Home

Suggestion for next year: Walk-on Requests

This is a discussion on Suggestion for next year: Walk-on Requests within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-02-2008, 05:18 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 5
Re: Suggestion for next year: Walk-on Requests

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
not what im talking about dude. its not realistic to cut guys because you just over recruited by 10. i cant go down to ea and tell them to let me have 120 guys on my roster. im just talking about within the limitations of the game. each ncaa team can only have 25 schollys out per calender year. depending on when they sign or show to campus dictates what class they they count against. what im talking about is basically not being able to cut guys so things dont get watered down. i can sign 25 guys a year right now with only 70 spots. in three years i can recruit 75 guys. you could end up cutting 50 guys in a 5 year span. it's lame! and i pretty much think its cheese since its already so easy to recruit. i think this wold make recruiting tougher, more realistic and doesnt take away alot guys that you would cut from being on cpu teams that need them or could use them.
I agree, you should not have to cut a single player. I also agree there should be no limit on the number of scholarships you offer each year. However, until EA expands the roster, that won't happen. EA needs to, at least, expand the rosters to 85 players - since that is the real number of scholarship players each D-I program can have.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:46 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
i would like to see an option where you can only sign the amount of open roster spaces. so if you have 18 spots available you can target as many as you want but only sign 18.
I have to disagree with this idea, if I'm understanding it correctly. Those 18 spots opening up are for seniors graduating? If so, how do or can you plan for/anticipate players leaving early?

While I hate cutting players, I feel it necessary to recruit more than the obvious opening roster spots to fill in potentially opening spots, too. This is especially true for those Juniors and RS Sophomores I am certain will leave early.

Sure, you can go after the newly opened spots during the off-season, but I like to target those highly rated recruits and hopefully land them in-season.
Old 11-03-2008, 08:41 AM   #11

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel
I have to disagree with this idea, if I'm understanding it correctly. Those 18 spots opening up are for seniors graduating? If so, how do or can you plan for/anticipate players leaving early?

While I hate cutting players, I feel it necessary to recruit more than the obvious opening roster spots to fill in potentially opening spots, too. This is especially true for those Juniors and RS Sophomores I am certain will leave early.

Sure, you can go after the newly opened spots during the off-season, but I like to target those highly rated recruits and hopefully land them in-season.
Yeah I agree with you as well...You have to be able to recruit more prospects than openings you have because you're not going to be able to sign every player you target initially.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2008, 11:47 AM   #12
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by kestrel

well thats not the way it works. when a player leaves early it after the season and recruiting has already been done or close to it. we recruit this way in our online league and it doesnt affect your class at all. you still get 35 targets so you are recruiting them you just cant offer them a scholly until you have a spot for them. we had 3 top 10 recruiting classes and 7 in the top 25. the reason we didnt have more was because some teams only had 14 openings. they would sign all 4 stars maybe a 5 or two and some threes. the just didnt have the amount of players which lowerer there number. the thing is its already so easy to recruit you dont need to go after 25 every year and cut he ones you dont like. i can sign a four star in the offseason that i never even had on my list if no one has offered him. you get 35 targets no matter what. if you lose a guy to the pros you should have plenty on your list to fill the spot. might not be a blue chipper but you should of already got your studs. you would just need a body to fill the hole if needed. like i said i would like this to be an option. i think recruiting is so easy and us doing this in our league will keep us from being so much better than the cpu in 2 or 3 seasons.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:58 AM   #13
Return of the Blake

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

The game limits you to 70 players which is unrealistic but c'mon. Do we really need to have more than that? You would never use those guys. All it would do is let the user stack 4* prospects on the bench that would never see the field rather than letting them go to a cpu team that could actually use them.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:18 PM   #14
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudyjuly2
The game limits you to 70 players which is unrealistic but c'mon. Do we really need to have more than that? You would never use those guys. All it would do is let the user stack 4* prospects on the bench that would never see the field rather than letting them go to a cpu team that could actually use them.
not with the current rating system for players. the best freshmen come in at 88 overall. if guys didnt come in so good building for the future would be more important. as it is now, and with recruiting so easy there is no reason at all to have more than 50 or 60. to go to 80 which eas says they want to do if they can free up the space they need to make the ratings of the freshmen a little less powerful or atleast lower awarness more since that is what controls overall more than anything. still with 80 man rosters you would be able to recruit a 100 guys in 4 years. that is still 20 cut players. i like that we have 35 man boards, just dont allow us to recruit over the roster limit or atleast give us the option to do this. a hardcore mode feature for guys that dont like the ease and lack of challenge in building a team.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:28 PM   #15
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

im a scout so i no the importance of having 80 man rosters and then having your practice squad. this game is kinda on the lines with madden where you dont need alot of guys on your roster. college football needs all those guys but the game doesnt protray that. if they bring back academics and disipline it would help. if they raise the roster limit, two and three game injurys need to go up. i could care less if the rosters go up if they dont change anything else i agree it will be a waste and not needed. im just dont like playing a online dynasty where all the teams even after a 6-6 season are top 25 classes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2008, 01:54 PM   #16
Return of the Blake

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
im a scout so i no the importance of having 80 man rosters and then having your practice squad. this game is kinda on the lines with madden where you dont need alot of guys on your roster. college football needs all those guys but the game doesnt protray that.
Deep down 99% of us dont want recruiting and dynasty play to be overly realistic. The average fan of a smaller school knows that in time he can build a team up to be a great team in this game which is why it's fun. If the game was really realistic, most of the people that take these average teams would remain average forever. This is a situation where most people accept easier recruiting since it makes dynasties more fun and interesting. I think adding a recruiting difficulty option or slider would help people to find the level of recruiting difficulty they like. But other than that, EA has to make recruiting easier than reality to cater to our coaching egos.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »