Home

Your OD NOT advancing?

This is a discussion on Your OD NOT advancing? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-10-2008, 04:49 PM   #1
Pro

Bucksfan7's Arena

OVR: 5
Your OD NOT advancing?

Ive had this happen to me twice, where I(commish) advance my OD to the next week and it doesnt advance for the rest of them. The first time it didnt advance for just a couple people, but this latest time sounds like it didnt advance for anyone.

So after trying to fix it and my stats/record doubling once again i just retired the dynasty and uploaded it again. It seems to have fixed the doubling problem. But has anyone else had this issue of it not advancing for the other users in your league? Its very annoying.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-10-2008, 05:08 PM   #2
Rookie

LinebackerU_31's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Your OD NOT advancing?

tell the other members of your OD to just delete the file off of their hard drive and re-download the OD file. This should work. I have had this happen to me before in an OD that fixed it.

Old 11-10-2008, 05:09 PM   #3
Pro

Bucksfan7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinebackerU_31
tell the other members of your OD to just delete the file off of their hard drive and re-download the OD file. This should work. I have had this happen to me before in an OD that fixed it.
Ill keep that in mind for next time. Im sure itll happen again. I HAD to retire and re-upload it myself to fix the doubling issue. But ill definitely keep this in mind.
Old 11-12-2008, 04:02 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinebackerU_31
This works for my OD, too. I'd say every other week I have to go through this, but it's much better than having the commish kick us all out and reinvite us.

Another thing to consider is to NOT save the file for the dynasty...it's not necessary. You'll reload the file every time you visit the dynasty, but you'll never be out of date.
Old 11-12-2008, 07:34 PM   #5
Pro

Bucksfan7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gennataos
This works for my OD, too. I'd say every other week I have to go through this, but it's much better than having the commish kick us all out and reinvite us.

Another thing to consider is to NOT save the file for the dynasty...it's not necessary. You'll reload the file every time you visit the dynasty, but you'll never be out of date.
Ironically this just happened again. Some user was in the room while i tried to advance and its why it didnt advance for anyone. So im having people try this, it worked for one guy. Another guy just quit the dynasty altogether then i had to reinvite him. Hopefully just delete the file off their hard drive so i dont have to reinvite them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-12-2008, 08:05 PM   #6
Rookie

As someone already said, have everyone delete the file from their hard drive and download the file again. Also, if you want to avoid it happening repeatedly, tell your users to stop saving the file every week, and instead just download the file every time you visit the dynasty. It takes an extra minute to do every time you log on, but you don't have to worry about your dynasty messing up.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:09 PM   #7
Pro

Bucksfan7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderRatedCoast
As someone already said, have everyone delete the file from their hard drive and download the file again. Also, if you want to avoid it happening repeatedly, tell your users to stop saving the file every week, and instead just download the file every time you visit the dynasty. It takes an extra minute to do every time you log on, but you don't have to worry about your dynasty messing up.
Ill keep that in mind too. Ive been avoiding saving every time it prompts me too, other than saving after each advance. Ill let them know about this as well. Thanks.
Old 11-12-2008, 08:13 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucksfan7
Ill keep that in mind too. Ive been avoiding saving every time it prompts me too, other than saving after each advance. Ill let them know about this as well. Thanks.
No problem. We had this happen a couple of times in my OD as well, and we started switching commissioners to fix it before we discovered deleting the file. Then it just so happened that the one guy who never seemed to be stuck in the previous week stopped saving his game, and it took him a couple of tries for hiim to put 2 and 2 together.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »