Home

Xbox 360: NCAA disc loud?

This is a discussion on Xbox 360: NCAA disc loud? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2008, 01:52 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Xbox 360: NCAA disc loud?

when i play my game, sometimes I hear a beep for no reason..just beeps once...I have heard it like 5 times over the course of the game's lifespan (July-current)
any ideas?
Old 10-02-2008, 02:14 PM   #10
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

I'm not trying to scare anyone here, there could be numerous reasons why its grinding like that. But there are a couple of magnets in the disc drive that can,eventually, come lose and when they are just moving free like that it will start to make that noise. I'm not a pro at working on xbox's or anything, but I have fixed this noise and unplayable disc errors a whole lot at my last job. Hopefully this isn't your problem though. Is it just the NCAA game and thats it?
Old 10-02-2008, 04:05 PM   #11
Madden PC

BadAssHskr's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
I'm not trying to scare anyone here, there could be numerous reasons why its grinding like that. But there are a couple of magnets in the disc drive that can,eventually, come lose and when they are just moving free like that it will start to make that noise. I'm not a pro at working on xbox's or anything, but I have fixed this noise and unplayable disc errors a whole lot at my last job. Hopefully this isn't your problem though. Is it just the NCAA game and thats it?

well, what did you do to fix it?

twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/cornbeaner

XSX: thirtydaZe
Online, Solo, CFM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2008, 07:43 PM   #12
Pro

Soonerd2's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadAssHskr
well, what did you do to fix it?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEGKDGPj1iw
Old 10-03-2008, 10:50 AM   #13
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soonerd2
I play COD and hear nothing.
Old 10-05-2008, 05:12 PM   #14
MVP

stoncold32's Arena

OVR: 17

its the 360's reaction to the game. When I had NCAA 2008, sometiems my game would get very loud, sometimes it would get quiet, stop spinning then my game would jam. For some reason though, this was the only game that really ever jammed on my 360.

I have a PS3 now, and although I've had a couple of freezes, it's nothing like it was on 2008 and theres ZERO noise of hearinf the game spinning.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »