Home

Recruiting thoughts "House Rules"

This is a discussion on Recruiting thoughts "House Rules" within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2008, 03:31 PM   #17
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54
Re: Recruiting thoughts "House Rules"

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
But whatever I use does add enjoyment to the game for me.
And that my friend is all that matters at the end of the day.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 10-03-2008, 03:31 PM   #18
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
1. Whatever your needs are, say you need a FB and a Center. A FB and Center must be 1 & 2 on your recruiting board. And you must apply appropriate resources as needed and spend time on them every week. In they event they sign somewhere else, a new FB & C prospect must jump to the top of your board.

IMO, rule like this makes no sense to me personally but everyone is different.
Recruiting priorities based on what a team needs make no sense? I know, I know, Speed, speed, speed.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:49 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Recruiting priorities based on what a team needs make no sense? I know, I know, Speed, speed, speed.
whoa, easy tiger, you know that I have house ruled speed out. I just think that mandating putting someone like a FB or C on top of your board seems crazy to me and no fun. If you find recruiting to be so busted and easy why not just let the CPU recruit for you so it uses the same logic as the CPU does?
Old 10-03-2008, 03:51 PM   #20
MVP

Quote:
But whatever I use does add enjoyment to the game for me.
I would hope/assume that this is what EVERYONE does and why anyone would house rule anything at all. Until we get paid to play these games, enjoyment is their only value.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:55 PM   #21
MVP

Quote:
Are your sliders hard enough to produce realistic win/loss records? Could you lose if you tried you hardest even with house rules?
My sliders are limited to what my buddy can play at. I am definitely playing ABOVE my ability but with our current sliders he started out losing every game and losing BADLY. He just does not have much time to play, he is a VERY casual gamer. I have in turn not been playing much at all since I don't play unless its a dynasty game and spend time doing other things. We are having fun with our dynasty and that is all that matters. If the time comes when we both run the table without any 4th quarter comebacks, then we will likely quit this OD.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2008, 03:55 PM   #22
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
whoa, easy tiger, you know that I have house ruled speed out. I just think that mandating putting someone like a FB or C on top of your board seems crazy to me and no fun. If you find recruiting to be so busted and easy why not just let the CPU recruit for you so it uses the same logic as the CPU does?
But you recruit based on speed on defense as your top priority, right. So you would sign 4 A+ speed cornerbacks if you could as top priority and cut your scholarship CB's if you could right? Even if your team needed a center 1st because you would figure you could just throw a 2 or 3* guy in there if need be. I know I would have because I used to recruit that way.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:12 PM   #23
MVP

Quote:
But you recruit based on speed on defense as your top priority, right. So you would sign 4 A+ speed cornerbacks if you could as top priority and cut your scholarship CB's if you could right? Even if your team needed a center 1st because you would figure you could just throw a 2 or 3* guy in there if need be. I know I would have because I used to recruit that way.
No, I don't simply recruit due to speed. If 2 guys are very close I will take the faster kid because you can't teach speed so his ceiling is higher then the slower kid. I would never take a fast 3* kid over a stud 5* kid unless the 5* kid is just comically slow (which I have seen). CB and OLB are the only 2 positions where I really care about speed on my team. I pretty much ignore speed at DT, DE, MLB, SS and FS positions, but I do use speed as a tie breaker rating.

A CB's ability/rating to cover and be AWR are his most important ratings to me. However, if I already have starters and the kid is going to set on the pine and redshirt regardless, then I might want a faster kid because all other ratings will come up. SPD, ACC, AGI are the 3 that don't move much over time.
Old 10-03-2008, 04:27 PM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
No, I don't simply recruit due to speed. If 2 guys are very close I will take the faster kid because you can't teach speed so his ceiling is higher then the slower kid. I would never take a fast 3* kid over a stud 5* kid unless the 5* kid is just comically slow (which I have seen). CB and OLB are the only 2 positions where I really care about speed on my team. I pretty much ignore speed at DT, DE, MLB, SS and FS positions, but I do use speed as a tie breaker rating.

A CB's ability/rating to cover and be AWR are his most important ratings to me. However, if I already have starters and the kid is going to set on the pine and redshirt regardless, then I might want a faster kid because all other ratings will come up. SPD, ACC, AGI are the 3 that don't move much over time.

I thought I recalled you used to sort by speed, but its not important. But the question was would you ignore needs on the offensive line and non-skill positions if skill athletes were available that you didn't necessarily need. Would you then in turn cut exisiting players from your team to fill positions you didn't need?

If the answer is yes, think about it. If the answer is no, then you were doing a great job of simulating recruiting.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »