Home

Gettin to the QB!!

This is a discussion on Gettin to the QB!! within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2008, 01:06 AM   #1
Hook 'Em Horns

St3fN_sTrApS's Arena

OVR: 18
Gettin to the QB!!

I figured out why I allow so many damn passing yards. It has nothin to do with gettin beat in coverage cuz I am solid when controlling the DB's. the problem is gettin pressure with my D Line. I run Texas pretty much always and they have a really good line (when I'm not controlling them ha ha) but I cannot get pressure with them if my life depended on it. Any advice on how to get more pressure on the QB using my D Line would be deeeeeeeply appreciated.

"Haters can make like bees with no stingers, and DROP DEAD!"
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2008, 01:32 AM   #2
MVP

OVR: 37
Re: Gettin to the QB!!

It's the primary gameplay issue we have been talking about for months. The OL/DL interaction is brutal and even after the patch there is NO pass rush. Fix this and 09 is a pretty solid game...
Old 12-02-2008, 02:24 AM   #3
Hook 'Em Horns

St3fN_sTrApS's Arena

OVR: 18

Yeah I couldn't agree any more. Thanks alot man.

"Haters can make like bees with no stingers, and DROP DEAD!"
Old 12-02-2008, 10:33 AM   #4
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
It's the primary gameplay issue we have been talking about for months. The OL/DL interaction is brutal and even after the patch there is NO pass rush. Fix this and 09 is a pretty solid game...
Once they fix the pass rush, then fixing the impact of the pass rush on QB's and the AI's reaction to pressure would be a must. IMO that is a far bigger issue than the rush itself.

Once you get a little pressure on the CPU QB, you're pretty much guaranteed to start getting too many INTs because they will start throwing right at your defenders and off their back foot.
Old 12-02-2008, 01:38 PM   #5
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Once they fix the pass rush, then fixing the impact of the pass rush on QB's and the AI's reaction to pressure would be a must. IMO that is a far bigger issue than the rush itself.

Once you get a little pressure on the CPU QB, you're pretty much guaranteed to start getting too many INTs because they will start throwing right at your defenders and off their back foot.
yea, you got it figured perfectly. the reason the pass rush is so bad is because i dont think they could fix the qb from not throwing a pick as soon as he feels a little pressure. i also think this is why we have what you guys call "robo QB" i just call it throwing to the open man but they made the qb get rid of the ball to fast. there is a weird semi fix. i you are heisman everything happens faster because the players seem to have little football logic which is much better than the no football logic on aa but if you put hum d awarness at 0 you will start to see sacks. i think our d break block is onlyon 70 also. its hard but we are getting realistic everything. i played my bowl game last night against USC and my best d end this year had 6 sacks. but he had 3 in the first 3 plays. then one later in the game. i get 3 to 5 sacks a game on avg. and yea still one or two will be on a screen or qb tucking and running but ill take em. our best hum sack guy was a de that had 12 and finished second for tdlineman of the year. also only three cpu qb's had a completion rate over 70. the thorpe winner was a hum with 8 ints but our hums threw a ton and that is why he had 8. the 2nd guy on the hum thorpe board had 5 ints so ints are down. there are fixes but you have to be really good to be able to handle the sliders. sucks but you could start with fistofrages sliders and go from there. also since lower the hum d awarness you can get off blocks. i dont switch guys on d and i play with the mlb and i had 127 tackles and 24 for loss, both lead the ncaa. before lowering to zero i would get 70 to 80 tackles a season.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2008, 02:33 PM   #6
Pro

Bucksfan7's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow

Yup, in my OD as Toledo. I was at the top in both sacks and INTs in the nation. I think all 4 of my starting DL had 6+ sacks, and 3 of my DBs had 6 INTs each.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:00 PM   #7
MVP

jbrew2411's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by utexas_fan
I figured out why I allow so many damn passing yards. It has nothin to do with gettin beat in coverage cuz I am solid when controlling the DB's. the problem is gettin pressure with my D Line. I run Texas pretty much always and they have a really good line (when I'm not controlling them ha ha) but I cannot get pressure with them if my life depended on it. Any advice on how to get more pressure on the QB using my D Line would be deeeeeeeply appreciated.
I get great pressure on the QB's on most plays. I play on A.A. with my pass rush slider at 100 and the cpu pass block at 0. Here is what I do in games. I play as a fast end and mix up my plays(Zone and Man with a blitz here and there at the right time). I never slide my line or anything like that. At the snap I start up field toward the tackle (He should be backing up to get into position) then right before I get to him I cut back toward the middle. With a fast end I can get by most tackles and will have a free run at the QB. Sometimes the CPU will pick this up and pull the guard over and this frees up my DT. I have only tried this with TCU but I have done well. I don't always get the sack but do get pressure and force over throws and bad throws. I have INT at 0 so I get some picks but not many. The CPU acc is at 60 because I have found that 55 is bad and 65 will pick me apart. I have lost 1 game in year one with that being against OU but it was close. I got good pressure on Bradford and he finished the game with 58% comp. and 275yds, 3TD's and 1Int. The only problem I have found by doing this is I give up on stopping the run to that side but I will take it if I can sack the QB and keep form getting ripped a new one in the passing game. Hughes of TCU has 11 sacks with 1 game left and is 6th in the nation. I go 2 deep on my line and have everyone with at least 1 sack. I have a LB with 6 sacks and the team leader with INT's is 7, but the next guy has only 3. I have gotten great games I feel and the stats or not that over board. I have not tried Heisman but will if my team gets better or if I take a job at a bigger school. I would like to know if someone else tries this or not. I have not found anyone willing to try. Basically all I'm doing is a stunt with my end. The d-line is programed to run forward and to me that is the problem so I thought about moving my guys around and not running right at a guy. Someone please try and let me know if this works are helps because it has helped me and have a new found love for the game.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:39 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 8
** HUM DEF AWR **

Am I reading this thread correctly?

Are some of you saying that a *lower* HUM DEF AWR will help my defense?

I will be able to get off blocks better if HUM DEF AWR is lower?

I would REALLY like to see my DL and LB get involved with tackles.

Does HUM DEF AWR have any effect on how well my guys cover passing routes?

This seems counter-intuitive ...

What is the opinion on this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »