Home

Did i cheese?

This is a discussion on Did i cheese? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-03-2008, 11:02 AM   #9
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Did i cheese?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WakeUnc2321
I'm from the no-excuse mentality so whether you run the same play over and over or never run the same play twice the whole game it doesn't matter...it's my defense's job to stop you. If I'm too stupid to figure out a way to stop your offense or a particular play, then I need to practice a better scheme.
Dude, I am totally with you on that. Yes, people cheese me all the time, but I never take offense. Do I get pissed? Sure, because I am like, "Laaaaaame", but I take it as a personal challenge to find a way to stop it, and once I do, they panic and the game gets away from them.
Old 11-03-2008, 11:26 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayeight
Dude, I am totally with you on that. Yes, people cheese me all the time, but I never take offense. Do I get pissed? Sure, because I am like, "Laaaaaame", but I take it as a personal challenge to find a way to stop it, and once I do, they panic and the game gets away from them.
if you play someone with average stick skills who can read a defense then cheesing 10000% breaks the game. the game becomes nothing more then taking crazy chances and stick skills and no longer resembles a football strategy game of any kind.

I personally am NOT a very good stick skillz guy, however if I cheesed I am 100% sure that I could beat every NON CHEESER out there except those with EXCEPTIONAL stick skillz where it would come down to playing a video game and not a football game. If you use the PA flats in combination with about 4 other concepts and mix those up, you can DICTATE what the other guy HAS to do to have any chance in stopping you. It then only comes down to your ability to read what you make him to and react and throw a few combination routes.

However, I do attest that a GREAT STICK SKILLER can take control of players in zone defenses and MANUALLY take huge chances and have a decent chance at stopping cheese. However, no scheme can stop cheese vs a player who can make basic reads on the defense. Basically, if you play a cheeser who can read the defense and react, you have ZERO chance of winning without MANUALLY creating turnovers.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:41 PM   #11
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
Basically, if you play a cheeser who can read the defense and react, you have ZERO chance of winning without MANUALLY creating turnovers.
I would have to respectfully disagree. I have played some very good cheesers, and yeah, they are tough. But I play as a DT, which allows me to get pressure vs. the pass, play the run, and take away their screen game. And I don't have to manually create turnovers. I make them make mistakes. And eventually, they all do.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2008, 01:19 PM   #12
MVP

Quote:
I would have to respectfully disagree. I have played some very good cheesers, and yeah, they are tough. But I play as a DT, which allows me to get pressure vs. the pass, play the run, and take away their screen game. And I don't have to manually create turnovers. I make them make mistakes. And eventually, they all do.
remember, i said a cheeser to can READ defenses. if you play DT ONLY and aren't manually taking control of LBs and CBs then you would have NO CHANCE of stopping me if we played head to head and I cheesed and you did not. If I cheese I can FORCE you to run certain things thus making my reads easier and easier.

I guess when I say a good cheeser I am more describing a player who can play legit (meaning read defenses, throw to WRs based on cover 2, 3, 4, etc...) and then throws in CHEESE plays to take advantage of things you do defensively and FORCE you to do stuff. For example, running PA TE flats will FORCE you to run a form of cover 2. If you are going to play DT and I am going to use PA flats, I will make you call all cover 2 or you will have zero chance. Then against cover 2 I can begin to run Post/hook combinations and other stuff to take advantage of your highly likely cover 2 defensive play call.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:21 PM   #13
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

Quote:
remember, i said a cheeser to can READ defenses. if you play DT ONLY and aren't manually taking control of LBs and CBs then you would have NO CHANCE of stopping me if we played head to head and I cheesed and you did not. If I cheese I can FORCE you to run certain things thus making my reads easier and easier.
I guess we will have to play and find out. I will let you cheese all you want, and we will see what happens. We can make it so that nothing is off limits, and see what's what.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:31 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
I guess we will have to play and find out. I will let you cheese all you want, and we will see what happens. We can make it so that nothing is off limits, and see what's what.
when you say nothing off limits.... are you going to cheese yourself? my point is that cheesing is impossible to stop with scheming, it can only be stopped with stick skills or countered with other cheesing. I am NOT claiming to be a superior player/cheeser then anyone else. LOL. Hell, i would have to actually practice some cheesing again since I have ruled all of it out for the past months with my house rules.
Old 11-03-2008, 01:38 PM   #15
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

Quote:
when you say nothing off limits.... are you going to cheese yourself? my point is that cheesing is impossible to stop with scheming, it can only be stopped with stick skills or countered with other cheesing. I am NOT claiming to be a superior player/cheeser then anyone else. LOL. Hell, i would have to actually practice some cheesing again since I have ruled all of it out for the past months with my house rules.
From what I see, cheesing is in the eye of the beholder. I don't think I cheese, but someone might still say "you run too much playaction" or something. Who knows. I think I play pretty straight.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2008, 02:13 PM   #16
MVP

Quote:
From what I see, cheesing is in the eye of the beholder. I don't think I cheese, but someone might still say "you run too much playaction" or something. Who knows. I think I play pretty straight.
well i don't want to make any more of this then I already have.... and I don't have a lot of human vs. human games so perhaps there is no such thing as cheese. however, from what i do know from playing my friends in this game the following are next to impossible to stop without a ton of luck or stick skills.

combination of following all of which include a fast QB (not necessary that he is fast but if he is it makes things much, much harder to stop)

PA passing with TE or FB/RB going to flats. This one with fast QB becomes really hard to stop without really opening yourself up to the post and crossing routes.

combo route out of SG of curl with flag over top and RB going up middle then out against combined with mobile QB. The best way to stop that that I know of is with LOTS of players in zone however against mobile QB its hard to do so.

putting fast WR in at TE or slot WR and running drags with fast HB hot routed to an out in opposite direction. Throw in a post route and fast QB for good measure and you have a real mess on your hands to defend.

Only point I am making is that when you take advantage of the individual CPU AI on the players it makes the OFFENSE have a massive advantage and hence the term "wide open game play" I guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »