Home

Interesting revelation regarding AI interceptions

This is a discussion on Interesting revelation regarding AI interceptions within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-30-2008, 10:18 PM   #25
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34
Re: Interesting revelation regarding AI interceptions

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
Game 2 with me picking defensive plays:

USC QB Mark Sanchez: 19/30, 158 Yds, TD

The CPU passing looked good, but not overpowering. My team dropped about 3 INTs during the game even with HUM AWR and INT at 50. Still not enough passes downfield, but I still haven't found anything that makes the CPU go deep more than 3-4 times per game.

I'm going to combine your sliders with some old offline sliders I used to play with when I only controlled linemen on defense to cut down on interceptions. I need a break from CPU/CPU for a while and my OD is in the offseason so it's the perfect time to actually play some offline dynasty games again.
What was the score?

I just played a game against ND @ MSU and lost 17-14. It was a good game.

I had 1 pick, I actually upped AI Knockdown to 100 and lowered CPU QB Accuracy to 50, but I still had Human INT @ 0.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2008, 10:24 PM   #26
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
What was the score?

I just played a game against ND @ MSU and lost 17-14. It was a good game.

I had 1 pick, I actually upped AI Knockdown to 100 and lowered CPU QB Accuracy to 50, but I still had Human INT @ 0.
USC won 26-3. I played on the same original sliders and the same problems plagued Ohio State. 4 INTs and a fumble lost. I think some of it is related to Terrelle Pryor being a freshman on the road in USC because he was "rattled" the whole game, but only 2 of the 4 INT were bad throws this game.

I'm going to bring CPU AWR and INT down a bit and hope the defensive warping stops, plus help the running offense for both HUM and CPU. The only reason I can't use these right now is that the sim engine produces ridiculous offensive numbers and these sliders would never produce that kind of output for either team.

Good find though and even though I can't say for 100% sure that this is the reason, I'll keep HUM QBA at 50 from here on.
Old 12-30-2008, 10:52 PM   #27
All Star

OVR: 24

I am going to try the QBA at 50 as it appears to be working for you guys. What i would like some suggestions on- i would like inside running to stay they same but would like outside running to be tougher for the guys in my dynasty. Would you suggest raising CPU TAK and lower Hum RBA and raise Hum RB? The CPU D awr is already maxed.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:47 PM   #28
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
I am going to try the QBA at 50 as it appears to be working for you guys. What i would like some suggestions on- i would like inside running to stay they same but would like outside running to be tougher for the guys in my dynasty. Would you suggest raising CPU TAK and lower Hum RBA and raise Hum RB? The CPU D awr is already maxed.
You pretty much covered it. Lower HUM RBA enough to get rid of the speed gap when using the sprint button, then raise HUM RBK and CPU TAK. Just watch out for the fumbleitis if you make too large of a gap between HUM RBA and CPU TKL.
Old 12-30-2008, 11:54 PM   #29
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

And after a brief glimmer of hope this game has reminded me why it's so terrible.

Using the same Ohio State team, I start a new dynasty and play FCS East. The final score is 55-6 which was to be expected, but FCS East QB goes 23/36 for 232 yards while USC QB Mark Sanchez couldn't crack the 200 yard mark.

I even had CPU QBA down to 70, so the only thing I can think of is that the offline sliders are really different in the passing game than the online ones. My 2nd team didn't come in until late in the 3rd quarter and actually did a better job against the pass than the first team somehow.

Anyways, here are the CPU QB stats:

FCS East QB: 23/36, 232 Yds, 3 Int
Old 12-30-2008, 11:56 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkrause1971
To limit the outside running you have to lower human RBA. One thing I can't fix is that speed rules in this game so if you have 99 speed HB's, forget about it.

Here is a sliding scale that I would use.....
93 speed HBs RBA 45
94 40
95 35
96 30
97 25
98 20
99 15

For my off-line I have recruiting rules.
No A+ speed players can be recruited on offense.
No position changing WR's to TE's.
Only 1 A speed player on offense per draft class.
Must recruit by need 1st so if you need a FB, you have to recruit one at the top of your board and use a schollie on him.
Can only have seniors leaving + 3 on draft board at any given time. So 12 graduating seniors means 15 guys on your board max.
Must recruit guys that have you in their top 10 at the beginning for positions of need.
Must recruit the highest rated player 1st. So if there is a 4* B+ speed WR and a lower rated A speed WR available, you must recruit the B+ speed guy.
Must start Highest rated players.

I know many people won't like those rules, but it keeps the AI in the dynasty longer and hey its fun for me and thats all that counts.
Old 12-31-2008, 10:06 AM   #31
Hall Of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
And after a brief glimmer of hope this game has reminded me why it's so terrible.

Using the same Ohio State team, I start a new dynasty and play FCS East. The final score is 55-6 which was to be expected, but FCS East QB goes 23/36 for 232 yards while USC QB Mark Sanchez couldn't crack the 200 yard mark.

I even had CPU QBA down to 70, so the only thing I can think of is that the offline sliders are really different in the passing game than the online ones. My 2nd team didn't come in until late in the 3rd quarter and actually did a better job against the pass than the first team somehow.

Anyways, here are the CPU QB stats:

FCS East QB: 23/36, 232 Yds, 3 Int
I don't think those stats are out of line at all. It just seems out of sorts compared to Sanchez's numbers, but USC was beating you by 3TD's +, they may have gone to the running game more.

Anyway, you can lower the AI QB Acc down to 50 and they still won't throw picks with Int Human Int at 0. So next go around, I'm going to lower the AI WR catch and Human catch to 0.

These sliders will not work in an all out dynasty though. You'll be able to run like a mad man all over the AI. These work best with 90 to 93 rated speed guys at the skill positions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2008, 11:33 AM   #32
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I don't think those stats are out of line at all. It just seems out of sorts compared to Sanchez's numbers, but USC was beating you by 3TD's +, they may have gone to the running game more.

Anyway, you can lower the AI QB Acc down to 50 and they still won't throw picks with Int Human Int at 0. So next go around, I'm going to lower the AI WR catch and Human catch to 0.

These sliders will not work in an all out dynasty though. You'll be able to run like a mad man all over the AI. These work best with 90 to 93 rated speed guys at the skill positions.
You misunderstood me. The problem is that there is not enough of a gap in completion percentages and passing efficiency between QB's with ratings differences. The only thing that changes is the number of INTs. Whether it is Mark Sanchez or FCS East QB, they are likely to throw for ~65% if you allow the CPU to control the secondary. It's a small price to pay I guess, so I can deal with it.

I've been playing an Ohio St dynasty with new offline sliders and I'm loving the results so far. So far we're 3-1 with the only loss coming at USC. The USC game was tied with 30 seconds remaining and USC had the ball on our 40 yard line. They completed a pass to their TE McCoy who got stripped and we returned the fumble down to the USC 25 with 11 seconds remaining. Thought I'd win.... then the booth challenges the fumble and reverses it even though his knee was nowhere near being down. The next play, McKnight trucks Laurinaitis and houses it 30 yards for the win. Ouch!

Either way, I'm liking the stats and will probably use these sliders with Ask Corso and DT control for a year in my offline dynasties every now and then.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »