Home

Complaints about "No Deep Ball" & "Interceptions"...

This is a discussion on Complaints about "No Deep Ball" & "Interceptions"... within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-31-2007, 12:29 PM   #1
Marvel's Finest

JBH3's Arena

OVR: 48
Complaints about "No Deep Ball" & "Interceptions"...

Can be equated to shotty play.

When I first picked up this game I was having problems w/ interceptions too.... BECAUSE I WAS FORCING MY PASSES.

PEOPLE...! If you don't force a pass then it won't be intercepted. If your man is man-covered downfield, and there is another defender playing zone in that same area don't force the pass. It would probably be picked in real-life and it will get picked in this game or at least deflected.

Don't lock on one receiver for every play. Go through your reads, and if there is nothing available scrammble for a gain or throw the ball away. Simple as that. If your QB can't scrammble then recruit one. If your rushing your throws than get a better O-Line.

AND IF YOU WANT TO THROW THE DEEP BALL TRY RUNNING FIRST. You can't just go out in the shotgun throw 30 yds downfield and expect for it to be complete for a big gain every time. You have to strategize, and you have to use what coaches use in real life.... THE PLAY-ACTION PASS.

This isn't an arcade game , it's a sim, so play it like one.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2007, 12:31 PM   #2
Farewell and 'ado

DocHolliday's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Complaints about "No Deep Ball" & "Interceptions"...

or......its just broken
Old 07-31-2007, 12:33 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1

Yes, I see it now. My routinely picking off anywhere from 2-6 passes per game is my "shotty" play. Thanks for your insight.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:33 PM   #4
MVP

thejake's Arena

OVR: 17

i think most people are having probs with the cpu throwing ints.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:36 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
Can be equated to shotty play.

When I first picked up this game I was having problems w/ interceptions too.... BECAUSE I WAS FORCING MY PASSES.

PEOPLE...! If you don't force a pass then it won't be intercepted. If your man is man-covered downfield, and there is another defender playing zone in that same area don't force the pass. It would probably be picked in real-life and it will get picked in this game or at least deflected.

Don't lock on one receiver for every play. Go through your reads, and if there is nothing available scrammble for a gain or throw the ball away. Simple as that. If your QB can't scrammble then recruit one. If your rushing your throws than get a better O-Line.

AND IF YOU WANT TO THROW THE DEEP BALL TRY RUNNING FIRST. You can't just go out in the shotgun throw 30 yds downfield and expect for it to be complete for a big gain every time. You have to strategize, and you have to use what coaches use in real life.... THE PLAY-ACTION PASS.

This isn't an arcade game , it's a sim, so play it like one.
Exactly right, I got one play action pass in my Buckeyes win over scUM last night that shows just how effective play action can be if you rush the ball a lot. Robiskie is so wide open there is no one around him. It's really cool.

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-31-2007, 12:37 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 11

Actually, most interception problems can be equated to the DB's and LB's ability to turn on dimes and jump 6 feet in the air and move 10 yards from side to side without any momentum.

And deep ball problems come mainly from the added difficulty to lobbing a good pass and, again, the superhuman DB AI.

But I guess I just suck, I mean clearly if you can avoid these problems then they don't exist.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:39 PM   #7
Banned

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejake
I don't see why people can't understand this.

The response to the interception problem is always either get better or play on Heisman. I'm playing on Heisman, and getting better isn't going to make the computer throw fewer interceptions.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:39 PM   #8
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by thejake
The problem is most people only want to talk about their own offense and don't consider the fact that others might actually be talking about defense.

To the op JBH3, most of the complaints regarding the deep ball and interceptions are regarding the CPU and NOT the user although I do think the deep ball is a bit too hard on default for the user offense. Don't assume people only complain about the offensive side of the ball - especially when you are going to wag your finger at them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »