Home

Coaching Strategy vs Recruiting

This is a discussion on Coaching Strategy vs Recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2008, 03:05 AM   #1
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8
Coaching Strategy vs Recruiting

Just wondering if anyone knows...Does your team's coaching strategy determine what type of recruits will be interested in your program? For example, if you run a spread offense, will you attract more scrambling QBs, or Speed WRs and RBs?

If your offensive strategy is balanced like OSU, will you attract more Balanced and Power RBs? or will the Speed RBs/WRs and scrambling QBs still be attracted?

Thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2008, 10:16 AM   #2
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: Coaching Strategy vs Recruiting

Some say its true, some say its a myth. But based on my testing, i think its true in terms of which positions will show more interest in your team.

I moved the slider for Run/Pass all the way to Pass and all of a sudden I had a ton of WR's/QB's interested and no RB's. And vice versa.
Old 10-30-2008, 10:19 AM   #3
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucepoppi17
Some say its true, some say its a myth. But based on my testing, i think its true in terms of which positions will show more interest in your team.

I moved the slider for Run/Pass all the way to Pass and all of a sudden I had a ton of WR's/QB's interested and no RB's. And vice versa.
The run/pass sliders do impact player interest. I believe that was confirmed already by an EA dev on a podcast.

Whether the type of offense impacts interest is another story, but it does impact how many players are needed at each position.
Old 10-30-2008, 11:16 AM   #4
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

I will say this. You may get the recruit but you may not be able to keep them.

In my online dynasty we have a guy who is using Navy. He was able to land the 2nd or 3rd best WR in the recruiting class. Guy played as a freshmen. Had 126 catches for over 2000 yards and 20+ TD. In the off-season he transfered to WMU. It made no sense to any of us. I figured it was one of two things. The fact that Navy isn't in a major conference or his playbook and coaching philosophy was still the navy, run first, run second and run third. Nothing to prove this but I guess in the world of NCAA it would make sense.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:
Old 10-30-2008, 12:45 PM   #5
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
I will say this. You may get the recruit but you may not be able to keep them.

In my online dynasty we have a guy who is using Navy. He was able to land the 2nd or 3rd best WR in the recruiting class. Guy played as a freshmen. Had 126 catches for over 2000 yards and 20+ TD. In the off-season he transfered to WMU. It made no sense to any of us. I figured it was one of two things. The fact that Navy isn't in a major conference or his playbook and coaching philosophy was still the navy, run first, run second and run third. Nothing to prove this but I guess in the world of NCAA it would make sense.
I too am a run 1st, run 2nd and run 3rd type of player in my Army Dynasty and i've had quite a few WR's and QB's leave. Last year I had 2 of my JR WR's (low 80's) transfer. Now I have pretty much junk at the WR position.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2008, 02:30 PM   #6
Rookie

GetYaWeigtUp's Arena

OVR: 8

Thanks guys I just wanted to know how much of a difference it made. I see that playbook and style may not matter as much as the run/pass ratio they have. I'll keep an eye on this and do a few tests myself, thanks!
Old 10-30-2008, 11:26 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrews85
I too am a run 1st, run 2nd and run 3rd type of player in my Army Dynasty and i've had quite a few WR's and QB's leave. Last year I had 2 of my JR WR's (low 80's) transfer. Now I have pretty much junk at the WR position.
The military academies, in this game, should not have JRs transfering because by their JR Year they are locked into their military commitment. Also, players should not be leaving early for the pro draft and the academies don't redshirt their players.
Old 10-31-2008, 10:07 AM   #8
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by ftball11
The military academies, in this game, should not have JRs transfering because by their JR Year they are locked into their military commitment. Also, players should not be leaving early for the pro draft and the academies don't red shirt their players.
Yeah, when I started my dynasty with Army I was going to do the "No Red shirt" policy the have to make it a little more challenging, but the cpu automatically red shirts a player if he doesn't play a down during the previous year.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »