Home

Notre Dame vs. USC

This is a discussion on Notre Dame vs. USC within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2008, 10:55 AM   #1
Rookie

dre1919's Arena

OVR: 2
Notre Dame vs. USC

I'm running a Dynasty where I am plying Notre Dame, my friends are playing OU and USC. Obviously, I am at a tremendous talent disadvantage when it comes to these other schools and playing head to head. I actually do alright against OU, but USC's insanely talented squad just eats me for lunch. I can handle their passing game for the most part, but their run game just kicks my ***. Specifically, Stefon Johnson. USC's run game up the middle isn't a big deal to stop, but man, the outside pitch is just deadly. The corner and perhaps safety that gets out to the edge usually either misses or has their tackle broken, leading to long gains for the running back. Is there any way to stop this with an under talented squad?

Sure, I understand Notre Dame's talent is severely lacking compared to USC's, but there has to be some good defenses that can shut down this speed advantage from a schematic sense right? I've been trying the 46, 5-2, some dime and 3-3-5 type defense just to...if nothing else...put some people out there in space. It contains it a bit, but nothing real well. Suggestions?

Thanks!
Andrew
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2008, 11:03 AM   #2
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Notre Dame vs. USC

ND is at no disadvantage.

1. They have very fast DB's on the default roster. They also have a lightening quick HB in Allen and one of the better power backs in the game in Aldridge.

2. They have great recruiting potential. They are elite in multiple categories.

If you can't win with ND, you are in trouble.

I'm in a dynasty with FSU, ND, Oregon, Cincy, Louisville, and we've had OSU, Miami, UCLA in there too. I'm Michigan STate. Its taken years to compete with ND and I'm still at a disadvantage.
Old 12-16-2008, 12:05 PM   #3
Rookie

dre1919's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
ND is at no disadvantage.

1. They have very fast DB's on the default roster. They also have a lightening quick HB in Allen and one of the better power backs in the game in Aldridge.

2. They have great recruiting potential. They are elite in multiple categories.

If you can't win with ND, you are in trouble.

I'm in a dynasty with FSU, ND, Oregon, Cincy, Louisville, and we've had OSU, Miami, UCLA in there too. I'm Michigan STate. Its taken years to compete with ND and I'm still at a disadvantage.
ND is definitely at a disadvantage to USC in the talent department, both in real life and in video games. To believe otherwise is just ignoring the truth. Now, that's not to say they cannot get to USC's level fairly quick (in video game terms). However, that's all beside the point. What I really need in this thread is defensive help stopping USC's run game. I may have very fast DB's, but those DB's tend to not have the ability to wrap up Johnson and McKnight on pitches and sweeps. So, unless McCarthy or Bruton come over on support it's all over because both are faster than my entire defense.

Defensive scheme help, please?

Thanks!
Andrew
Old 12-16-2008, 01:27 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by dre1919
ND is definitely at a disadvantage to USC in the talent department, both in real life and in video games. To believe otherwise is just ignoring the truth. Now, that's not to say they cannot get to USC's level fairly quick (in video game terms). However, that's all beside the point. What I really need in this thread is defensive help stopping USC's run game. I may have very fast DB's, but those DB's tend to not have the ability to wrap up Johnson and McKnight on pitches and sweeps. So, unless McCarthy or Bruton come over on support it's all over because both are faster than my entire defense.

Defensive scheme help, please?

Thanks!
Andrew
Run a Nickel Strong, slant towards the way you think thy may sweep and fill the inside gap with your LB. The Strong formation will use the CB with speed more like a LB.
Old 12-16-2008, 01:51 PM   #5
Rookie

dre1919's Arena

That's true...don't know why I didn't think of the DL slant. Hmm...thanks!
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »