Home

Heisman is not made for online

This is a discussion on Heisman is not made for online within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2008, 04:40 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Heisman is not made for online

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
I don't understand what is with people going more than 5 minute quarters on Heisman. So many 6 minute quarter dynasties.

Having a discussion on another board about gamers now and just 5 years ago. Playing NCAA used to be really competitive on the PS2. On Next Generation Systems, people are HORRIBLE. Just about everyone on the board agrees that the next gen gamers are bad. No offense, but I just don't understand how people can be as bad as they are at this game. My online record is gaudy. 5 years ago there is no way I would have this type of record.
HH, how old R U? What do you do for a living? How much time do you have to play games?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2008, 07:09 PM   #26
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
I don't understand what is with people going more than 5 minute quarters on Heisman. So many 6 minute quarter dynasties.

Having a discussion on another board about gamers now and just 5 years ago. Playing NCAA used to be really competitive on the PS2. On Next Generation Systems, people are HORRIBLE. Just about everyone on the board agrees that the next gen gamers are bad. No offense, but I just don't understand how people can be as bad as they are at this game. My online record is gaudy. 5 years ago there is no way I would have this type of record.
I don't do 5 min or less because you don't get enough plays in with that low quarters, and the cpu completely abondons the run in short quarters. I myself use 7 min quarters and I like the way that works.

As for you beating Florida 72-0 on Heisman, that's just you budy. I held Boise St. to 3 points on heisman and I was amazed. But I don't run the same defensive play over and over to take advantage of the fact that the cpu is incapable of adjusting to your playcalling. And most people don't. On All-American, the cpu cannot do anything on offense, and I can do pretty much whatever I want on that side of the ball.

On Heisman, you have to be smart about the big play. You aren't going to hit that receiver over the top when there's a saftey there. But if that saftey comes into the box, then you can hit it with a good playaction. Or run smart combo routes, have a guy run a post out of the slot to draw the saftey, and the SE run a go. Stuff like that. Or hit your WR as soon as he gets off the BnR and let him run after the catch on a go. That sort of thing can really help in getting the ball downfield.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:20 PM   #27
Rookie

DaNextPhenom25's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
You are the only person I've ever heard say that about the cpu passing attack on Heisman. Most people complain about how overly effective the cpu passing attack on Heisman is, not the other way around. The cpu passing attack is plenty effective on Heisman for me.
Yeah I agree the QB's on Heisman are really difficult to stop. Nothing I do will work, they will always will find someone to pass to.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:02 PM   #28
Rookie

rcdawgs's Arena

OVR: 7

My take is that Heisman is waaay too much like Madden. Even the best programs have weaknesses... which Heisman distorts by starting players on a higher scale -- so to speak. Their 72 rated CB is now like a 84 rated CB. Yeah, your WR has gained too, but "Hey, if you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed, I will. I got spare time"

Point being, Heisman makes what isnt, is. A little slider adjustment here and there on the lower levels and you have something that plays like the games I watch every Thurs and Sat night... not Duke LB corps playing like Shawne freakin Merriman (pre LCL/PCL). You want a challenge? Go play with a bus in the road.

Of course thats just my opinion, I could be wrong.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:03 AM   #29
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
HH, how old R U? What do you do for a living? How much time do you have to play games?

Used to teach and coach, but got out of it to explore the business world. I am co-owner in a mom and pop operation that grosses around 2 million a year.

I probably have time for 2 games a night.

Back in the day (2004 and 2005) I spent a lot of time on this game when I was still teaching. Though the game has changed drastically since, the concepts are basically still the same. It is just a matter of understanding how EA programmed the AI for that year.

AA with sliders just plays better. Heisman is just silly with or without sliders. When you have a 79 overall RB that slices and dices a defense rated 90+ on Heisman it is really unrealistic. There isn't a speed cheat on Heisman, but there is a you can't tackle the CPU skilled athlete cheat.

People keep saying that you don't get real results on AA. Are you telling me that you do on Heisman? Come on.

I have also heard the argument that people don't use the same defense. Why wouldn't you? It is the CPU. I can understand not using the same defense against a human opponent.

I have also hear the argument that, "AA and using the same defense aren't SIM." Folks, this isn't a SIM game any way you look at it. Heisman and sliders do not make this a SIM game because the CPU AI is so bad.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:25 AM   #30
stewaat

OVR:

I played HH and he is damn good. I'll even admit he is a little ahead of me on stick skills as well. He has a good offensive plan and the curls are deadly. He ate up my defense with curl after curl. I don't believe he ran the ball much, but his passing game was really good.

With regards to user catching, him and I both know how to do it pretty damn well. I think the only incompletions in this game were INTs. I threw 3 and he threw 2 (guessing).

He's right though about the "skill" not being that great nowadays. The problem is all the canned animations. On the old gen consoles things were more "organic" and VERY responsive. Now you need to somewhat guess ahead and know what position you're in and what animations will likely be triggered. The learning curve is definitely greater on next gen.

Old 10-04-2008, 09:43 AM   #31
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by stewaat
I played HH and he is damn good. I'll even admit he is a little ahead of me on stick skills as well. He has a good offensive plan and the curls are deadly. He ate up my defense with curl after curl. I don't believe he ran the ball much, but his passing game was really good.

With regards to user catching, him and I both know how to do it pretty damn well. I think the only incompletions in this game were INTs. I threw 3 and he threw 2 (guessing).

He's right though about the "skill" not being that great nowadays. The problem is all the canned animations. On the old gen consoles things were more "organic" and VERY responsive. Now you need to somewhat guess ahead and know what position you're in and what animations will likely be triggered. The learning curve is definitely greater on next gen.
Appreciate it. My goal every game is to run more plays than my opponent and to have the ball on offense more than my opponent. I use short passing game to manage the clock. The running game is unrealistic as it caters to trying to get to the outside and that isn't realistic. It also caters to a dancing RB which is also unrealistic. I will run it now and then just to keep people honest. It isn't that I can't run the ball, I just choose not to. Stewaat is perty good himself and you can't run the ball against good players and expect to put points up on the board.

Thing is, I am not that great at stick skills. I am just good enough at it to get by. Stick Skill on Next Generation and Last Generation are different. Stick Skill on Last Generation was just that. Stick Skill on NG is an understanding of how to get certain animations.

Anyone can be good at this game. This game is TOO EASY!!! Not saying it to be cocky or arrogant. Just look at how bad the AI is.

Here is another thing... Why do people play man to man defense against human opponents? It is frigging laughable. Do people not understand that this is the worst defense on the game in human vs. human competition? Why do people BnR, do they not realize that it does no good?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2008, 06:25 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 12

I think you're crazy if you think Heisman is remotely realistic. It's just juiced up ratings for the CPU. Sure it's the only level that most can get competition from, but that's just a sign of how flawed the AI is in the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »