Home

OD Recruiting glitch?

This is a discussion on OD Recruiting glitch? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-21-2008, 02:49 PM   #41
Rookie

ram124's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: OD Recruiting glitch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
you can take it offline after the week for xfers comes up. simply save as OFFLINE dynasty at this point, ask your buddy how much time he wants to spend on each guy, then save it and load it up as OD and re-invite. Might want to use our house rule of no promises however.
I think I have to take it offline before then to be able to get conference invites, coach offers, etc. But, yeah for the transfers only that would work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-21-2008, 03:33 PM   #42
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram124
I think I have to take it offline before then to be able to get conference invites, coach offers, etc. But, yeah for the transfers only that would work.
yeah, I don't know the answer to that. I am Michigan and he is Notre Dame (our 2 favorite teams) so we aren't looking to change anything other then to get a NC trophy for our trophy case.
Old 10-22-2008, 03:17 PM   #43
MVP

just advanced to season 4 and after winning the NC game I have dropped down another notch on the TV rating to GOOD.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:14 AM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram124
Take it offline to sim the National Title game, or if you happen to be in it...don't advance to the off-season online, do that offline.
Old 10-24-2008, 09:25 AM   #45
MVP

So did OMT ever get back to us as to why our TV Exposure keeps going down and down? When we go offline and then back on does the dynasty forget that we played any of our games on TV? I would think that going 12-1 and winning the National Championship would have at the very least STOPPED my TV exposure rating from decreasing... but it didn't. I am heading for POOR.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-27-2008, 04:01 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 3

Has anyone ever tried having all league members go online at the same time, do the players leaving portion, and then have the commish advance while everyone is still on? I doubt it works, but I'm curious if anyone has taken a shot at it.
Old 10-27-2008, 04:16 PM   #47
MVP

StormJH1's Arena

OVR: 13

Honestly...how big of a deal is this glitch? I've played NCAA for years on PS2, and even in my superstar teams, maybe at most, 3-5 players would show interest in the pros. Moreover, if you're good at recruiting, you can play guys as true freshman anyway, and still get 3 years with them before they want to go pro their junior year. It may not be realistic in light of what happens in real college football, but having a guy leave one year early isn't a tragedy, it's just life.

There are factors in real college football that might cause guys to leave early, such as poor academics, criminal charges, untimely death, etc....these things are NOT in the game. So if you lose a guy early, why can't you just deal with it and rationalize it as Wyatt Sexson getting Lyme Disease, or one of any number of Florida State players being booted off the team for rules violations!
Old 10-27-2008, 05:17 PM   #48
Rookie

ram124's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormJH1
Honestly...how big of a deal is this glitch? I've played NCAA for years on PS2, and even in my superstar teams, maybe at most, 3-5 players would show interest in the pros. Moreover, if you're good at recruiting, you can play guys as true freshman anyway, and still get 3 years with them before they want to go pro their junior year. It may not be realistic in light of what happens in real college football, but having a guy leave one year early isn't a tragedy, it's just life.

There are factors in real college football that might cause guys to leave early, such as poor academics, criminal charges, untimely death, etc....these things are NOT in the game. So if you lose a guy early, why can't you just deal with it and rationalize it as Wyatt Sexson getting Lyme Disease, or one of any number of Florida State players being booted off the team for rules violations!
That's the rationale I have taken. If a guy goes pro that doesn't bother me. For the transfers, I like to make up reasons for why they might have wanted to leave or gotten kicked-off. Then we post them on our OD message board. Kind of fun. It's a way to find some kind of humor in a ****ty situation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »