Home

Why Is It Impossible To Have A Passing Pocket

This is a discussion on Why Is It Impossible To Have A Passing Pocket within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-24-2008, 01:54 AM   #1
SKA
Rookie

SKA's Arena

OVR: 5
Why Is It Impossible To Have A Passing Pocket

Seriously, I just attempted simply dropping back and standing in the pocket, and in less than two seconds I was sacked nearly everytime. Why can't my people just build a freaking pocket without missing their blocks or going off in different random directions, aimlessly looking around for someone to block even though that person is coming in from all the way behind me or from right next to them.

The only way to get a decent pass off is by having a fast quarterback, who most run away from everybody right away because he is going to get sacked if he even attempts to act like a regular quarterback. The second way to do it with a pocket passer is being forced to throw off your backfoot everytime because you have to constantly drop back and back and back, waiting for your players to get open, while the defensive line has already broken through your teams poorly built offensive wall and is coming at you full speed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2008, 02:01 AM   #2
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Why Is It Impossible To Have A Passing Pocket

It is possible to get a realistic amount of time in the "pocket", but the routes will never develop quick enough.

The problem is still that no pocket is actually formed. You'll just end up with a sprawling mess of players around the center and defensive ends running right around your useless tackles while your guards fail to impede any progress once they are done attempting to chop block everyone.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:00 AM   #3
Banned

heavy_hitter's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKA
Seriously, I just attempted simply dropping back and standing in the pocket, and in less than two seconds I was sacked nearly everytime. Why can't my people just build a freaking pocket without missing their blocks or going off in different random directions, aimlessly looking around for someone to block even though that person is coming in from all the way behind me or from right next to them.

The only way to get a decent pass off is by having a fast quarterback, who most run away from everybody right away because he is going to get sacked if he even attempts to act like a regular quarterback. The second way to do it with a pocket passer is being forced to throw off your backfoot everytime because you have to constantly drop back and back and back, waiting for your players to get open, while the defensive line has already broken through your teams poorly built offensive wall and is coming at you full speed.
This post has to be a joke. There is no pass rush at all on this game. You can stand in the pocket forever and a day. rollseyes. This has been one of the biggest complaints about this game is that the QB has too much time to throw the ball. Sounds to me like you just aren't very good at throwing the pill. If you have to have a fast QB to get outside and throw the ball then, you just aren't very good.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:26 AM   #4
Rookie

jms493's Arena

OVR: 12

I agree that there is no pass rush but there is no pocket either........just a bunch of goons in a bunch suction blocking.

Thats why most people roll a little to the right or left depending on which side of the field they are throwing.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:39 AM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms493
I agree that there is no pass rush but there is no pocket either........just a bunch of goons in a bunch suction blocking.

Thats why most people roll a little to the right or left depending on which side of the field they are throwing.
I think the rolling out is because we don't have a classic camera angle any more. Is there a way to look left or right? They need to implement a vision cone type thing that would allow you to look to certain areas of the field.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-24-2008, 11:43 AM   #6
Rookie

jms493's Arena

OVR: 12

Are you saying you cant see the whole field when passing??

When I play I can see all my receivers.......check the video...this is direct from gameplay...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_I2nFpZ3FCk
click on HD version
Old 12-24-2008, 11:51 AM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Alot of times my Camera is more zoomed in than that, are you guys doing anything pre-snap?
Old 12-24-2008, 12:00 PM   #8
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Alot of times my Camera is more zoomed in than that, are you guys doing anything pre-snap?
I think you have to bring up the passing icons pre-snap with the hot route screen and then snap the ball to get that kind of widescreen view post-snap.

I do it by accident sometimes, but never on purpose.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »