Home

the greatest game ever...

This is a discussion on the greatest game ever... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2008, 03:04 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 15
the greatest game ever...

Let me set the stage for you. My first season in a Wake Forest dynasty, and also my first dynasty ever playing on Heisman. 3-1 with my only loss an upset in Tallahassee against Florida State that knocked me out of the polls. Playing against #5 Clemson at home two weeks later, and it was the most epic game of football I have ever played.

I was down 27-10 half-way through the second quarter, Riley Skinner (aka me) had thrown three fricken interceptions, and it looked like the game was lost. But then, my offense started to click like none other. I scored 21 consecutive points to go up 31-27 with about five minutes left in the game.

Clemson has a sweet drive and tears up my defense, they go up 34-31 with two and a half minutes left. On the next drive, I throw ANOTHER pick and they end up kicking a field goal to make it 37-31 with 52 seconds left.

So I get the ball back, and I honestly thought it was over. I was contemplating how i was gonna rebound, since my schedule gets tough now (back-to-back road games against Maryland and Miami), and was about ready to give up.

However, on the first play of the drive, I hit a huge pass play over the middle to get me to the 40 yard line, but due to me not having any timeouts and the fact I called a HB dive accidentally next, I spiked the ball with just 7 seconds left and 38 yards between me and glory.

So I called my money play, a post-corner rout combo on the right with my fastest receiver running the corner and is ALWAYS open. I snap the ball, have to scramble right away to avoid the pressure, get CRUSHED, but still manage to get the pass off to an absolutely WIDE OPEN receiver who walked into the endzone to tie the game.

After that, it was a simple matter of hitting an extra point when iced, and I had my greatest victory ever.

Yell at me if you must, but I had to tell someone cause none of my friends play NCAA 09.

Greatness rating on the game: 1337 (appropriate isnt it)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2008, 10:36 PM   #2
#Ace

Speedy's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: the greatest game ever...

Seems like you had a blast then; I would thus assume you had no running game if Skinner threw 4 picks...But at least you used WFU: Smart man
Old 10-21-2008, 12:03 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 15

yeah your right on the no running game, Adams had 16 yards on 11 carries or some horrible stat.

My fullback...I think his name is Rinfrette, had 84 yards on 22 carries, I kept feeding him the ball cause he kept getting yardage.

They had no running game as well, both Davis and Spiller averaged under 3 yards per carry
Old 10-21-2008, 08:58 AM   #4
Rookie

geekygreulich's Arena

OVR: 3

I just had an epic Triple OT game in my Oregon (was Navy) dynasty against Southern Miss.

To set the stage, I'm in the 2011 season, in my first season at Oregon after leaving Navy.

The first half was disastrous, as I threw 3 picks, giving Southern Miss great field position. They turned 2 of the picks into touchdowns on the ensuing possessions, and tacked on a field goal to lead 17-0 at the half.

All said, my defense was playing well despite the score. In the second half, I finally managed to get a ground game going. My starting HB got injured on the first possession, which turned out to be a blessing in disguise, as my second and third string backs are actually faster (but with 10-20 less strength/break tackle), and could outrun Southern Miss' DBs. Using the fresh, faster legs, I was able to break 2 long runs for TDs to get within 3 at 17-14 with 3 minutes left in the fourth. An interception by my defense allowed us to tie the game with about 1:35 left. Another strong defensive stand gave me the ball with :45 left, and I was able to drive down to Southern Miss' 30 for a last second FG try, but missed, sending the game to OT.

We traded field goals in the first OT, and then all hell broke loose. I had possession first in the the second OT and fumbled the ball away on a busted option play on second down. I figured the game was lost at that point, as I had trouble pretty much all game stopping their short passing game. Luckily, we got our second pick of the game on first down, as a LB in zone coverage happened to be in the right place at the right time.

As if it wasn't stressful enough, in the third OT, Southern Miss got the ball all the way down to my 2. A touchdown got called back due to a holding penalty, forcing them to settle for a field goal. On my ensuing possession, my second string HB got injured on first down. Luckily, our depth at HB came through, as my third stringer broke a sweep for a TD to finally win it, 26-23.

Stats-wise, I had all of 56 yards passing but made up for it with 153 yards on 34 carries. That was probably the most stressful/exciting defensive struggle-type game I've had so far.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »