Home

Recruiting, losing minutes.

This is a discussion on Recruiting, losing minutes. within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 10-28-2008, 02:14 PM   #17
MVP

OVR: 17
Re: Recruiting, losing minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I used quick call in year one of my online dynasty. Didn't like the results. Now I only manual call. That is why losing minutes really agrivates me. The fact that I may have a board with 15-20 kids on it and I lose minutes everytime I talk to one of them it favors the quick call. The guy who uses quick call will get all 10 of his hours. The guy that manually calls may only really get 9 hours or so. That is a problem. I doubt that it will change in 2010 but I hope that it does.
IMO, its a pretty good equalizer since the quick call AI is far from the best. It will waste time unlocking pitches even after finding a handful of good ones as well as spend time trying to sway pitches. Plus I have never gotten more then 2 LARGE interest gains in one call where with manual I have gotten 5 on many occasions. IMO, they are very balanced now.
Old 10-31-2008, 03:54 PM   #18
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

As stated, it does round down. However you never actually lose minutes. "Under the hood" you actually have a number of "ticks." The minutes shown in the game are just a visual representation. You'll notice as you talk, the numbers go down in little chunks... each time is a "tick."

We round it down so that the time shown doesn't get out of whack with actual ticks... you would end up with like 30 minutes left but it will tell you that you are out of time to call someone.
Old 10-31-2008, 08:47 PM   #19
Pro

TrevJo's Arena

OVR: 10

Old 10-31-2008, 09:57 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 4

OMT,

Since you're reading this thread, let me ask you a related question. What determines the number of "ticks" it takes to get a pitch completed? Sometimes a Hard Sell will take one tick (which can be as short as 2 minutes) and other times just finding one pitch (manually) will take almost an hour. To me it's really frustrating because I'll get punished with losing a ton of time but there's no real guide as to what I did wrong. Any insight here would be appreciated. Thank you...
Old 11-01-2008, 11:57 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcooper47
OMT,

Since you're reading this thread, let me ask you a related question. What determines the number of "ticks" it takes to get a pitch completed? Sometimes a Hard Sell will take one tick (which can be as short as 2 minutes) and other times just finding one pitch (manually) will take almost an hour. To me it's really frustrating because I'll get punished with losing a ton of time but there's no real guide as to what I did wrong. Any insight here would be appreciated. Thank you...
Time to pitch = Random(variable)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2008, 03:55 PM   #22
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Adam, thanks for responding. I may not understand it all, but the fact that you took time out to post about it isn't lost on me. Thank you.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 11-01-2008, 06:19 PM   #23
Pro

OVR: 5

Has anyone noticed how pissed off the recruits are when you first call them. You'd think they would be happy to just have a school interested in them, even if it is not their first choice. Es
Old 11-05-2008, 01:41 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftball11
Has anyone noticed how pissed off the recruits are when you first call them. You'd think they would be happy to just have a school interested in them, even if it is not their first choice. Es
I don't think of it that way. I think of it as 'I've got 20 coaches calling me every week, what the hell do you want?'

2 star recruits, if you offer them a scholarship right away, will get a big smile and be happy every week. It's the bigshots who take more time to pal up to.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »