Home

FCS or Create-a-School for 2010?

This is a discussion on FCS or Create-a-School for 2010? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2008, 09:21 AM   #9
MVP

deucepoppi17's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: FCS or Create-a-School for 2010?

FCS hands down! But i want the ability to get conference invites....wow, the ability to build a FCS school into a D-1 powerhouse would be unbelieveable.
Old 11-07-2008, 10:04 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 17

I would like all current game play issues and dynasty issues to be addressed so that the game worked as it should. Simply fix 2009 game and add nothing more would make for a GREAT game instead of the buggy mess that we will get for 2010.
Old 11-07-2008, 11:14 AM   #11
Timbers - Jags - Hokies

The GIGGAS's Arena

OVR: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by berad88
Maybe this is a dumb question but why would anybody want Create a school more than having FCS teams? If the game had the FCS teams in it then they would not need to be created.
I like creating teams with fictional backstories, and watching those teams in the big time, struggling against the Texases and USCs, and trying to become better teams.

I like being able to create teams in Alaska, create my soon-to-be alma mater that doesn't have a varsity football team, create whatever I feel like creating at that time. A big time college football team in NYC? Sure!

A tiny football team in Ontario? Great!

I also looooove the uniform editor. I think my life might be complete if we get CAS and separate jersey/helmet/pants. I could just make 3 jerseys, 2 or 3 pants and 2 helmets. Oh man, that'd be great.

Sorry, I'm just a nerd about this stuff. It's seriously the only reason I keep buying PS2 version. I like to create my fictional teams, give them all identities, and watch them (after I insert them into the Sun Belt) try to get better.

That isn't to say I don't want FCS. Because I do. But CAS is more important to me personally. I don't create the FCS teams.

Member: OS Uni Snob Assoc.
OS OT Post Champ '11

Twitter: @TheGIGGAS_OS
Xbox Live: TheGIGGAS
3DS: 1349-7755-3870
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2008, 12:47 PM   #12
Pro

Andrews85's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
Just curious what people would prefer for 2010... either FCS (football championship series... aka Div 1aa) OR bringing back the create-a-school option. So, what do you prefer?

Personally I want to see FCS teams make their triumphant return to the NCAA Football series. I know it sounds silly but I used to have a mandatory game against James Madison (JMU) every year. There was just something fun about playing FCS teams back on playstation 2. For 2010, all of the FCS stadiums could be generic, but regardless, FCS needs to be back for 2010.
Why not both.
AFL: Pittsburgh Power
NCAA: PITT Panthers

"If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler."
- Jack Lambert
Old 11-07-2008, 01:17 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
However, on last gen (ps2) FCS was a huge aspect of the game. The championship playoff series was a lot of fun as it gave a different option to the FBS bowl series. A lot is missing from next gen NCAA football without the inclusion of FCS teams.
On PS2 there were never playoffs though. THe last version to actually incude playoffs was 2001 on PS1. In the PS2 versions, the FCS teams were just there for you to schedule or replace FBS teams in dynasty mode.

Last edited by mercalnd; 11-07-2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:21 PM   #14
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

well if i remember correctly this was addressed by omt already. he said that they were talking about the create a school feature because adding all the fcs schools would be to much work. but he said they will allow you to download pics and everything you need to allow you to make real teams in the fcs and then we would be allowed to share these over live. so if you wanted to make the southland conf. for example you could download the teams that fans made and put up on live. now i dont know if they would allow us to actually have all the fcs schools or just be able to remove a team and replace. i do also remember the guy that makes playbooks saying his priority was to get the fcs and the tourney in the game and this might be the only way it would happen. alreadyknow, i would have to disagree with your comment also. this is a ncaa game so we should have the entire ncaa because no one else will be making a ncaa game. but i normally agree with you so dont feel bad. maybe omt will chime in on this but i rememeber him talking about using the tech that gta used to be able to do this.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:48 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 3

I like features as much as the next, and this create thing omt talked about seemed great, but lets focus on gameplay first and the online dynasty bugs that make this game teetering on the brink of greatness.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-07-2008, 02:13 PM   #16
Pro

Squeezee12's Arena

OVR: 14

I do not see why we couldnt have both.... But if it was on or the other... I would def want create a school.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »