Home

2 games left for first NC

This is a discussion on 2 games left for first NC within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-22-2008, 03:53 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 21
Re: 2 games left for first NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
You guys are not going to believe this... even after losing to OSU in my final game the other 6 undefeated teams either lost in the last week or during championship week and I ended up back in the NC with USC!

The game with USC was an epic game for the ages. This team can pass and run on me at will so I tried to play ball control and run down every play clock to 5 seconds. Well the game ended in the strangest way I have ever seen in any game I have ever played. I was up 24-17 in the game and USC took the ball straight down the field and scored with 1 minute to play....

Well here is the extra point!

EA SPORTS World: NCAA Football 09 Video

WIDE RIGHT, WIDE RIGHT, WIDE RIGHT!!!!!!!!!

I go and check his ratings after the kick... he is a 41 OVR walkon!!! Unreal... so I hold on to win my first National Championship 24-23 because of a missed extra point! LOL! I just hope my buddy can actually make a bowl game this year because he has ND down to a 4-star school right now!

HOLY ****!!!
In my first year OD I went to the NC as LSU played USC and won 34-33 on a missed extra point by USC!!! LOL!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2008, 08:35 AM   #26
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

That's unreal. Luck was on your side.

I remember in NCAA '06, I ended up playing on Heisman with Georgia. My team was great but Heisman was hard on me. I went 12-0 and won the NC but I definitely had some luck on my side. I was down 13 with under two minutes to go, score a TD, recover the onside kick (which I almost never do) and then score a TD with almost no time left. I couldn't believe it. I had a lot of close games that year and squeaked out a lot of wins.
Old 10-22-2008, 08:59 AM   #27
MVP

OVR: 17

I am pumped yet this morning for that win! The last 3 games of the seasons were freaking awesome against an undefeated PSU at home, a 9-2 OSU in Columbus and finally a 12-0 USC at Cardinals stadium in the Fiesta bowl. In all 3 of those games I was either tied or losing in the 4th quarter and had to stage comebacks or hold on for dear life. I know house rules suck, but if it delivers finishes like this I am PUMPED and pleased. 3 consecutive 12-1 seasons for a total record of 36-3 is pretty sweet.

I now have the foundation laid for my team and recruiting. I will only be playing HIGH end 5-star recruits their FROSH year any more like the OT that I just recruited who is a 90 OVR on his first day on campus!!! That is the highest guy I have ever recruited!

I will post more after lunch where I will be looking for advice for who to start/redshirt/recruit because things are getting tight now that I have 3 years of my guys in AA.

This game is strange in that it really changes not only from week to week, year to year, but also dynasty to dynasty. In the first UM dynasty that I played I could NOT recruit a MLB to save my life. Now in this one that #1 MLB in the country continues to have me as his #1 pick 3 of the 4 years so far. I am so stacked at MLB that my 3rd stringers could be all americans. Very strange how different this is from my previous UM dynasty.

First question for you guys: How much emphasis do you put on your MLB's speed? Also your FS's speed? Those 2 positions are up for grabs this year with the best OVR rated guy being SIGNIFICANTLY slower then the next best guy on the roster. As of this moment I am leaning on playing the slower guys to start or possibly starting the year alternating series and seeing who produces better. Any thoughts?

For anyone reading this playing in a early OD, keep playing along because its pretty cool making it to year 4 and having tons of "my guys" on the roster. I want to play all of them but can't so I might end up really cranking up the subing % energy to keep fresh guys on the field. My only position where I don't have super studs right now is DE. I am yet to really recruit anything more then a lower 4-star DE and this year doesn't look to have any supers interested in me either although I might try to chase one that doesn't have me on the top of his list.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:42 PM   #28
MVP

Alright, I have decided to red shirt my speedier FS and start my much slower but better OVR FS instead. I am also going to start my MLB with 79 speed over my MLB with 85 speed. Both are total studs and I will get both in the game. I might crank the sub % way up and I will run more 3-4 defensive sets.

3 decisions to be made in recruiting with 3 guys that do NOT have me in their top 10 at preseason.

1) #1 MLB in country is a special kid. He is 6-1 240lbs, #2 recruit in the nation, runs a blistering 4.41 forty, and has fantastic ratings across the board. Now I already have a GREAT set of MLBs but talent like this doesn't come around every year. If I go for him I will have to push really hard as the top guys in the country are hard to land. Right now I am leaning on going for him, what do you guys think?

2) #2 TE in country is 6-5 240ish lbs and runs a 4.39 or 4.41 forty. He is a receiving TE with good hands but not the best power or trucking ability around. If I was in his top 10 this would be a no brainer but I am not and my OD partner is and he will recruit him hard. I already have 2 FANTASTIC young TEs and a decent young 3-star TE to back them up. I am really on the fence with this one as to whether or not to spend the time or just use that time to chase a 5-stat O-Linemen instead.

3) Best scrambling QB with pretty solid speed and a respectable arm. I am debating making a transition to more of an option based team and this guy would be a pretty ideal choice to run that offense. However, he is ranked pretty high overall and I don't want to spend a ton of time and NOT land this guy, that would be tragic since I will likely not recruit a stud O-Linemen if I go after him. If I KNEW I could land him for sure I would definitely chase him. Hell, if he was even located in a pipeline state I would be more inclined to chase him but he is from Colorado and most of the BIG 12 is high on his list with Oklahoma at #1. (Oklahoma has kicked my butt in these type of recruiting wars before. Florida and Oklahoma have probably been #1 and #2 for stealing my prised recruits.

I have found that you can't half-arss recruit the 5-star kids (especially O-Linemen) so I have to make these decisions early and get off center. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Old 10-22-2008, 01:58 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 16

What are some of the better house rules to play by?
Old 10-22-2008, 02:08 PM   #30
MVP

copy and pasting this from the house rule thread:

Re: Official House Rules!

1) no offensive players over 90 speed (B+) = 4.35 forty
2) no switching positions around
3) no 4 or 5 WR sets
4) no 3 WR sets to same side
5) no motioning
6) no hot routing
7) no audible from a run to a pass
8) no FB runs
9) no QB sneaks
10) no power lead option or whatever that is called
11) no running in front of LOS with qb
12) no throwing to flats on PA passes of any king (TEs, FBs, RBs)
13) no calling any money plays that still might exist despite above rules
14) no manual blitzing with SS (too easy to get sack)
15) all kick/punt returns with 90 or less speed guy (offensive guy see rule 1)
16) no using promises in recruiting
17) dynasty schedule made as hard as possible
18 added) no throwing to the RBs on routes where they run up the middle then break out (always open)

There are several more but I can't think of them off top of head. I just avoid doing them by instinct now.
Old 10-24-2008, 04:39 PM   #31
Pro

IXI DECAY IXI's Arena

OVR: 5

Sounds like a great ride so far... Hope your success continues although it sounds like you should have no trouble. Keep me updated on your seasons because i'm enjoying hearing about them...

P.S. LOVED THE FG VID!!!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-25-2008, 11:06 AM   #32
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXI DECAY IXI
Sounds like a great ride so far... Hope your success continues although it sounds like you should have no trouble. Keep me updated on your seasons because i'm enjoying hearing about them...

P.S. LOVED THE FG VID!!!
well thanks. update as requested is that my OD partner is now 3-1 and ranked #20 and is beating me out for recruits!!!! LOL, so coming off of a national championship year I can not recruit against a 4-star Notre Dame team.... LOVELY!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »