Home

My Open Letter to A "Strategy" company

This is a discussion on My Open Letter to A "Strategy" company within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2008, 10:58 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 5
My Open Letter to A "Strategy" company

Ok guys, so I been seeing a couple of advertisments from a company VG Sports about their strategies for NCAA 09 (and even 08). I decided to buy the guide and it came with some pretty helpful stuff. Well in the guide it stated that If I had any question on strategies that I should contact them and gave a email and all that. I've recently decided to change my offense to more of a option/Flexbone/Power I attack and emailed them to get some tips

gotta reply this morning reading,"I'm sorry but we are no longer working on any NCAA products." Which really pissed me off. So I decided to reply with the letter below:

Sir, If you dont mind me asking, WHY?! NCAA is just as much as a viable franchise as Madden is? Why is your company more favorable to Madden than NCAA? Its not like alot of the players that buy your NCAA stuff stop playing NCAA after Madden comes out? In my honest opinion, sir. This is BULL****! Why dont you visit sites like www.NCAAStratagies.com , www.operationsports.com and even the EA messageboard for the NCAA franchise. And you'll see that everybody doenst JUST play madden that alot of us ballers ACTUALLY ENJOY the NCAA Franchise and wish you would put as much as you put into this game as you do into madden. True EA's football games can be compared to BMW's, the same sausage cut at diffent lengths but EA has noticed this and added somethings to the gameplay tha differentiate the franchises from one another. I truly, truly think you company should see this game and its fan for what it is and not just another primer for Madden as it has been in the past.

Thank you for your time and for listening,
K. George

I really would appreciate if you guys got behind me on this one as they are still developing strategy guides for madden and BOOKS on how to run the offense there. I hate when NCAA and us fans of the franchise get disrespected. I mean we all dont drop the game as soon as madden comes out. Thats all I got Im gonna place this on some other message boards too, and hope to get your support.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2008, 12:08 PM   #2
MVP

thelasthurtknee's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: My Open Letter to A "Strategy" company

Quote:
Originally Posted by CObra-la
Ok guys, so I been seeing a couple of advertisments from a company VG Sports about their strategies for NCAA 09 (and even 08). I decided to buy the guide and it came with some pretty helpful stuff. Well in the guide it stated that If I had any question on strategies that I should contact them and gave a email and all that. I've recently decided to change my offense to more of a option/Flexbone/Power I attack and emailed them to get some tips

gotta reply this morning reading,"I'm sorry but we are no longer working on any NCAA products." Which really pissed me off. So I decided to reply with the letter below:

Sir, If you dont mind me asking, WHY?! NCAA is just as much as a viable franchise as Madden is? Why is your company more favorable to Madden than NCAA? Its not like alot of the players that buy your NCAA stuff stop playing NCAA after Madden comes out? In my honest opinion, sir. This is BULL****! Why dont you visit sites like www.NCAAStratagies.com , www.operationsports.com and even the EA messageboard for the NCAA franchise. And you'll see that everybody doenst JUST play madden that alot of us ballers ACTUALLY ENJOY the NCAA Franchise and wish you would put as much as you put into this game as you do into madden. True EA's football games can be compared to BMW's, the same sausage cut at diffent lengths but EA has noticed this and added somethings to the gameplay tha differentiate the franchises from one another. I truly, truly think you company should see this game and its fan for what it is and not just another primer for Madden as it has been in the past.

Thank you for your time and for listening,
K. George

I really would appreciate if you guys got behind me on this one as they are still developing strategy guides for madden and BOOKS on how to run the offense there. I hate when NCAA and us fans of the franchise get disrespected. I mean we all dont drop the game as soon as madden comes out. Thats all I got Im gonna place this on some other message boards too, and hope to get your support.
if you bought it and part of what you bought was to be able to contact them for help they should honor that. as far as not doing anything for ncaa anymore it might just be buisness or a loss of a employee that focused on that or just cut backs. you cant fault them for that at this time. i would be a little ticked if i had payed for the help or if they come back next year and do another strategy guide for ncaa to make the fast cash.
Old 12-22-2008, 04:15 PM   #3
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelasthurtknee
if you bought it and part of what you bought was to be able to contact them for help they should honor that. as far as not doing anything for ncaa anymore it might just be buisness or a loss of a employee that focused on that or just cut backs. you cant fault them for that at this time. i would be a little ticked if i had payed for the help or if they come back next year and do another strategy guide for ncaa to make the fast cash.
Exactly they should honor that, as far as them losing a employee, the same guys that do the madden guides that their still coming up with new crap for...do the NCAA guides. Sorry to rant guys, but that just pissed me off.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:11 PM   #4
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

It takes a lot of time to do the guides that they do, so it would be difficult for them to give adequate attention to both NCAA and Madden unless they are getting enough NCAA traffic/customers to warrant hiring additional staff. You might consider purchasing some of their Madden stuff, since the games are similar enough that a lot of things would work for both games.
Old 12-22-2008, 06:26 PM   #5

Deegeezy's Arena

OVR: 15

Who actually does this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2008, 10:42 AM   #6
Pro

rhombic21's Arena

OVR: 9

VGSports
Old 12-23-2008, 12:12 PM   #7
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Not going to answer for them.

My opinion is that this game is CRAP. There is no reason to work on game strategies when the programming is as crappy as it is. Along with the poor programming comes the CPU AI which again is bullbleep. This game is the easiest to play in the history of the NCAA series.

If you need help with the flexbone offense, something is wrong. It may be the cheesiest and easiest offense on the game.

I urge you to put down crap products and pick up a game from a developer that is good. EA makes crap products and I won't buy another EA game until they fix their football series.

If you are looking to duplicate an option offense from the flex, it isn't going to happen. There are missing plays which won't allow you to duplicate the real offense. In fact, there are a lot of missing plays. You only get bits and pieces of the way the flex offense should be ran.

Again, the option offense is the easiest on the game to run out of all the styles of offense the game offers. I mean, all are easy because this game is garbage, but the flex is the easiest of all.
Old 12-23-2008, 09:15 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavy_hitter
Not going to answer for them.

My opinion is that this game is CRAP. There is no reason to work on game strategies when the programming is as crappy as it is. Along with the poor programming comes the CPU AI which again is bullbleep. This game is the easiest to play in the history of the NCAA series.

If you need help with the flexbone offense, something is wrong. It may be the cheesiest and easiest offense on the game.

I urge you to put down crap products and pick up a game from a developer that is good. EA makes crap products and I won't buy another EA game until they fix their football series.

If you are looking to duplicate an option offense from the flex, it isn't going to happen. There are missing plays which won't allow you to duplicate the real offense. In fact, there are a lot of missing plays. You only get bits and pieces of the way the flex offense should be ran.

Again, the option offense is the easiest on the game to run out of all the styles of offense the game offers. I mean, all are easy because this game is garbage, but the flex is the easiest of all.
You're totally missing the point...but whatever.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »