Home

WR's @ FB Cheese or Legit?

This is a discussion on WR's @ FB Cheese or Legit? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2008, 03:13 PM   #33
Rookie

IMBOSSY's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: WR's @ FB Cheese or Legit?

That's also the way i see it. Also, using in excess is borderline cheesing. Yet, i got lectured on how "1000's of players know thats common sense cheesing" from inspectah...
Old 10-02-2008, 03:27 PM   #34
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassNole
Here's how I see it, if you can move the player there through the formation subs in the game, then it's not cheese. So if you have a playbook where a WR can line up at HB, so be it. If you need to manipulate the depth chart to get the desired effect, that's cheesing.
Even in the case I mentioned about us having a WR that actually lines up at QB in a formation several times a game? I haven't done it yet due to fearing someone yelling "CHEESE" but I'm trying to figure out a way to incorporate him in the offense a few plays a game. There are several of the shotgun sets along with WildCat's that have a formation package with the HB as the QB but in my case I need the WR.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:34 PM   #35
Banned

OVR: 62

In Florida's playbook there is a formation to line up a WR at QB, so in that formation, no problem, other than that it is just cheese.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2008, 05:40 PM   #36
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

I've always been against those type of moves but now that I'm seeing it really happen on Saturdays it has caused me to loosen up a little more about it. At least they have recognized this so we are getting some depth.

I guess you'd consider using Tebow cheese as well since he has RB attributes??
Old 10-02-2008, 08:45 PM   #37
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Ole Miss really uses McCluster at QB in the Wildcat. Why would that be cheese to alter the depth chart so it can happen in the game? Sounds realistic to me, especially when the Wildcat doesn't have money plays.
Old 10-02-2008, 09:04 PM   #38
MVP

jdrhammer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Ole Miss really uses McCluster at QB in the Wildcat. Why would that be cheese to alter the depth chart so it can happen in the game? Sounds realistic to me, especially when the Wildcat doesn't have money plays.
Glad you think so. I'm pretty hardcore against anything remotely close to cheesing but the deal with Harvin and the use of some of these players in different ways makes this seem possible to do. I'd never do it the majority of the game, just here and there.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:09 PM   #39
MVP

OVR: 20

Actually adjusting the depth chart to put him at qb is cheese but using the formation sub ocassionally to put him in isn't. Replacing him on the depth chart would make him the qb every play.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Old 10-02-2008, 10:15 PM   #40
MVP

Palo20's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
Actually adjusting the depth chart to put him at qb is cheese but using the formation sub ocassionally to put him in isn't. Replacing him on the depth chart would make him the qb every play.
To use him in the Wildcat you only have to put him as the backup QB. Then you can use the Backup QB formation sub to use him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »