Home

QB running to sideline every play Cheese..

This is a discussion on QB running to sideline every play Cheese.. within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-13-2008, 02:09 PM   #1
MVP

InspectahDeck's Arena

OVR: 18
QB running to sideline every play Cheese..

Does anyone have a link to a post or another site that talks about why the QB running to the sideline every single play is cheese. I had a guy in my OD do this to me today and I told him to stop the cheese and he had no idea what I was talking about and is questioning me again. I know they won't believe me if I just say it's cheese because it is. So does anyone know where I can find info or posts or other sites so I can show this guy what's up.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-13-2008, 04:13 PM   #2
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: QB running to sideline every play Cheese..

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspectahDeck
Does anyone have a link to a post or another site that talks about why the QB running to the sideline every single play is cheese. I had a guy in my OD do this to me today and I told him to stop the cheese and he had no idea what I was talking about and is questioning me again. I know they won't believe me if I just say it's cheese because it is. So does anyone know where I can find info or posts or other sites so I can show this guy what's up.
man 3 deep in qtrs

Old 11-13-2008, 05:08 PM   #3
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

I have a hard time calling this cheese since EA has absolutely no idea how to develop a pocket.

Without a pocket, there is no QB protection scheme. Any play not involving a quick slant/drag/hook will require the user QB to roll outside of the tackles or drop back beyond 10 yards. Since it is universally accepted that dropping back 20 yards is cheese, that means the user is left rolling out of the pocket.

While some players take this to the extreme and run straight to the sidelines, there are also ways to stop this. If it's just a case of rolling out of the nonexistent pocket, then that can't be called cheese IMO.
Old 11-13-2008, 08:59 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 6

I'm a defender of people rolling out of the pocket, since I do it myself and know that the regular roll out is fairly easy to stop. What I'm not a defender of is when people stay in the pocket until the OL and DL lock up in the suck block animations, then they run to within one yard of the sideline and sit there until someone comes open, or they throw the ball away at the last second before they get sacked. That's when it crosses from video game football strategy to cheeze.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:28 PM   #5
Pro

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
I have a hard time calling this cheese since EA has absolutely no idea how to develop a pocket.

Without a pocket, there is no QB protection scheme. Any play not involving a quick slant/drag/hook will require the user QB to roll outside of the tackles or drop back beyond 10 yards. Since it is universally accepted that dropping back 20 yards is cheese, that means the user is left rolling out of the pocket.

While some players take this to the extreme and run straight to the sidelines, there are also ways to stop this. If it's just a case of rolling out of the nonexistent pocket, then that can't be called cheese IMO.
I agree, the pass blocking schemes in this game SUCK! The human controlled O-Lines have no clue how to pass block. However, the CPU O-Lines chop block and do all that fancy stuff. Human controlled teams are at an obvious disadvantage in this game, so I would say rolling out of the pocket is not cheese. It is unrealistic to think a team would take 8 to 12 sacks a game, without making some kind of an adjustment.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-24-2008, 10:39 PM   #6
Pro

blackscorpion11's Arena

OVR: 13

The roll to the sideline and pass thing IS cheese if it's done as a tactis or strategy... If you have a scrambling qb who runs for yardage or throws on the run from all parts of the field (without running back 20yds).. that to me would not be cheese.. depends on how theyre doing it.
Old 11-24-2008, 10:49 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackscorpion11
The roll to the sideline and pass thing IS cheese if it's done as a tactis or strategy... If you have a scrambling qb who runs for yardage or throws on the run from all parts of the field (without running back 20yds).. that to me would not be cheese.. depends on how theyre doing it.
Agreed... it's not cheese if you have a mobile QB and you spread your offense out. The only way I can go deep is by running out to the left or right. EA needs to fix the pocket protection so that your QB can actually sit back in the pocket and have time to read the defense.
Old 11-25-2008, 12:00 AM   #8
MVP

OVR: 20

^^Wait what, if the pocket was actually formed you would have less time to throw. No offense but if you have to roll out to throw deep passes your just not very good considering the pass rush is neutered this year giving the user plenty of time to throw.

Rolling out or running to the sidelines every play is cheese plain and simple. The reason being unlike real life the de's in the game don't get upfield to contain the qb.

College: Michigan Wolverines
NHL: Detroit Red Wings
NBA:Detroit Pistons
MLB: Detroit Tigers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »