Home

NCAA 2010 should focus more on the defense...

This is a discussion on NCAA 2010 should focus more on the defense... within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-12-2008, 05:17 PM   #17
MVP

deadlyCane's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NCAA 2010 should focus more on the defense...

jake, you make some good points about EA handicapping the defense to create this wide open gameplay they tout. I always wondered why my linebackers ran so slow but I think you answered it. And yes, the other ratings need to be taken into account not just speed (I realize you're saying they don't even take speed ratings into account on defense). But I still want to see my idea implemented.

MLB: Toronto Blue Jays
NBA: Toronto Raptors
CFL: Toronto Argonauts
NFL: Miami Dolphins
NCAA Football: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Basketball: Miami Hurricanes
NCAA Baseball: Miami Hurricanes
Old 12-12-2008, 05:25 PM   #18
Banned

haze56's Arena

OVR: 4

Sacks and zone coverage are my only issues...I can usually shutdown the CPU's offense on heisman just by playing man.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:27 PM   #19
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

Youre not really comparing the nfl with college are you.. NFL scoring is completely different because or rules, clock, and the fact that all nfl players are pros who play for a living , no distractions like school etc... they dont have baylor, kansas st and and lesser schools on their sched..each team, even detroit, would beat the best college team .. don't be fooled by all this tv hype.. these KIDS are good against each other.. theyre not pros.

If the top 25 teams only played each other, youd see alot less blowouts and scoring would be lower..
Old 12-12-2008, 08:31 PM   #20
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

The defense doesnt react realistically as it should, thats mainly why users run high scores and blow out the cpu regularly..

Compare this to other games, APF2k8, even madden.. the defense is much better at reacting to whats happening on the field, this game watches until the ball is thrown.

by then its too late to stop the pass, all u can do is tackle..
Old 12-13-2008, 03:21 AM   #21
All Star

DonkeyJote's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpion11
Youre not really comparing the nfl with college are you.. NFL scoring is completely different because or rules, clock, and the fact that all nfl players are pros who play for a living , no distractions like school etc... they dont have baylor, kansas st and and lesser schools on their sched..each team, even detroit, would beat the best college team .. don't be fooled by all this tv hype.. these KIDS are good against each other.. theyre not pros.

If the top 25 teams only played each other, youd see alot less blowouts and scoring would be lower..
That last statement is untrue. Look at the part where I talked about the BCS title game. The average scoring in the 1 vs. 2 game is much higher than an avg NFL game.

I'm not saying offenses are better in college football. But they do dominate the game more than the pros. And it is because of all the reasons you stated. But the end result is more offense.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-13-2008, 03:56 AM   #22
MVP

OVR: 37

After four months of NCAA I switched back to Madden last week. I have played four games. These were the scores.

1. Cleveland 17- Pittsburgh 21
2. Baltimore 3- Cleveland 9
3. Cleveland 13- San Diego 14
4. Denver 3- Cleveland 31

In the Baltimore game I punted 13 TIMES! The most pass yards came against Pittsburgh (243 yards) but my avg pass yards were under 150. My highest rushing total was 78 yards versus Denver. GIVE ME NCAA OFFENSE OVER MADDEN DEFENSE ANY DAY!

Last edited by JAYMO76; 12-13-2008 at 03:57 AM. Reason: sp
Old 12-13-2008, 04:29 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYMO76
After four months of NCAA I switched back to Madden last week. I have played four games. These were the scores.

1. Cleveland 17- Pittsburgh 21
2. Baltimore 3- Cleveland 9
3. Cleveland 13- San Diego 14
4. Denver 3- Cleveland 31

In the Baltimore game I punted 13 TIMES! The most pass yards came against Pittsburgh (243 yards) but my avg pass yards were under 150. My highest rushing total was 78 yards versus Denver. GIVE ME NCAA OFFENSE OVER MADDEN DEFENSE ANY DAY!
??? So???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »