Home

NCAA FB 09 (PS3) Questions

This is a discussion on NCAA FB 09 (PS3) Questions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-27-2008, 10:24 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Question NCAA FB 09 (PS3) Questions

Hi,

New subscriber here. New to PS3, but not to the EA NCAA Football titles. Started playing the 09 version for PS3 recently and a few things have cropped up that I need answers to. I apologize if these have been addressed in other threads ... I was not able to locate them if they were.

1) I seem to have players lining up at positions in certain formations and I don't understand why. As an example, playing as Wisconsin, in the Ace:Big formation, Lance Kendricks (WR) is always lined up at HB, even though PJ Hill is the #1 HB, and Kendricks shows up no where in the HB Depth Chart. Similarly, my 2nd striing QB is the QB in several formations rather than my #1. In previous versions I played on PS2 you could control the personel on every formation. I assumed that is where the issue is in 09, but I can't seem to find anyplace where you can maintain the individual assignments on a formation by formation basis. Anyone know why I might be having this issue, and how I resolve it?

2) Can anyone recommend the correct length of quarters playing vs. CPU to get the proper number of plays, on average, for a typical college football game.

3) Can anyone point me to a good tutorial for playing defense in this version? I have become relegated to simply playing FS in zone coverage and letting the CPU play defense for me. I used to be a pretty decent defensive player in previous versions, but the CPU is schooling me, and I'm not quite sure what I am doing wrong. I have found tutorials like this helpful in the past.

4) Is it just me, or are the drive summary numbers wrong when a team scores via FG? It seems to me like its adding the length of the FG to the total yards in the drive. I believe I have the most current patch so i assume this is unfixable, but if not, could someone let me know how I can get this corrected. Its really annoying.

Any help anyone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Great site by the way!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-27-2008, 12:58 PM   #2
Banned

bostonsportsrule's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NCAA FB 09 (PS3) Questions

I can't help with 1 or 3, but I play 7 minute quarters, and I end up with on average, 70-75 plays a game.

You will have to live with it adding the field goal yardage to drives. Nothing can be done about it until 2010 if they address it.
Old 12-28-2008, 12:17 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 6

I feel totally helpless on defense in both Madden and NCAA this year. At least in NCAA I can get through the line every once in a while. But yeah, for the most part I let the AI play for me.
Old 12-28-2008, 01:34 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave2554
1) I seem to have players lining up at positions in certain formations and I don't understand why. As an example, playing as Wisconsin, in the Ace:Big formation, Lance Kendricks (WR) is always lined up at HB, even though PJ Hill is the #1 HB, and Kendricks shows up no where in the HB Depth Chart. Similarly, my 2nd striing QB is the QB in several formations rather than my #1. In previous versions I played on PS2 you could control the personel on every formation. I assumed that is where the issue is in 09, but I can't seem to find anyplace where you can maintain the individual assignments on a formation by formation basis. Anyone know why I might be having this issue, and how I resolve it?
You might have inadvertently flicked the right stick left or right when choosing your play. This allows you to swap players in your formation (e.g., putting a WR at HB). The control can be a little touchy, though (I've found that sometimes I have to flick the stick three or four times to affect a change, other times, the change happens with one flick).

Also, this change will hold until you change it again from one play to the next, even into your next possession; in other words, it never returns to a default "package" automatically.

Last edited by kestrel; 12-28-2008 at 01:37 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »