupid question, but once you unlock a "most" pitch, is it better to keep hard selling that pitch or should I try to find other things the recruit is interested in as well?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-27-2008, 07:21 AM   #22
Rookie

You can hard sell the same pitch week after week and get the same interest boost every week. If you're hard selling more than once per week, then it's better to do it with different pitches. You want three pitches for your visit anyway.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »