Home

I wish we could watch other OD league games...

This is a discussion on I wish we could watch other OD league games... within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-13-2008, 11:41 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: I wish we could watch other OD league games...

I know a ton of people that would LOVE to have a spectator mode. I would think you could copy the game on some type of parallel server so others could watch it without lagging the actual game, even if it was a 30 second delay or something like that.

You could put limitations on it, like having a limit to the amount of spectators per game (maybe 10 or so), or having a limit on the number of games you could have spectator mode on for (like five per week per user). It would be an ON/OFF toggle when you send the game invite.

Hell, make it a DLC option that you have to pay for in order to have it activated. I'd gladly pay an extra 5-10 bucks in order to be able to watch other games and turn spectator mode on in my own games. There are other ways EA could make money off this mode without being too much a nuisance. Stream a 30 second commercial before kickoff and at halftime for the spectators.

I think EA is going to have to step out of there comfort zone for 2010. Many of their most loyal customers were very unhappy with this recent product, if not many of the recent games in past years. Spectator mode may or may not be a "back of the box" type feature, but it would certainly go a long way in regaining some of the respect from the online crowd that has recently become disillusioned with the development team.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:11 PM   #18
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

OVR: 6

Sorry, I wouldn't pay to watch it, but I would be happy with just a GameTracker-type mode that would show you the same screen as the SuperSim does. And then just give me the actual highlights that the two users see at the end.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:21 PM   #19
Rookie

Haha, you don't have to apologize to me. I am completely aware than 90+% of people wouldn't pay for it. But there's a great number of people who invest a good amount of time in online play (and leagues in particular) that would certainly pay (a small amount) for it.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:28 PM   #20
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLittleBabies
Haha, you don't have to apologize to me. I am completely aware than 90+% of people wouldn't pay for it. But there's a great number of people who invest a good amount of time in online play (and leagues in particular) that would certainly pay (a small amount) for it.
Hell, I think I have as much time invested in ODs than anyone, but to drop another $5 for something that could be easily included doesn't make much sense to me. If it was something that they added to this year's version, then possibly. But for 2010? No, they should be able to make a screen similar to the SuperSim that we could follow the games on.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:34 PM   #21
Rookie

Oh, for a gametracker type thing, sure... that should be free. And in fact, Madden already has something where you can see live scores this year. I'm talking about a spectator mode... actually WATCHING the game. That would require significantly more server space/bandwidth.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2008, 01:51 PM   #22
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLittleBabies
Oh, for a gametracker type thing, sure... that should be free. And in fact, Madden already has something where you can see live scores this year. I'm talking about a spectator mode... actually WATCHING the game. That would require significantly more server space/bandwidth.
Spectator mode exists in virtually every other online game except sports.

CPU resources are not the issue here. The issue is development time.
Old 11-13-2008, 03:09 PM   #23
Rookie

Not according to EA reps.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »