Home

Reviews...

This is a discussion on Reviews... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-26-2008, 07:35 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
Reviews...

I'm getting used to booth reviews in funny situations with this game, but last night I experienced something I have to share.

I threw a pass to my Tight End, he bobbled it and the DB took the ball away... 50/50 stripping/catching the loose ball. After I tackled the DB, the play was under review - and they overturned it, saying it was an incomplete pass.

Wow.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2008, 10:13 AM   #2
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Reviews...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heshi
I'm getting used to booth reviews in funny situations with this game, but last night I experienced something I have to share.

I threw a pass to my Tight End, he bobbled it and the DB took the ball away... 50/50 stripping/catching the loose ball. After I tackled the DB, the play was under review - and they overturned it, saying it was an incomplete pass.

Wow.
Nice, I average 1 booth review about every 5 games, but last night I had 3 in one game against UCONN. All 3 benefited the UCONN. 2 overturned fumbles and an overturned catch in the endzone. The catch in the endzone was definitely out of bounce but the 2 fumbles I thought should have been fumbles.
Usually the calls I think are no brainers are usually the ones that are overturned.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 09-26-2008, 12:58 PM   #3
Fear Ameer

skitch's Arena

OVR: 32

I think I saw three in my last game, as well.

Most of the time, I see them when a tight end attempts a sliding catch, but instead the ball hits his hands and flies off... for whatever reason, the computer always assumes this has to be reviewed, when the tight end never comes close to making the catch.
Old 09-26-2008, 03:37 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm seeing pointless reviews all the time... the incomplete catch one was the weirdest. How can it be ruled an incomplete catch? The ball never touched the ground! It was bobbled and stripped away.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »