Home

Did i cheese?

This is a discussion on Did i cheese? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 11-03-2008, 02:23 PM   #17
Rookie

trayeight's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Did i cheese?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
PA passing with TE or FB/RB going to flats. This one with fast QB becomes really hard to stop without really opening yourself up to the post and crossing routes.
That one is a b*tch to stop, I'll admit. I don't know, with fast QBs, I mix in just enough CB blitzes to force them into panicking and second-guessing when it's coming. I think the defense can do enough things to combat what the offense is doing. The only cheese I don't like is subbing in a CB at QB. But even that has it's drawbacks.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:46 PM   #18
Pro

Bucksfan7's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
why do you care what we all think?

i come from the mind set that if you even have to ask the question, then yes, you cheesed. if you even have to ask the question then in all likelihood you did it to a degree in your own mind or you wouldn't even bother asking.

at the end of the day the simple question that you should ask yourself is: "did I have fun in this OD?" if yes, who cares, if no, quit.

this has always been my experience with video gaming.
I asked because this dude wouldnt let it go. No i dont feel like i cheesed. i told you exactly how i played. and i did end up quitting that dynasty.

and i thought id make conversation.

Last edited by Bucksfan7; 11-03-2008 at 02:54 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:53 PM   #19
Pro

Bucksfan7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayeight
That one is a b*tch to stop, I'll admit. I don't know, with fast QBs, I mix in just enough CB blitzes to force them into panicking and second-guessing when it's coming. I think the defense can do enough things to combat what the offense is doing. The only cheese I don't like is subbing in a CB at QB. But even that has it's drawbacks.
I can stop the HB/FB in the flats, its that darn TE that gets me. With the HB/FB i usually control a safety or LB. And watch where the HB or FB goes then i follow him manually. Like the one guy said its a pain to stop if they have a fast QB, cause then they just scramble around and eventually i have to come off the guy so he doesnt rush for 20 yards on me. Then ofcourse he'll just dump it over the top of me as i rush in, lol.

As for guys putting CB's in at QB, i can usually stop that too. Cause more than likely they are running the ball. And once i see them do it once i start running dime packages to get my speed in there.
Old 11-03-2008, 03:37 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucksfan7
I can stop the HB/FB in the flats, its that darn TE that gets me. With the HB/FB i usually control a safety or LB. And watch where the HB or FB goes then i follow him manually. Like the one guy said its a pain to stop if they have a fast QB, cause then they just scramble around and eventually i have to come off the guy so he doesnt rush for 20 yards on me. Then ofcourse he'll just dump it over the top of me as i rush in, lol.

As for guys putting CB's in at QB, i can usually stop that too. Cause more than likely they are running the ball. And once i see them do it once i start running dime packages to get my speed in there.
while i am sure there is a theoretical stop for everything, I still think that if I practiced with no rules it would come down to the guy who gets stopped once loses. In my 6 online games that i played this year with people I didn't know (zero house rules) there was one single punt and I never personally went for it on 4th down in my own territory.

to make cheese nearly impossible to stop you just need to add one thing to most plays. Like in the case of PA FB/RB flats hot route the outside WR to a DRAG. Now try to take that LB and stop the flats, my QB running and the drag route.... becomes next to impossible if you ask me since the DEs are so darn predictable.

again, I don't think I am saying anything that hasn't been said before other then if you even think it might smell the least bit cheesy, consider it cheese and DON'T do it and you will find the game to be 100% more enjoyable. OFC the key is to play with a buddy who agrees on what is and isn't cheesy which I am lucky enough to have.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:02 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by trayeight
Um...Cover 2? I run 3-3-5 and if you have good Strong Safeties and run Cover 2 (especially the one where the CB's run the deep coverage and the FS plays spy you can dominate flat patterns. Watch our for deep posts though. Of course, I get gashed pretty good up the gut and on HB Power and junk like that. I play against some pretty skilled users (solid stick skills) and the flats aren't really a concern for me. User catching is SUPER frustrating though. However, it's forced me to be a much better manual pass defender on deep balls and such.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2008, 04:05 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcooper47
Um...Cover 2? I run 3-3-5 and if you have good Strong Safeties and run Cover 2 (especially the one where the CB's run the deep coverage and the FS plays spy you can dominate flat patterns. Watch our for deep posts though. Of course, I get gashed pretty good up the gut and on HB Power and junk like that. I play against some pretty skilled users (solid stick skills) and the flats aren't really a concern for me. User catching is SUPER frustrating though. However, it's forced me to be a much better manual pass defender on deep balls and such.
and that is my point exactly. cheese = forcing cover 2 and stick skillz. if you are a DT only player you have no freaking chance vs these tactics. Throw in a nice HB out hot route here and there coupled with TE in flats and fast QB and you have a high scoring ball game.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:46 PM   #23
Pro

Bucksfan7's Arena

Quote:
to make cheese nearly impossible to stop you just need to add one thing to most plays. Like in the case of PA FB/RB flats hot route the outside WR to a DRAG. Now try to take that LB and stop the flats, my QB running and the drag route.... becomes next to impossible if you ask me since the DEs are so darn predictable.

again, I don't think I am saying anything that hasn't been said before other then if you even think it might smell the least bit cheesy, consider it cheese and DON'T do it and you will find the game to be 100% more enjoyable. OFC the key is to play with a buddy who agrees on what is and isn't cheesy which I am lucky enough to have.
I agree. If you play someone who cheeses it does come down to whoever has the ball last wins, or whoever makes that one mistake loses.

One thing ive done when playing online is, if i have DEs that have any sort of speed. Ill hot route them into covering the HBs/FB out of the backfield. And it actually works. Especially when the other guy has no idea im doing it and he'll throw it expecting his HB/FB to be wide open and i usually swat it down. It makes him do something else. And i usually force him into playing a game he cant play, and i win in a landslide.

One thing i find funny is when i play someone online and they think im also playing cheesy, and they say "you're running the same plays over and over."(like this guy the other night in the NC said) in reality im not. I run no huddle, and hot route my WRs. Or i may run the same package but i RARELY ever run the same play even if it works. I dont wanna show guys my hand so to speak, if a play works ill come back to it later in the game when he's not expecting it. I actually use my playbook in the game. But because a guy might see the same package a few times he thinks you're cheesing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »