Home

Packed Stadiums....

This is a discussion on Packed Stadiums.... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-15-2008, 02:26 PM   #1
All Star

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Packed Stadiums....

Ok so this is not a huge issue but i find it a bit annoying that the stadiums are packed for every team good or bad. I was Uconn playing at Temple, which they play at the Eagles stadium, and the stadium was to capacity. I remember in the old NCAA games that stadiums would be full, half full, or almost empty depending on where and who you play. I do like how the stadiums empty out when the score isnt even close but i think this is a small issue that could easily be fixed for 2010. not to mention that this effects HFA

Last edited by JayD; 12-15-2008 at 05:08 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2008, 02:30 PM   #2
Guns Up!

Solidice's Arena

OVR: 63
Re: Packed Stadiums....

when I play as lower teams, the stadiums are not full, but are still around 85-90% full.

Current Main Rotation: Destiny 2 (XB,PC), Division 2(XB) Baldur Gate 3(XB 4p Co-op run) HellDivers 2 (PC)
Games on the list to play: Too many to fit here
Old 12-15-2008, 02:32 PM   #3
All Star

JayD's Arena

Yeah i do notice that there are a few empty seats but not anywhere near what it should be. Uconn at Temple packed out, come on lol.
Old 12-15-2008, 03:07 PM   #4
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD
Ok so this is not a huge issue but i find it a bit annoying that the stadiums are packed for every team good or bad. I was Uconn playing at Temple, which they play at the Eagles stadium, and the stadium was to capacity. I remember in the old NCAA games that stadiums would be full, half full, or almost empty depending on where and who you play. I do like how the stadiums empty out when the score isnt even close but i think this is a small issue that could easily be fixed for 2010. not to mention that this effect HFA
Agreed 100%. My first dynasty was with Temple and I was highly annoyed. I believe this was perfect on NCAA 2004 or so.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:09 PM   #5
All Star

JayD's Arena

Oh and another small thing i noticed is when you get a BCS Conference invite and switch conferences you still have your old conference logo painted on the field, lol! Thats a bit annoying as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-15-2008, 05:41 PM   #6
MVP

jsquigg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Agreed 100%. My first dynasty was with Temple and I was highly annoyed. I believe this was perfect on NCAA 2004 or so.
This was pretty good in any of the last gen NCAA games after 2004 as well. What's frustrating with EA Sports games in general is that they strip features every time a new generation of consoles comes out and they slowly reiterate them as years go by. We still haven't gotten some features that have been a staple of the previous generation, and yet some lingering problems remain, like suspect A.I.
Old 12-15-2008, 09:22 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 5

What is real annoying is, although the stadiums are full, the average attendance numbers are much lower for "not so good teams". A team may have a 30,000 seat stadium, with it 80%-90% full on gameday or even 100% full, but the average attendance is only 10,000. The visuals and numbers don't add up.
Old 12-16-2008, 02:30 PM   #8
Pro

mjussawalla's Arena

OVR: 11

First, I agree 100% that the actual attendance numbers should match the people that are in the stadium.

I think the problem is that dynamic attendance is new for 09 so they only had time to put in a barebones model. I am hoping that this is fixed for 2010. Something like they have in 2K sports games with crowd close ups, fans walking in and out of their seats, leaving early, vendors, fans wearing real jerseys, poster/signs, etc. Of course, if the attendance to the game was 15,381 you should be able to count each one of them. (in theory)

Also, we can't really compare what was done last gen with the current systems. Back then, I think the crowd were just blocks of sprites standing up and waving. Now, each fan is a 3D model making things a bit more complex.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »