Home

Recruiting Troubles

This is a discussion on Recruiting Troubles within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-17-2008, 04:33 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Recruiting Troubles

So, I've won back-to-back National Championships and I'm 8-1 this year, yet it seems like more than half of the 5-star recruits I add to my board go to other schools.

I'm an "Elite" coach, I've taken Charlie's job at Notre Dame and won them 2 National Championships. What does it take to get to USC-like status when it comes to recruiting?

Its not like I don't need the players I'm recruiting either. But so far, the last 2 seasons I've been getting hosed, especially when it comes to my O-line and my safeties.

Anyone else having similar problems? Or better yet, anyone know what to do?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2008, 09:18 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Recruiting Troubles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Save the Manatees
So, I've won back-to-back National Championships and I'm 8-1 this year, yet it seems like more than half of the 5-star recruits I add to my board go to other schools.

I'm an "Elite" coach, I've taken Charlie's job at Notre Dame and won them 2 National Championships. What does it take to get to USC-like status when it comes to recruiting?

Its not like I don't need the players I'm recruiting either. But so far, the last 2 seasons I've been getting hosed, especially when it comes to my O-line and my safeties.

Anyone else having similar problems? Or better yet, anyone know what to do?
Its called realism. In real life a class of 5 5-stars is VERY HARD to come by. Sit back and enjoy that EA actually made this part of the game challenging for a change since the game play isn't.
Old 09-17-2008, 11:23 AM   #3
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
Its called realism. In real life a class of 5 5-stars is VERY HARD to come by. Sit back and enjoy that EA actually made this part of the game challenging for a change since the game play isn't.
I feel just the opposite (as long as you're using a big name school like Michigan or ND). I would imagine that someone like ND should be bringing in ~10 5* recruits per year. If the OP is talking about signing more than that, then, yeah, he's setting his hopes too high.

As Michigan, I always get the top recruiting class except for when I have few SRs (I only recruit as many people as a need) and I only sign 10 or so guys. in my 6th year as Michigan I won the NC. The following preseason there were 11 of the top 12 picks that had me in their top 10 initially. It's rare that I don't sign someone that I put in my top 10 or 11 on my list. The only reason I don't sign nothing but 5*s is because I go for what I need/want. IE. sometimes the best guy for a position of need is only a 4* or sometimes I'd much rather have that 270lb, 4* DE instead of that 220lb 5* DE.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings
Old 09-17-2008, 11:33 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jello1717
I feel just the opposite (as long as you're using a big name school like Michigan or ND). I would imagine that someone like ND should be bringing in ~10 5* recruits per year. If the OP is talking about signing more than that, then, yeah, he's setting his hopes too high.

As Michigan, I always get the top recruiting class except for when I have few SRs (I only recruit as many people as a need) and I only sign 10 or so guys. in my 6th year as Michigan I won the NC. The following preseason there were 11 of the top 12 picks that had me in their top 10 initially. It's rare that I don't sign someone that I put in my top 10 or 11 on my list. The only reason I don't sign nothing but 5*s is because I go for what I need/want. IE. sometimes the best guy for a position of need is only a 4* or sometimes I'd much rather have that 270lb, 4* DE instead of that 220lb 5* DE.
wait... i am confused... you think that ND brings in 10 5-star players in real life? or are you saying that recruiting in this game is way too easy?
Old 09-17-2008, 12:13 PM   #5
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27

If most of them are unsigned by the end of the season, try making promises to them; that's a huge interest gain from a recruit
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-17-2008, 01:24 PM   #6
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
THANK YOU!

Please people... stop asking EA to make this game any easier than it already is. Some challenging aspects of the game shouldn't be a complaint, but praise for EA.

It almost seems like people want a game where they can go 12-0 with FCS West in year 2 of their dynasty in NCAA 2010. But let's call them Montana because we all need those subdivision schools so bad. [hint of sarcasm]

Back on topic....

In real life, even USC only brings in 5-6 guys who are rated as 5 star prospects. Do not mistake a top 100 prospect for a 5 star prospect since most of that list are 4 star prospects. In the game, just win championships, get the right pipeline states lined up, and don't waste time recruiting non-5 star players early in the season and I'm sure you'll be able to get more than 5 in an offseason.
Old 09-17-2008, 05:22 PM   #7
MVP

jello1717's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
wait... i am confused... you think that ND brings in 10 5-star players in real life? or are you saying that recruiting in this game is way too easy?
I'm saying that recruiting is too easy in this game.

EDIT:
Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
THANK YOU!

Please people... stop asking EA to make this game any easier than it already is. Some challenging aspects of the game shouldn't be a complaint, but praise for EA.

It almost seems like people want a game where they can go 12-0 with FCS West in year 2 of their dynasty in NCAA 2010. But let's call them Montana because we all need those subdivision schools so bad. [hint of sarcasm]

Back on topic....

In real life, even USC only brings in 5-6 guys who are rated as 5 star prospects. Do not mistake a top 100 prospect for a 5 star prospect since most of that list are 4 star prospects. In the game, just win championships, get the right pipeline states lined up, and don't waste time recruiting non-5 star players early in the season and I'm sure you'll be able to get more than 5 in an offseason.
I agree. With a big school like ND, in NCAA'09, you should be able to sign close to 10 5*s before the post season.
College #1: Michigan Wolverines
College #2: Michigan State Spartans (my alma mater)
College #3: North Carolina Tar Heels
NHL: Detroit Redwings

Last edited by jello1717; 09-17-2008 at 05:24 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 01:49 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Right, I get what you're saying, no need to get all defensive-like. I'm saying that at this point in the season (week 14 and I'm 10-1) schools like Ohio State and Georgia have gotten five 5-star guys and two 4-star guys a piece, to my zero 5-star guys and two 4 star guys.

I realize they are both big time schools and I'm not asking for ALL the 5 star recruits. In fact I'm all for making a more realistic game and I get that you can't get every 5-star guy at every position... but like other people have said, its not like I'm using Western Kentucky or someone like that. I'm using NOTRE DAME, and not like it is now, but like Notre Dame used to be.

Once again, 36-1 as the coach with back-to-back National Titles there, so I'm saying shouldn't I be able to do better than having 3 out of every 4 guys being my second choice at each position?

And it sounds like everyone's under the impression that I go exclusively after 5-star guys. I usually go after 7 or 8, depending on my needs (I usually lose 5 or 6, sometimes all of them). I go after 4 star guys also and they often go other places leaving me to deal with 3 star guys.

Also, you seem to think the recruiting is realistic, but how come more often than not I find that my 3-star guy is rated higher than my 4-star guy at the same position. Happens with 4-star being higher than 5-star too.

Last edited by Save the Manatees; 09-18-2008 at 02:03 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »