Home

Create-a-Prospect limited to 25?

This is a discussion on Create-a-Prospect limited to 25? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-22-2008, 03:46 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 3
Angry Create-a-Prospect limited to 25?

I just ran into this problem for the first time ever...

I am the Commish of a 5 team OD. We just completed our 2nd season, preparing to enter our 3rd. A few of the other coaches and myself read the thread about OD issues that begin to occur 5-7 seasons in. After the first season, we all lost players to the pros after talking them into staying.

After the second season, we all agreed I would take the dynasty offline, talk the players into staying, and also make prospects to help counteract the lack of O-line prospects that hinder CPU teams.

I was successful in talking some players into staying, however i soon realized the game only allows you to create 25 prospects per season. What gives with this? I actually to the time to document how many prospects there were at each position. Some, like C, G, and MLB are rediculous! If the Quality control team doesnt take the time to find a bug, there should at least be a way that we can manually alter/fix the problem ourselves!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-22-2008, 04:43 PM   #2
Rookie

ChiSox05's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: Create-a-Prospect limited to 25?

Yah I agree with the lack of prospects at C, G and MLB are atrocious, I mean I struggle in all my dynasties to get solid MLB's because there are so few and there arent enough to got to the lesser schools that I usually am. This is coupled with the absurd number of WRs and QBs just makes recruiting annoying sometimes. Also the fact that there are a lack of MLBs and that you can't move ayone to MLB on your team without taking a huge rating drop is so unbelievably annoying.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:03 PM   #3
All Star

OVR: 24

This is one of the weakest areas of the game in my opinion.
#1- instead of create a prospect. How about the option to just let us edit any prospect before pre season recruiting starts?

#2 i agree with the imbalance of positions- especially the OL. Also few things piss me off more than being a 5 or 6 star team and literally no one but 1 and 2 stars are interested in me at a position i have nothing but seniors at but the top 10 RBs would be thrilled to compete with my 1500 yard back for playing time.

#3 the drops for some positions switch are just silly. and the non drops for others is even dumber. You can easily move a WR to TE without penalty but moving TE to FB or vice versa is a huge speed drop. Does this even make sense? FB/TE are often interchangable. More are like these, especially on D.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:23 PM   #4
Rookie

ChiSox05's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
This is one of the weakest areas of the game in my opinion.
#1- instead of create a prospect. How about the option to just let us edit any prospect before pre season recruiting starts?

#2 i agree with the imbalance of positions- especially the OL. Also few things piss me off more than being a 5 or 6 star team and literally no one but 1 and 2 stars are interested in me at a position i have nothing but seniors at but the top 10 RBs would be thrilled to compete with my 1500 yard back for playing time.

#3 the drops for some positions switch are just silly. and the non drops for others is even dumber. You can easily move a WR to TE without penalty but moving TE to FB or vice versa is a huge speed drop. Does this even make sense? FB/TE are often interchangable. More are like these, especially on D.
Yah how about OLB to MLB, why is there that big of a drop. This happens all the time. Usually teams replace a leaving MLB with the best OLB from the previous year; Just look at Penn State.
Old 12-23-2008, 08:05 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiSox05
Yah how about OLB to MLB, why is there that big of a drop. This happens all the time. Usually teams replace a leaving MLB with the best OLB from the previous year; Just look at Penn State.
Well, in reality, MLB is a much tougher position to play than any other LB position. It's widely considered to be the "quarterback" of the defense. On most teams, the MLB position is not always the most talented LB, but is usually the most experienced.

I do agree that the ratings drop is absurd. I also question why my starting LT is ALWAYS my 2nd best TE!? It's pretty interesting to see a 6'8" 330lb guy rambling down the field!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-23-2008, 10:40 AM   #6
Rookie

Colorado Cooler's Arena

OVR: 2

It's been my impression that EA Sports attempts to mirror the Rivals recruiting data base in designing its prospect lists. This year Rivals increased the number of prospects rated 3-stars and above in several categories including inside linebacker. Lets hope that EA takes a cue from Rivals and makes a similar increase in positions that are under-represented in their game.

Unfortunately, the center position isn't one of the positions that Rivals bumped up. I've found that many centers are so weak in the EA data base that 2-star guards and tackles often turn out to be better center prospects over the long haul.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:21 PM   #7
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdawg497
I was successful in talking some players into staying, however i soon realized the game only allows you to create 25 prospects per season. What gives with this? I actually to the time to document how many prospects there were at each position. Some, like C, G, and MLB are rediculous! If the Quality control team doesnt take the time to find a bug, there should at least be a way that we can manually alter/fix the problem ourselves!
We can't have infinitely sized databases. Created prospects can live in the dynasty for 5 years... that adds up.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:24 PM   #8
OMT
MVP

OMT's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Cooler
It's been my impression that EA Sports attempts to mirror the Rivals recruiting data base in designing its prospect lists. This year Rivals increased the number of prospects rated 3-stars and above in several categories including inside linebacker. Lets hope that EA takes a cue from Rivals and makes a similar increase in positions that are under-represented in their game.

Unfortunately, the center position isn't one of the positions that Rivals bumped up. I've found that many centers are so weak in the EA data base that 2-star guards and tackles often turn out to be better center prospects over the long haul.
It has been a couple years since we adjusted the recruit pool. I have the same problems recruiting centers and MLBs, and want to get this fixed this year. I rarely recruit centers anymore... I just snatch up every guard and tackle I can and usually there is one I can move to center for a rating equal to the best natural center out there.

And does anyone bother recruiting kickers and punters? I find that I get walkons rated 75-80... a player I wouldn't have gotten if I signed that 62 two star kicker1

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »