Home

It ain't easy being cheesy

This is a discussion on It ain't easy being cheesy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2008, 05:24 PM   #9
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: It ain't easy being cheesy

This thread is/was not directed at you so don't feel the need to defend yourself. I am simply discussing the word CHEESE as it pertains to NCAA series. There will always be cheese because the AI is so bad but I find it comical how people tend to think cheesing is taking advantage of whatever they choose NOT TO. Its impossible to SIM vs the CPU simply cause the CPU is bad. Plus almost no one likes to take a team and have an equal chance of taking the team down the crappers as to stardom. Almost everyone plays at a difficulty that they can consistently out perform their team in real life.

The big question that I face every year and I am sure most others do is how much do you "house rule out" versus crank up the sliders/difficulty and leave in the game. This year, and virtually ever year, the game is simply too broken to play all out with any sliders and only play to the level of your team ranking. This is primarily due to CPU crappy play calling.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:26 PM   #10
MVP

Re: It's too EAsy to be chEAsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
Contain and spy stops this easily. I love playing guys with WVU and other scramblers. I play with Tebow but he only runs on the goalline. QB SNEAK almost feels cheese when less than one yard out. That I can admit but i know for a fact that all of us use it.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile/5805297

Go there n check out what happened to the last guy that played as WVU. He quit in the second quarter
i house ruled out all QB sneaks and all handoffs to the FB, I feel both are cheesy.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:29 PM   #11
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
Contain and spy stops this easily. I love playing guys with WVU and other scramblers. I play with Tebow but he only runs on the goalline. QB SNEAK almost feels cheese when less than one yard out. That I can admit but i know for a fact that all of us use it.

http://www.easportsworld.com/en_US/profile/5805297

Go there n check out what happened to the last guy that played as WVU. He quit in the second quarter
I wouldn't post that link if I were you.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2008, 05:34 PM   #12
MVP

Looking through your games vs. CPU it definitely looks like you play with sliders/diff too easy IMO to be remotely SIM. Not bashing, just stating what I see.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:36 PM   #13
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
This thread is/was not directed at you so don't feel the need to defend yourself. I am simply discussing the word CHEESE as it pertains to NCAA series. There will always be cheese because the AI is so bad but I find it comical how people tend to think cheesing is taking advantage of whatever they choose NOT TO. Its impossible to SIM vs the CPU simply cause the CPU is bad. Plus almost no one likes to take a team and have an equal chance of taking the team down the crappers as to stardom. Almost everyone plays at a difficulty that they can consistently out perform their team in real life.

The big question that I face every year and I am sure most others do is how much do you "house rule out" versus crank up the sliders/difficulty and leave in the game. This year, and virtually ever year, the game is simply too broken to play all out with any sliders and only play to the level of your team ranking. This is primarily due to CPU crappy play calling.
I didnt think it was directed toward me. My team is already slow as my fastest guy is my senior RB at 92spd, 90 agi and 92 accel.
My only house rules for my offline dynasties are:
-dont user pick everything thrown your way cuz even on Heisman ints are tedious with the right defensive set ups
-no user catching on posts or streaks
-if its 4th and 2 or more you HAVE to punt or kick a FG unless ur losing by more than 4 points in the 4th qtr
-NO HB SCREENS

I dont have any recruiting house rules. I always pick guys that are interested w/o comparing stats. Long as they fit my needs and are a good size I go after em and I quick call every body based on interests.

If Im there number 3 team they get thirty minutes, #2 team gets them 20 minutes and if im at the top they either get 5 or ten minutes. I only iniciate actual calls when the guy is ready for a visit

Old 10-14-2008, 05:37 PM   #14
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan203
I wouldn't post that link if I were you.
why is that?

Old 10-14-2008, 05:46 PM   #15
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
Looking through your games vs. CPU it definitely looks like you play with sliders/diff too easy IMO to be remotely SIM. Not bashing, just stating what I see.
the only 3 with out of hand scores were the Florida vs UCF game, the Pittsburgh at buffalo game, and my Troy vs Cincinnati game.

-UCF sucks, they're too slow
-Buffalo sucks as well. They couldnt stop the run. Even when I put my 2nd string in in the 4th
-And the Troy vs Cincinnati game was played in an OD with default AA sliders. I quit that league after that game. I actually expected to lose but the game was so easy and the game play was so damn boring that I simmed the entire 4th qtr and quit the league as soon as I left the game

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2008, 06:12 PM   #16
MVP

young, looking at your signature pretty much says it all... don't you think your records in your dynasties are "slightly" TOO GOOD relative to real life?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »