Home

2 games left for first NC

This is a discussion on 2 games left for first NC within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2008, 10:44 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 17
2 games left for first NC

So I am currently 11-0 and have my game to play at OSU left in season 3. This is where I stumbled in season 1 so I will really "gear up" for this game. It appears that I will then either play USC or WVU for the NC. Devine is a BEAST this year and put up 420 all purpose yards on my buddy using ND in our dynasty. Either way this should be a great finish and will hopefully be my first NC win for Michigan.

By the way, it sure is nice to have this game to play to watch Michigan win when I have to set through their performances every Saturday. A NC for the real Michigan team might not be coming for some time so I am really glad I have this game! LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2008, 01:11 PM   #2
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: 2 games left for first NC

Good luck! I have no shot in my 4th year of my dynasty but I should have a good shot at it next year. I'm sure I will lose at some point but my team should be one of the most talented, if not the most talented team in the country.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:33 PM   #3
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
Good luck! I have no shot in my 4th year of my dynasty but I should have a good shot at it next year. I'm sure I will lose at some point but my team should be one of the most talented, if not the most talented team in the country.
Well I freaking LOST to OSU over lunch time!!!!! It was a great game back and forth but in the end I could NOT get it done in Columbus yet again and lost 41-38. Pryor and company was too much for me to handle.

There were several huge plays in this game but I saved the biggest 2 to share. Here is the first one. I throw to my TE on a crossing route only to have him somehow miss the catch and the ball somehow floats almost 10 yards back into the FS's hands and he returns it all the way for a TD.

The second highlight is a critical bobbled catch made by the giant 6'6" Ohio State WR on 3rd and 10. This ultimately lead to the winning FG kick of the game.

Oh well... now I have to win my bowl game and regroup for season #4. My team should be better and I get OSU at home. My only room for major improvement is in the TE department. I simply haven't been able to land my #1 TE target in the past 3 years. Florida took him from me this year. I am going all out on the #1 TE next year if there is indeed a good one even in the class. If I had a super star TE I have to believe I could lock up a NC for sure. I might be able to win one next year though even without a super TE simply because my D should be better.
Old 10-20-2008, 01:59 PM   #4
MVP

therizing02's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
Well I freaking LOST to OSU over lunch time!!!!! It was a great game back and forth but in the end I could NOT get it done in Columbus yet again and lost 41-38. Pryor and company was too much for me to handle.

There were several huge plays in this game but I saved the biggest 2 to share. Here is the first one. I throw to my TE on a crossing route only to have him somehow miss the catch and the ball somehow floats almost 10 yards back into the FS's hands and he returns it all the way for a TD.

EA SPORTS World: NCAA Football 09 Video

The second highlight is a critical bobbled catch made by the giant 6'6" Ohio State WR on 3rd and 10. This ultimately lead to the winning FG kick of the game.

EA SPORTS World: NCAA Football 09 Video

Oh well... now I have to win my bowl game and regroup for season #4. My team should be better and I get OSU at home. My only room for major improvement is in the TE department. I simply haven't been able to land my #1 TE target in the past 3 years. Florida took him from me this year. I am going all out on the #1 TE next year if there is indeed a good one even in the class. If I had a super star TE I have to believe I could lock up a NC for sure. I might be able to win one next year though even without a super TE simply because my D should be better.
Yes!!! Go Bucks! The dominance continues. Nate Oliver (FS) is an All American in my online dynasty and Stoneburner (WR) is really good. Good luck in the Rose Bowl.

Last edited by therizing02; 10-20-2008 at 02:01 PM.
Old 10-20-2008, 02:03 PM   #5
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by therizing02
Yes!!! Go Bucks! The dominance continues. Good luck in the Rose Bowl.
Just like a true Buckeye to kick a guy when he's down... or choke him for that matter... LOL
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2008, 02:18 PM   #6
MVP

therizing02's Arena

Quote:
Just like a true Buckeye to kick a guy when he's down... or choke him for that matter... LOL
What was OSU's record in the dynasty? Are you still going to Pasadena?
Old 10-20-2008, 02:28 PM   #7
MVP

OSU moved to 10-2 with that win. I really thought I would beat them but they had the momentum and my QB has struggled to throw it to the correct colored jerseys all season. Hopefully my 2nd TE this year (true frosh will become my #1 TE next season) will step up and be a bigger impact player like Butler was for me in the past. Webb just never really got the job done for me when it counted. I need a TE that can make big plays when it counts and punish DBs in the open field. I have landed another 4-star TE who is huge (6-8) with adequate speed to be another solid TE. But I am still searching for that big time TE that can take over and dominate a tough game for me. I thought I was going to get him this year but he elected to go to Florida instead.

As for what bowl I go to, have to wait for my buddy to return home tomorrow and advance the season. I think OSU won the big 10 because one of those 2 losses was to out of conference USC.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:17 PM   #8
MVP

therizing02's Arena

Quote:
OSU moved to 10-2 with that win. I really thought I would beat them but they had the momentum and my QB has struggled to throw it to the correct colored jerseys all season. Hopefully my 2nd TE this year (true frosh will become my #1 TE next season) will step up and be a bigger impact player like Butler was for me in the past. Webb just never really got the job done for me when it counted. I need a TE that can make big plays when it counts and punish DBs in the open field. I have landed another 4-star TE who is huge (6-8) with adequate speed to be another solid TE. But I am still searching for that big time TE that can take over and dominate a tough game for me. I thought I was going to get him this year but he elected to go to Florida instead.

As for what bowl I go to, have to wait for my buddy to return home tomorrow and advance the season. I think OSU won the big 10 because one of those 2 losses was to out of conference USC.
Seriously, online dynasties are the best. I probably would have taken the game back if it wasn't for that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »