Home

Game still freezes after 2nd Patch. Any Ideas?

This is a discussion on Game still freezes after 2nd Patch. Any Ideas? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2008, 01:17 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Game still freezes after 2nd Patch. Any Ideas?

Hey guys, I downloaded the 2nd patch and my game is still freezing during games. I have been trying to play the same game over 10 times now and it always freezes in the 2nd or 3rd quarter. The people in my online dynasty are getting annoyed by me not finishing the game. I also tried returning the game and got a new one and it's still doing it. Any ideas?

Thanks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2008, 05:42 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 6
Re: Game still freezes after 2nd Patch. Any Ideas?

I've gotten this as well since the new patch... You're not alone though people would like to think so...

In fact, can we get those that have these issues to post here so that we can possibly get a fix for this...
Old 08-31-2008, 07:43 AM   #3
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

I wonder if this might be a hardware problem. With all the different sku's out there, maybe the patch affected some more than others. Maybe its just coincidence that your system could be dying (I'm sure you guys are praying that's not true).

Some of Sony's firmware updates caused some PS3s to crash (2.41?) while most were unaffected. Maybe there is a minority of console owners out there that are negatively impacted by the patch?
Old 08-31-2008, 04:19 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

It's possible, though I've only had my PS3 for a littlw hile now... NCAA '09 is my first game, Madden was my second... These were both my first experience with next gen gaming... Yay for me
Old 08-31-2008, 04:39 PM   #5
Rookie

Maybe I'm lucky. Cuz all these problems haven't hit me. I've played an 50 games since mid July. You guys always have these crazy problems. I'm starting to feel like you guys are lying over half my football team has this game for ps3 and none of us have problems. I'm starting to think you guys need lives. Go get a girlfriend. Or go WATCH football.i mean you guys go to hard at this it's border line creepy
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2008, 05:21 PM   #6
All Star

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanCruz
Hey guys, I downloaded the 2nd patch and my game is still freezing during games. I have been trying to play the same game over 10 times now and it always freezes in the 2nd or 3rd quarter. The people in my online dynasty are getting annoyed by me not finishing the game. I also tried returning the game and got a new one and it's still doing it. Any ideas?

Thanks
I had freezing issues one day- kept freezing over and over on the menu screen. What i did was delete all my videos and pictures for NCAA and i didn't have a freeze since. Was odd to get those freezes out of nowhere- after many hours with the game and since no freezes after i did that- had to be a video or picture was corrupt. I would try that. If that is not the issue. Its the system or disk i would guess. Or delete your rosters.
Old 08-31-2008, 06:16 PM   #7
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm on 360 and my games only freeze after the game is over, then I have to play the same game again.
Old 08-31-2008, 09:09 PM   #8
Rookie

Well I never had any of these issues before, I just got them recently. I doubt its my system cause I am able to play DVDs and Playstation downloads without any freezing. But when I try to play in any of my online dynasties and they will always freeze, usually during a cut scene like after a play or something. I'm running out of ideas, and I don't want to have to resort to getting a new PS3, cause mines the 60 GB where it still can play PS2 games, where as none of the ones out now can.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »