Home

unintentional red-shirting?

This is a discussion on unintentional red-shirting? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-04-2008, 01:48 PM   #9
MVP

InspectahDeck's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: unintentional red-shirting?

How about red-shirting when you don't want to but are forced to by some type of glitch? I recruited a top rated recruit to Alabama he was a ATH and I decided to play him at CB. I was all ready to let him play the 3rd or 4th CB spot this past season to prep him for when Arenas leaves for the NFL. Well when I go to set my lineup after we advance through the offseason he is listed as a transfer who is not able to be placed in my lineup. He wasn't a Juco player so I have no idea what's up with it. All I hope is that he doesn't transfer from Alabama at the end of the year or something crazy like that because I would be hurting at CB then.
Old 12-04-2008, 02:44 PM   #10
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspectahDeck
How about red-shirting when you don't want to but are forced to by some type of glitch? I recruited a top rated recruit to Alabama he was a ATH and I decided to play him at CB. I was all ready to let him play the 3rd or 4th CB spot this past season to prep him for when Arenas leaves for the NFL. Well when I go to set my lineup after we advance through the offseason he is listed as a transfer who is not able to be placed in my lineup. He wasn't a Juco player so I have no idea what's up with it. All I hope is that he doesn't transfer from Alabama at the end of the year or something crazy like that because I would be hurting at CB then.
if you dont want to redshirt a guy he has to have a stat. its not really a glitch, but if a guy doesnt get a stat and has never been redshirted he will get one if you want it or not. ncaa has always been that way even on old gen. if you dont want a guy to redshirt all he needs is one stat.
Old 12-04-2008, 03:34 PM   #11
MVP

InspectahDeck's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
if you dont want to redshirt a guy he has to have a stat. its not really a glitch, but if a guy doesnt get a stat and has never been redshirted he will get one if you want it or not. ncaa has always been that way even on old gen. if you dont want a guy to redshirt all he needs is one stat.
Yeah but it won't allow me to put the player in the rotation. It gives you a prompt that says you can't play a transfer when he is a freshman recruit anytime I try to play him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-04-2008, 06:45 PM   #12
Rookie

ChiSox05's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
I think you misread what he said. he said that he recruited a kid and then when he was a freshmen he was listed as a transfer so he was not allowed to play him and therefore forced to redshirt him.
Old 12-04-2008, 08:21 PM   #13
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

I'll try to get this fixed for 2010.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:41 AM   #14
Pro

OVR: 5

the rules may have changed, but at one time the Redshirt was determined by the % of plays for a player up to, I think it was the fourth game of the season.

Example, if a guy was on special teams and only got in like 3 or 4 plays for the first two games of the season, then did not play any more that season, I think he was allowed to petition for a reshirt.

I know something to that effect is how medical redshirt works, but I think it applies to reshirts as well.

Probably not what is going on in the game, but if someone knows the rules on redshirting then they may know how it works in actual college football.
Old 12-05-2008, 09:48 AM   #15
KG
Welcome Back

KG's Arena

OVR: 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspectahDeck
I had the same thing happened. This guy just appeared on my depth chart and is a stud. I tried to move him into the rotation and it wouldn't let me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-06-2008, 08:39 AM   #16
MVP

bad_philanthropy's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMT
I'll try to get this fixed for 2010.
Might have to be careful with this one, because this is how cpu controlled teams' players get redshirted as well. If this changes I guess some kind of logic would have to be implemented for the cpu.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »