Home

Great News...

This is a discussion on Great News... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 09:07 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 12
Great News...

I got this off of the Fox Business website, you can look it up, but this brought a huge smile to my face as they get what they deserve...

Listed as one of the biggest stock market losers of 2008 is Electronic Arts, and they plan to lay off more people. Hopefully those people include the NCAA and Madden 09 design teams.

This is what happens when you cater to the casual gamer and make games that aren't realistic...

Electronic Arts Inc. (ERTS: 22.78, -4.95, -17.85%)
The company posted wider-than-expected losses, and plans to lay off an additional 6% of the work force drove prices down. The shares ended the day down more than 17% closing at $22.90.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2008, 09:12 PM   #2
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Great News...

I don't see how people losing jobs or the fact we're looking at a major economic downturn is good news. Awesome priorities though.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:13 PM   #3
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

somebody warn OMT!!! Lol. He deserves to keep his job. Big time. How many other corporate guys will come to a public forum to listen to guys complaints?

Old 11-01-2008, 09:13 PM   #4
Release the Kirchen

auburntigersfan's Arena

OVR: 31

This may actually make our games worse. It also may very well get through to them and force them to make better games. You have to understand ea makes many games outside of their sports games and even some of their sports game are good. EA is a huge company.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:13 PM   #5
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

So you are happy that there may be even fewer resources to make the game better?

You do realize that they are losing revenue because the entire world is facing a credit crunch, right?

At the end of the day Madden will always have more resources than NCAA because it's a bigger driver of revenue, so franchises like NCAA will only thrive in a healthy Electronic Arts company.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-01-2008, 09:16 PM   #6
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
So you are happy that there may be even fewer resources to make the game better?

You do realize that they are losing revenue because the entire world is facing a credit crunch, right?

At the end of the day Madden will always have more resources than NCAA because it's a bigger driver of revenue, so franchises like NCAA will only thrive in a healthy Electronic Arts company.
Agreed. But maybe, and I mean MAYBE. They will keep the best guys on their team. 100 guys that agree on certain designs is a lot better than 200 that disagree on everything and have to find an in between to suit both sides

Old 11-01-2008, 10:45 PM   #7
Then..Now...Forever

countryboy's Arena

OVR: 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTodd84
I got this off of the Fox Business website, you can look it up, but this brought a huge smile to my face as they get what they deserve...

Listed as one of the biggest stock market losers of 2008 is Electronic Arts, and they plan to lay off more people. Hopefully those people include the NCAA and Madden 09 design teams.

This is what happens when you cater to the casual gamer and make games that aren't realistic...

Electronic Arts Inc. (ERTS: 22.78, -4.95, -17.85%)
The company posted wider-than-expected losses, and plans to lay off an additional 6% of the work force drove prices down. The shares ended the day down more than 17% closing at $22.90.

yeah the fact they cater to casual fans and not sim fans is the sole reason for EA taking a financial loss. Yeah, the piss poor economy has nothing to do with it

And the fact that you get excited that people are losing their jobs, with the economy as poor as it is, because you have some grudge against a video game proves that you are nothing more than an idiot.

I miss the old days of Operation Sports :(

Louisville Cardinals/St.Louis Cardinals
Old 11-01-2008, 10:54 PM   #8
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Locked. Already discussed, and EXTREMELY classless post.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »