Home

OD Recruiting glitch?

This is a discussion on OD Recruiting glitch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-13-2008, 01:11 AM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: OD Recruiting glitch?

I am currently the commish of an online dynasty. The users are spending hours at the end of the season talking players into staying in college and to not transfer, successfully. Yet after I advance the players are not there and the users still have 10 hrs remaining to recruit. When I talk players into staying, they're there and I dont start out with 10 hrs. Is there something I am doing wrong or what is the deal. Appreciate any help.
Old 10-13-2008, 08:48 AM   #18
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefb41
I am currently the commish of an online dynasty. The users are spending hours at the end of the season talking players into staying in college and to not transfer, successfully. Yet after I advance the players are not there and the users still have 10 hrs remaining to recruit. When I talk players into staying, they're there and I dont start out with 10 hrs. Is there something I am doing wrong or what is the deal. Appreciate any help.
known bug that EA missed on. Only the OD commish gets his pitches saved when trying to keep players from leaving so only he can do this. All non commish players can NOT keep players from leaving early.

Work around: save OD OFFLINE and have commish do this for everyone offline and then re-invite everyone back to the OD. There seem to be negative side effects to this of course which include: coaching integrity resets, team specific ratings in recruiting attributes seem to be free falling like the DOW. I am sure there are others but at this point I don't care.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:08 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
I have had a 84OVR SOPH(RS) want to go to the pros early with no backup at his position. When that happens and you have to START a walk on, it BLOWS.
Uhh, if he leaves, early, you can always recruit another player at his position and he starts. Or you can do what everyone else does, and have more than 1 good player at a single position. Oh and I dont think that a sophmore red shirt going to the NFL is a glitch. If hes really good, and even though his OVR doesnt really say it, he can go, if he chooses too. Maybe it was actually meant to teach you something, like have more depth, so you dont have to start a walk on.

NCAAB: Cincinnati Bearcats
NFL: Houston Texans
NBA: New York Knicks

"Those Who Stay Will Be CHAMPIONS"-Bo Schembechler-R.I.P.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:21 AM   #20
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by yanks26ngoin
Uhh, if he leaves, early, you can always recruit another player at his position and he starts. Or you can do what everyone else does, and have more than 1 good player at a single position. Oh and I dont think that a sophmore red shirt going to the NFL is a glitch. If hes really good, and even though his OVR doesnt really say it, he can go, if he chooses too. Maybe it was actually meant to teach you something, like have more depth, so you dont have to start a walk on.
was in year 1 and no MLBs were interested in UM in year 1. thanks for pointing out that it was to "teach me a lesson" I am sure you are SPOT ON with that assessment! ROFLMAO! you think EA has code in there to teach lessons.... people never cease to amaze me.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:46 AM   #21
Rookie

ram124's Arena

OVR: 5

Have we confirmed that it's just TV ratings that are affected? I could live with that, as I have not seen many recruits that have that as a MOST priority.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2008, 09:53 AM   #22
MVP

I don't know for sure. My TV rating is down to Very Good in year 3 and I have only lost 2 games TOTAL to date. I expect this to be POOR if I play that many seasons. My coaching rating doesn't seem to be going the right direction either however....
Old 10-14-2008, 10:17 AM   #23
Rookie

ram124's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
I don't know for sure. My TV rating is down to Very Good in year 3 and I have only lost 2 games TOTAL to date. I expect this to be POOR if I play that many seasons. My coaching rating doesn't seem to be going the right direction either however....
Would you mind giving me a list of what all of your school's pitches are at now? I want to see how they compare to the original Michigan pitches when you start a dynasty. Or if you could do the comparison for us that would be cool too, either way.

I say this because I am approaching the end of the 2nd season in our OD, and I want to make a decision on which way we are going to go. Let the players leave or take it offline and have the the pitches affected. In our first season, we were unaware and even I, as the commish, lost 2 players (Jr's) who were my highest rated players.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:21 AM   #24
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram124
Would you mind giving me a list of what all of your school's pitches are at now? I want to see how they compare to the original Michigan pitches when you start a dynasty. Or if you could do the comparison for us that would be cool too, either way.

I say this because I am approaching the end of the 2nd season in our OD, and I want to make a decision on which way we are going to go. Let the players leave or take it offline and have the the pitches affected. In our first season, we were unaware and even I, as the commish, lost 2 players (Jr's) who were my highest rated players.
I am at work and can't look now. We decided to go with the take OD offline and save guys but make any PROMISES illegal. IMO, the logic for kids XFERing is busted. The WORST thing you can do is to get your backup too much success. The game views that as a star player who needs to go somewhere else, its silly. I can deal with the kids leaving early for the pros but the logic for kids XFERing is bad IMO. I made it a point one year to get my backup RB a ton of touches and he rushed for 850 yards and a crap load of TDs. He XFERED out because he was not the starter even though the starter was 10+ points ranked higher then him. Just silly IMO.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »