Home

Is a challenge possible in this game?

This is a discussion on Is a challenge possible in this game? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2008, 02:51 PM   #41
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Is a challenge possible in this game?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Here's the deal with the house rules though, can you eliminate any of them if you lowered your QBA and move the AI defensive sliders higher. I know you like to have the AI RBA @ 50, but if you moved to 75 or higher wouldn't the game be more of a challenge? Either way, if you don't want to give up the game, just play however you want that makes it funnest it can be.

Anyway, the original poster said he was beating the AI 80-0 or something like that and it wasn't a challenge. He tried my sliders and was complaining he won 24-7. Well tick the AI sliders up a few clicks and the human sliders down a few and he should be pretty close to where he needs to be. He said he wanted a challenge, not sure what he wants his stats to look like.
yeah, i was responding to his post and agreed with the original poster that WITHOUT HOUSE RULES that limit what type of plays and formations you can call, there is no way to get the kind of game from the CPU where you feel that you have to try your hardest to win period.

however, if i lowered my QBA low enough that I could no longer complete at pass (like dropping it to zero like you suggest) then sure I guess there it is possible to make the game impossible to do anything but that to me seems pointless. if I can't hit a wide open receiver because my QB can't throw the ball at all, then what is the point of even playing?

obviously I am having fun in my dynasty, I am in year 3 of it and we are still playing. however, my OD partner has to travel quite a bit for his job so we hit these long periods of zero game time.

I still agree and stand behind the poster's original point (although I think the rest of us have known this forever and he must have gotten the game late) that it stinks that you can not get a good game vs the CPU unless you severely handcuff yourself.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »