Home

Questions on recruiting

This is a discussion on Questions on recruiting within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-02-2008, 09:38 PM   #1
Pro

OVR: 12
Questions on recruiting

I just started a Dynasty with Rice University and it's the first dynasty I've ever done. I just have a few questions about the timing of recruit visits. When do recruits start wanting to visit your school? So far I've only played one game and now one of the QBs I'm recruiting says he wants to come visit Rice. I scheduled him for a visit during week 5, when will my other recruits want to visit?

Also, when should I offer scholarships to the people I am recruiting? Should I do it during the first week? Once they recieve offers from another school?

One final question, when should recruits start commiting to my school? I noticed that while simming through the rest of the first week some recruits committed to schools. Most of the recruits I'm gong after are 2 or 3 stars with 1 4 star player who is interested in Rice for some reason.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-02-2008, 10:13 PM   #2
Rookie

ChiSox05's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Questions on recruiting

I offer scholarships right away but I don't know if that is correct but it works for me. Visits are tricky you want it against a rival or a ranked team. I usually try to get my visits between week 7 and 12 some recruits will want to commit a little earlier so if they are getting close i will get them in sooner bu if their interest isnt really high then a later week works better. If you notice the computer scheduling early visits it is definitely a good idea to schedule them earlier. Getting immediate commits doesn't always happen it just has to do with how interested the prospect is.

another word of advice would be right away to keep your list somewhat small at the beginning and really spend a lot of time getting those 12-15 recruits you really want. Then around week 5 start looking for guys who haven't been offered (even if they are not listed as interested in you) and offer them and often they will eventually commit. Using this method you can get a decent amount of 3 stars and maybe even a 4 star.
Old 12-02-2008, 10:52 PM   #3
Pro

Pielet's Arena

OVR: 12

Schedule visits on recruits versus what other teams are doing. IE If he's visiting schools late in the year, schedule him early and try to sign him before he even visits them.

When you schedule your games try to get a nice solid rival at home or a good ranked team at weeks 3-5 and 12-14 for the two visit cycles.

Offer scholarships the same way. There is a chance they will accept it immediately IF they view you as #1. Also use the stage the recruit is at as a guide (top 3/8/etc). Usually late in the year I will offer them immediately to get the influence bump that comes with them.
Old 12-03-2008, 01:34 PM   #4
Pro

OVR: 26

Recruitign....it's tricky i got a method as to were i just try and get those five to six 5 star players i want...then after that i work on everyone else

Old 12-03-2008, 03:13 PM   #5
MVP

InspectahDeck's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dianwei32
I just started a Dynasty with Rice University and it's the first dynasty I've ever done. I just have a few questions about the timing of recruit visits. When do recruits start wanting to visit your school? So far I've only played one game and now one of the QBs I'm recruiting says he wants to come visit Rice. I scheduled him for a visit during week 5, when will my other recruits want to visit?

Also, when should I offer scholarships to the people I am recruiting? Should I do it during the first week? Once they recieve offers from another school?

One final question, when should recruits start commiting to my school? I noticed that while simming through the rest of the first week some recruits committed to schools. Most of the recruits I'm gong after are 2 or 3 stars with 1 4 star player who is interested in Rice for some reason.
They will want to visit your school when you gain enough interest. Sometimes they are ready as soon as week one sometimes it takes a little longer. You can have as many recruits in for a visit on a set week as you want. So you can put them all on one week and hope you don't mess up ie take a loss. Or spread them out over your rival games or big games. I like to get them in early if possible but it doesn't always work out that way. I don't really like having recruits in for user vs user games in my OD's because you never know how those will go.

If you really want a top player or just someone you rate very highly I would say offer him the very first week. You will be able to go back as your season runs and as your board gets a little empty and see who hasn't got a offer yet and you can attack those players if you like there ratings and what they can do for you.

The recruits will commit at any point once you get your interet bar maxed out. Sometimes you will get some recruits to commit week 1 most of the time that isn't the case for me. Now you will have to recruit, recruit and recruit a little more. I like to push the players I want most the entire way unless I have a big lead and no future visit with another team. Do not let up once you get a soft verbal if another team is close to you and has a visit lined up the following week they can steal your player out from under you. I find it harder to steal from them but it can be done.

Once you build up your program at Rice you can recruit any player you want. You do not have to recruit a player who has interest in you going into the season. Now it will prolly be hard to gain 5 stars interest in going to Rice the first year or two. So look for those 4 and 3 star players who are really good players but don't have offers and go hard after them to build up your talent base.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »