Home

2008 vs 2009

This is a discussion on 2008 vs 2009 within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-03-2008, 08:13 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 20
2008 vs 2009

I like both...2008 I think had richer colors, and the colors of the schools were far better than they are in 2009. For example, Colorado has brilliant gold helmets...in 2008, this is correct. In 2009, the gold is about 2 to 3 shades too dark. Notre Dame's helmets should be a shde more golden in 2009, Baylor's helmets aren't golden enough in 2009...Florida State's are a shade too dark, as they should be a light gold, not a medium gold.

In 2008, Alabama's numbers don't disappear on the side of the helmet when the player moves. In 2009, they do.

I think the grass colors were richer in 2008 than they are in 2009, for example, Penn State has a brilliant green field with alternating shades. In 2009, that brilliant green is gone.
In 2008 there's a lighting feature that when your game starts at 5pm, it's dark when you finish. That's not the case in 2009. The field gets torn up in 2008, not the case in 2009.

In my opinion, 2009 has 2008 in only alternate uniforms and the fix of pride stickers, along with different visors, because in 2008, the only visors available are the dark.

There are a bunch of little things color wise that just bother me about 2009...the game itself is fine, but I think from a totality standpoint, 2008 looks and feels better...I know the option is smoother in 2008 than it is in 2009. In 2009, the QB takes a jab step towards the LOS which screws up the play completely. It p*sses me off to no end.

there are more, just wanted to get this off my chest.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »