Home

Stopping the User Catch (Strafe Catch)

This is a discussion on Stopping the User Catch (Strafe Catch) within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2008, 01:04 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Stopping the User Catch (Strafe Catch)

What is the best D Package to stop the user catch (stafe catch)? This guy just ran about 10 yard curls or outs and would somehow get my defenders to bit in, and then he would user catch (every damn time). Oh...I did beat him, but it could have easily gone his way!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2008, 01:14 PM   #2
MVP

Young J 334's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Stopping the User Catch (Strafe Catch)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitness_4
What is the best D Package to stop the user catch (stafe catch)? This guy just ran about 10 yard curls or outs and would somehow get my defenders to bit in, and then he would user catch (every damn time). Oh...I did beat him, but it could have easily gone his way!
thats a good question seeing to it that the curl route is practically the easiest passing route to run against these dumb defenses. in a zone the guy just stand shteir until the wr catches the ball and in man the cb will over-pursue and when the wr catches the ball he will attempt to tackle. you occasionally get a jumped route which usually results in 6 but 9/10 its an easy gain

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »