Home

Make Game Fun Again?

This is a discussion on Make Game Fun Again? within the NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)

Old 12-15-2008, 10:43 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: Make Game Fun Again?

Try to remeber it's just a game.
In previous years I took the game too seriously and picked at every little flaw. I used to spend weeks, perfecting the sliders. This in the spring of this year, I was cleaning basement of my mom's house and found a box with my my old nintendo and games. I played TECHO BOWL the entire weekend. I realized that this was MY favorite game of all time. Not because of the graphics, not because of the engine or features. I was the greatest because back then I didn't care about all that stuff. I didn't care about the 40yard drop back cheese. And its not a case of "ignorance is bliss" because I played POP warner since I was 6 yeard old. I knew football. It was my favorite because it was fun, not because it was real. EA sales pitch "If its in the game..." do you seriously believe this. This level of expectation have ruined the genre and the brand credibility. Go back to the basics and just played the game as a game, not a simulation. Just get yout $60 worth of entertainment out of it. ($60 is a cheap night out drinking!) And when it gets boring, move on the something else. Video games can't be your entire life!
Old 12-15-2008, 01:12 PM   #10
Rookie

kindella2's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starter
Try to remeber it's just a game.
In previous years I took the game too seriously and picked at every little flaw. I used to spend weeks, perfecting the sliders. This in the spring of this year, I was cleaning basement of my mom's house and found a box with my my old nintendo and games. I played TECHO BOWL the entire weekend. I realized that this was MY favorite game of all time. Not because of the graphics, not because of the engine or features. I was the greatest because back then I didn't care about all that stuff. I didn't care about the 40yard drop back cheese. And its not a case of "ignorance is bliss" because I played POP warner since I was 6 yeard old. I knew football. It was my favorite because it was fun, not because it was real. EA sales pitch "If its in the game..." do you seriously believe this. This level of expectation have ruined the genre and the brand credibility. Go back to the basics and just played the game as a game, not a simulation. Just get yout $60 worth of entertainment out of it. ($60 is a cheap night out drinking!) And when it gets boring, move on the something else. Video games can't be your entire life!
Very well put...i just wanna play all the time and hate that i dont have enought time to. I like to make the game exciting so outside of the OD i get a team that i wouldnt normally get and try to build them up. Enjoy it while you can and when it gets to be bothersome trade time!
Old 12-16-2008, 10:19 AM   #11
Banned

SW Iowa Guy's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MINATAURO
I here that. SW Iowa? me too.
Actually I'm in Central Iowa now (was SW when I registered here)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2008, 10:41 AM   #12
Pro

OVR: 5

This is a bit of a general statement but try new ways to play.

I usually get the sliders set and play a lot within the first few months after the game comes out, then it gets a little slow for me.

I switch to coach mode, my take on that is that it has less to do with my playing ability, and more on the players I recruit and the plays I call.

I really enjoy the recruiting part of the dynasty so I always do that, but I have some house rules. I usually recruit 15-18 players minimum, but I always bring in a least one player at each position. So for example Qb. I may bring in a guy who is 2 stars if I can't get a blue chip interested, but a few years into it it is fun to see if he develops as RS Jr. and competes against a higher rated newer recruit who hasn't had as many offseasons to gain ratings.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:48 AM   #13
Return of the Blake

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Switching playbooks and/or using Ask Corso can really add a new spark to the game. After a while you get sick of running the same plays so this can make it more interesting.
Old 12-16-2008, 10:54 AM   #14
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Every year I end up at this point and my remedy has always been to start my Coach Mode (sadly missing this year) or CPU/CPU dynasty.

This year I've been lucky enough to find a good online dynasty to keep my interest, but I'm still relying on CPU/CPU dynasty mode with myself only controlling recruiting, roster management, and coach strategies.

The lack of effective deep passing by the CPU hurts, but the short/mid passing and the running game in this year's version has been the best in recent memory on CPU/CPU.

If EA can bring back coach mode and improve CPU QB's leading WR's downfield and WR's aggressively going after deep passes, then I think next year would be the best coach mode NCAA ever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > NCAA Football »