Home

Going back to school....Old school that is!

This is a discussion on Going back to school....Old school that is! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-02-2008, 11:11 PM   #121
MVP

OVR: 20
Re: Going back to school....Old school that is!

I definalty like the gameplay of the PS2 version alot better but something is bothering me. It is jaggies galore. I am playing the game on my PS3 on a HDTV so is that why it looks so bad or does the PS2 version just look that bad? I have upscaling of PS2 games turned on in my PS3 settings and I am using an hdmi cable. Anyway to make the PS2 version have less jaggies?

What settings are other people who are playing it on the PS3 using for their tvs and PS3's?

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2008, 08:22 AM   #122
MVP

Hammerhunker's Arena

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678
I definalty like the gameplay of the PS2 version alot better but something is bothering me. It is jaggies galore. I am playing the game on my PS3 on a HDTV so is that why it looks so bad or does the PS2 version just look that bad? I have upscaling of PS2 games turned on in my PS3 settings and I am using an hdmi cable. Anyway to make the PS2 version have less jaggies?

What settings are other people who are playing it on the PS3 using for their tvs and PS3's?
I'm forced to use my ps2 (ps3 is a 40 gb). I am using an HDTV and went to using composite cables, but it is still not a great picture. I can barely see the numbers on the jerseys. Playing on a sdtv is better, but it shouln't, I would think.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:43 AM   #123
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoblue678

I thought I read somewhere that upscaling can makes some PS2 games look worse. There was something on the internet I read where you might want to try deselecting your 720 and 1080 options to force the game to run at 480p. Not sure though.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/notag/ps3...wed-265411.php
http://www.ps3forums.com/showthread.php?t=77188
Old 11-17-2011, 02:41 PM   #124
The Predator

Sportsbuck's Arena

OVR: 8

Bump.

When I go home for winter break, I'm going back to my trusty ole PS2 and plugging in NCAA 07.

NCAA 12 is the best of this gen so far... but that's not really saying much. I just can't stay with it anymore. This always happens on this generation of consoles for me. I'll love the game at first, but then slowly after a couple of months the replay value just isn't there and I can't stick with it.
Old 11-18-2011, 04:49 PM   #125
Pro

MrRudy's Arena

OVR: 14

Reading through this thread made me kinda sad. I miss the disciple issues and the chain gangs of yesteryear. Sigh, back to my next gen Chicago Maroons dynasty I go....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-20-2011, 07:03 PM   #126
Rookie

OVR: 0

They take out good features so they can put them back in in the future. Pathetic EA if only 2K could get an NCAA game then they would be forced to actually make a good game as opposed to just putting in some features they had removed.
Old 11-23-2011, 01:20 PM   #127
Rookie

RDMercer's Arena

OVR: 4

For those of you going back to the PS2 version...It seems most of you are running with 09...Has anyone tried 11' on the PS2? Any real differences?

Thanks

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »