Home

Heisman is not made for online

This is a discussion on Heisman is not made for online within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2008, 03:33 PM   #57
MVP

Maxattax3's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Heisman is not made for online

I thought user games online were all automatically set to AA and default sliders? no matter what your dynasty settings are. ah well i guess i was wrong...can someone find the facts on that?

anyway.
All-American is a joke. If youre used to playing on All-American, Heisman will destroy you. If youre talking about user games, I have to say that it doesnt make much difference at all. I find very little difference between ranked games and user games in heisman online dynasty. Just play all your games against the CPU on Heisman, that way if you want to play AA it will feel so easy a caveman could do it.

It is all relative though.

personally It has gotten to a point where I have to have a much weaker team and be playing a much better opponent at their house for the CPU to have a shot at beating me on any level.

Me vs. Heisman CPU= about 40-20 I win.
Me vs. AA CPU= about 150-0 I win.

Also, in regards to user games I agree with the above poster when he said that man coverage is stupid. Showing man against me is the death sentence. Most people online, whether they know it or not, throw the ball almost every play. I say load up on Dbs and make them beat the zone. Try this your next user game...go to quarters cover 4 and show blitz every play. also, jump the snap(pass cover jump snap) every play. This generally separates jokesters from good players. If they have a hard time throwing against it just call zone Defenses until they start forcing passes. The main choice you should have on defense is how many players to blitz and how many to drop back into zone coverage. You can say its cheese all you want but when defense is as broken as it is, anything that works is fair game IMO. this defense allows for your opponent to have a good day running the ball though.

By the way I know there are plenty of ways to beat this defense so my opponents dont need a walk through lol.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:35 PM   #58
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
This just proves my point.

I should NOT have to play as a freaking SS or FS and manually hot route half of my defense to have a good chance of being successful.

I always play as the DT and in my case...it's near hopeless to be a factor thanks to EA destroying OL/DL play.
I manually rush with an OLB on almost every play. This game is closer to Halo3 then it is a SIM football game. Even in Halo3 if you have the biggest and baddest guns you still have to do the work. In this game you can have the BEST team but because the AI is horrible, the pursuit angles are ridiculous and the play calling stinky, it all comes down to stick skills and how badly you want to take advantage.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:52 PM   #59
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxattax3
I thought user games online were all automatically set to AA and default sliders? no matter what your dynasty settings are. ah well i guess i was wrong...can someone find the facts on that?

anyway.
All-American is a joke. If youre used to playing on All-American, Heisman will destroy you. If youre talking about user games, I have to say that it doesnt make much difference at all. I find very little difference between ranked games and user games in heisman online dynasty. Just play all your games against the CPU on Heisman, that way if you want to play AA it will feel so easy a caveman could do it.

It is all relative though.

personally It has gotten to a point where I have to have a much weaker team and be playing a much better opponent at their house for the CPU to have a shot at beating me on any level.

Me vs. Heisman CPU= about 40-20 I win.
Me vs. AA CPU= about 150-0 I win.

Also, in regards to user games I agree with the above poster when he said that man coverage is stupid. Showing man against me is the death sentence. Most people online, whether they know it or not, throw the ball almost every play. I say load up on Dbs and make them beat the zone. Try this your next user game...go to quarters cover 4 and show blitz every play. also, jump the snap(pass cover jump snap) every play. This generally separates jokesters from good players. If they have a hard time throwing against it just call zone Defenses until they start forcing passes. The main choice you should have on defense is how many players to blitz and how many to drop back into zone coverage. You can say its cheese all you want but when defense is as broken as it is, anything that works is fair game IMO. this defense allows for your opponent to have a good day running the ball though.

By the way I know there are plenty of ways to beat this defense so my opponents dont need a walk through lol.
aa is easy but heisman is a joke. aa plays smoothe, heisman doesnt. we can go on and on about this one. its all about ppl's personal opinion. and i dont think running the same play on defense is cheese. teams do it in real life. but if u run the same play on offense its just cheesy!

i only use 4 plays total on defense. one outta 4-2-5, one outta 4-4 split, one outta quarters and one outta the 3-2-6 dime. they are all man coverages but i hot route certain guys to play zone so i get a good mix and some double coverages

Old 10-06-2008, 04:03 PM   #60
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
This just proves my point.

I should NOT have to play as a freaking SS or FS and manually hot route half of my defense to have a good chance of being successful.

I always play as the DT and in my case...it's near hopeless to be a factor thanks to EA destroying OL/DL play.
The only problem is that you are ALWAYS going to struggle playing human competition using a DT. People playing as a DT just can't the defense work the way it is intended to. It has been this way since this game has been taken online. People that play as a FS or SS make the biggest impact on a game and will always play better D.

Even if the OL/DL play wasn't destroyed you still wouldn't make an impact on the game in human vs. human competition using a down lineman.

When playing as a DT the only thing you can do is make an impact on the running game. That doesn't make since considering that there is virtually no running game on NCAA. NCAA is all about the lame "Wide Open Offense" / Poor excuse for not being able to program a good defense.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:50 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 6

Heisman is to tedious D gets to much team speed
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2008, 09:55 PM   #62
MVP

I can not speak to Human vs. Human as I just don't have enough games but as far as Human vs. CPU, anyone who thinks that AA is as hard as heisman is on crack or just arguing to argue because its not even close. Lose the momentum by doing some stupid stuff on heisman can equal getting blown out. On AA I feel that I can take the game over any time I want regardless of how awful I play for 3 quarters.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:06 PM   #63
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
I can not speak to Human vs. Human as I just don't have enough games but as far as Human vs. CPU, anyone who thinks that AA is as hard as heisman is on crack or just arguing to argue because its not even close. Lose the momentum by doing some stupid stuff on heisman can equal getting blown out. On AA I feel that I can take the game over any time I want regardless of how awful I play for 3 quarters.
never said it was hard

Old 10-07-2008, 08:28 AM   #64
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
never said it was hard
I said "as hard as heisman" not just HARD. Heisman is too easy as well. I am convinced that if there was 3 more levels of difficulty even the 3rd one up would still be too easy on account of play calling AI coupled with individual player AI.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »