Home

Is this cheesing?

This is a discussion on Is this cheesing? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2008, 10:04 PM   #9
Rookie
 
s14curtis's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Apr 2005
Re: Is this cheesing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
or if you play with house rules like in my OD where no offensive player can have greater then 90 speed when recruited with no limits on defensive players.
That's the dumbest rule I've ever heard of. Just learn to play defense.
s14curtis is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 11:24 PM   #10
MVP
 
Young J 334's Arena
 
OVR: 16
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Alabama
Re: Is this cheesing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s14curtis
That's the dumbest rule I've ever heard of. Just learn to play defense.
You tell him to just play better defense but yet you wont play anybody that uses Florida
__________________
Young J 334
Madden Favs: Ravens, Saints, Eagles, Giants and the Cowboys



Young J 334 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 07:52 AM   #11
MVP
 
OVR: 17
Join Date: Aug 2002
Blog Entries: 1
Re: Is this cheesing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
But I said HUMAN opponents. The person that started the original thread said "I am in an online dynasty, and i played a guy that had a speedy QB" referencing it was a human opponent.

Against the CPU I only run man. Zone against the CPU on Heisman, even with great defenders, gives you Robo QB.

I just don't understand how or why you haven't traded this game in yet. The game isn't that much fun against the CPU to begin with. Then you handicap yourself with the House Rules that limits plays you can call, recruits, user skills, etc. etc. To each his own and I am not bashing you. Just trying to find out how that could be fun.

I have basically moved on from this game. Get my OD obligations finished and plug COD4 back in. All I know is that in one week we have COD 5. No one will be playing the EA titles once this comes out. Not to mention, Gears of War 2 is coming out.
I was talking about HUMAN vs. HUMAN in my OD. With the house rule of no speed over 90, it gives the HUMAN defense a HUGE edge on the HUMAN offense since you are faster across the board and man to man becomes a viable option again.
Keyser Soze is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2008, 04:45 PM   #12
Banned
 
heavy_hitter's Arena
 
OVR: 8
Join Date: Mar 2004
Re: Is this cheesing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyser Soze
I was talking about HUMAN vs. HUMAN in my OD. With the house rule of no speed over 90, it gives the HUMAN defense a HUGE edge on the HUMAN offense since you are faster across the board and man to man becomes a viable option again.
There is a problem with this house rule if you have 10 guys in a dynasty. It just won't work because of the number of CB's you need on your roster. If every team has 6 CB's on their roster then that is 6 CB recruits per team for a total of 60 CB's. You are then combining those CB recruits with who the CPU is recruiting. Do you really see this working in a BIG dynasty? Your dynasty is with you and one other person.
heavy_hitter is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 12:12 PM   #13
Rookie
 
OVR: 6
Join Date: Jul 2008
Re: Is this cheesing?

of course that is....Just dropping back with a fast QB and scrambling till someone is open is garbage! You just have to hope you can contain and you can get atleast 2 guys pressuring the QB. One on both sides...
__________________
Hit me up online...user ID T1TheMC...

NBA Live...I got this!
Ncaa 2010 you don't want it!
Madden ...lets get it!
WarrickNole is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 04:30 PM   #14
MVP
 
grismosw's Arena
 
OVR: 15
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Macomb, MI
Re: Is this cheesing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
There is a problem with this house rule if you have 10 guys in a dynasty. It just won't work because of the number of CB's you need on your roster. If every team has 6 CB's on their roster then that is 6 CB recruits per team for a total of 60 CB's. You are then combining those CB recruits with who the CPU is recruiting. Do you really see this working in a BIG dynasty? Your dynasty is with you and one other person.
I don't think you would normally recruit 6 CBs each year.
grismosw is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:13 AM.

Top -