Home

It ain't easy being cheesy

This is a discussion on It ain't easy being cheesy within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-14-2008, 07:47 PM   #17
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: It ain't easy being cheesy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
young, looking at your signature pretty much says it all... don't you think your records in your dynasties are "slightly" TOO GOOD relative to real life?
Havent got into conference play in any of my online dynasties. cupcake universities and teams that dont respect the run get destroyed on any level. I highly doubt remaining undefeated in my Pitt or Florida OD. Sliders are hardened, conference play is full of user games and other ranked teams. But considering that all but 2 of my games are vs the cpu and looking at the other guys rush defense stats, im almost a shoe in to win out in my OD with Oklahoma.

Old 10-14-2008, 08:42 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 17

LOL, you changed your signature after I referenced it as cheese! AMAZING!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:27 PM   #19
All Star

cubsfan203's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: It's too EAsy to be chEAsey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young J 334
why is that?
Well...the topic of the thread...

NCAAź FOOTBALL 09: Young J 334 played as Hawai'i against The CPU who played as USC and won 94-28

NCAAź FOOTBALL 09: Young J 334 played as Hawai'i against The CPU who played as Washington State and won 83-31

NCAAź FOOTBALL 09: Young J 334 played as Troy against The CPU who played as Mid Tenn State and won 68-31

NCAAź FOOTBALL 09: Young J 334 played as Florida against The CPU who played as Tennessee and won 73-24

along with the games you already mentioned, and I just picked out the way over the top.

Coaching Career of Chris Matthews (CH2k8)
The Legend of Ocho Ocho
Old 10-14-2008, 09:37 PM   #20
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Go Rays. Nice Price blog.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:46 PM   #21
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubsfan203
Well...the topic of the thread...

NCAAź FOOTBALL 09: Young J 334 played as Hawai'i against The CPU who played as USC and won 94-28

NCAAź FOOTBALL 09: Young J 334 played as Hawai'i against The CPU who played as Washington State and won 83-31

NCAAź FOOTBALL 09: Young J 334 played as Troy against The CPU who played as Mid Tenn State and won 68-31

NCAAź FOOTBALL 09: Young J 334 played as Florida against The CPU who played as Tennessee and won 73-24

along with the games you already mentioned, and I just picked out the way over the top.
I remember all of those besides the top one with USC. It only let me go as far back as Oct 9th. But the ones with Hawaii n Florida were played with OS Legends sliders at the time. And the troy game was the dynasty i quit because of the default AA sliders.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-14-2008, 11:05 PM   #22
BOOM!

AuburnAlumni's Arena

OVR: 43

Eh....the original post is calling something cheesy that really isn't even in that area of cheese.

First off, I CANNOT STAND folks who want "hard" sliders.

I am going for realism...or as close as possible.

No..it's not realistic for an 80 rated team to go 11-1 or 12-0 every season.

THEN AGAIN...it's not realistic to see your entire D line get pancaked over and over and over and over by Akron on Heisman.

It's not realistic to see Robo QB know exactly when and where you are blitzing from and always throw to the right guy...even if they haven't even TURNED AROUND yet.

It's not realistic to severely handicap your own team just to "make the game hard".

In my opinion...Heisman is a freaking joke. It's not fun to play..at all. It's a cheese fest by the CPU all day everyday and defense is a complete joke as well. Defensive line? HA!! What's that. Are those the 3 or 4 guys who get put on their a$$ every damn play or get super suction blocked into oblivion?

I prefer to play on Varsity myself with adjusted sliders. The OL/DL interaction is much better...still sorry as hell and EA should be ashamed of their shoddy programming as far as this goes...but still it's much better than AA or Heisman.

IMO....CPU playcalling is the ultimate "undoer" of any game. The CPU 90% of the time is just flat out stupid in their playcalling. Again..a direct result of shoddy and lazy programming.

The only reason CPU QBs throw less picks on Heisman and AA is because EA cheated and made Defenses nonexistant as far as blitzes and pressuring the QB. If you adjust it so that you can get a decent pass rush....it's right back to the CPU panicking and throwing picks.

To each their own, but I would rather play a game where it plays as close to "fair" as possible...rather than worry if I'm "winning too much".
Old 10-14-2008, 11:27 PM   #23
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Just converted my AA sliders to Heisman and slaughtered WKU by 50+. Given that Heisman is supposed to be the ultimate test with good sliders. Those bitches suck. I ran the ball 60 times total for 363 yards and 10 TDS, returned a kick and an int. My qb went 15-25, was sacked 4 times and had 196 yards with 0 tds or picks. I seen a few super LBs with 67 ovr but i didnt let it bother me too much. And IDK how they played 3 down and got so much pressure. Hell no

I understand that they are a lesser team but all i play is lesser teams cuz of my conference. Boise and Fresno St have fallen off in the last few yrs. Boise St is ranked however. I beat them 59-34. They sit at #24 at 8-3 with one more game left to play. My last game of the season will be against #25 Wisconsin 8-3 (6-2) in Wisconsin using these sliders

Human/Cpu
QB Acc-40/30
Pass Blk-0/0
WR Catch-20/15
RBA-45/65
Run Blk-25/100

Awr-50/90
Knockdowns-100/100
Int-0/0
Brk Blk-70/100
Tackle-30/50

FGP-20/20
FGA-25/25
PP-35/35
PA-30/30
KOP-70/70

They better give me a damn game. Otherwise I will be highly pissed off due to the fact that Ive went through all this drama to show that I can beat any team on any level with sliders. I hope they beat me so this crap can end

Last edited by Young J 334; 10-14-2008 at 11:32 PM.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:46 PM   #24
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni
Eh....the original post is calling something cheesy that really isn't even in that area of cheese.

First off, I CANNOT STAND folks who want "hard" sliders.

I am going for realism...or as close as possible.

No..it's not realistic for an 80 rated team to go 11-1 or 12-0 every season.

THEN AGAIN...it's not realistic to see your entire D line get pancaked over and over and over and over by Akron on Heisman.

It's not realistic to see Robo QB know exactly when and where you are blitzing from and always throw to the right guy...even if they haven't even TURNED AROUND yet.

It's not realistic to severely handicap your own team just to "make the game hard".

In my opinion...Heisman is a freaking joke. It's not fun to play..at all. It's a cheese fest by the CPU all day everyday and defense is a complete joke as well. Defensive line? HA!! What's that. Are those the 3 or 4 guys who get put on their a$$ every damn play or get super suction blocked into oblivion?

I prefer to play on Varsity myself with adjusted sliders. The OL/DL interaction is much better...still sorry as hell and EA should be ashamed of their shoddy programming as far as this goes...but still it's much better than AA or Heisman.

IMO....CPU playcalling is the ultimate "undoer" of any game. The CPU 90% of the time is just flat out stupid in their playcalling. Again..a direct result of shoddy and lazy programming.

The only reason CPU QBs throw less picks on Heisman and AA is because EA cheated and made Defenses nonexistant as far as blitzes and pressuring the QB. If you adjust it so that you can get a decent pass rush....it's right back to the CPU panicking and throwing picks.

To each their own, but I would rather play a game where it plays as close to "fair" as possible...rather than worry if I'm "winning too much".
I got a hell of a pass rush in qtrs 3 deep man de contain, but its very vulnerable to inside runs. But you can show blitz and bring all your corners down. Set it up like this

3 down linemen, 1 lb and 7 dbs
Im gonna show with symbols. they're not exact but they'll do for this cause

x-dbs (control the safety in the middle)
o-line
m-lb

(deep zone)x (you)x x(deep zone)

x(man) x(blitz) m(spy) (blitz)x x(man)

<--o o o-->

audible you coverage to press and you should see a nice improvement in the pass rush

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »