Home

Whats the best Ncaa Football game ever for original Xbox?

This is a discussion on Whats the best Ncaa Football game ever for original Xbox? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2009, 03:10 PM   #33
Banned

OVR: 14
Re: Whats the best Ncaa Football game ever for original Xbox?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
Man I don't see how someone can play 15-minute quarters. USC is on pace for 56 rushing attempts and 66 pass attempts! I would go crazy.

Plus you have seven sacks at the half!? Potentially 14 sacks against USC? Yowza!
I recorded some action during the 3rd and 4th quarter. Should I upload an mp4 or two to megaupload for you guys to check out? Only problem is it's greyscale? It's S-Video clarity, only not in color. (still looks pretty good) USC comes out with a purpose in the 3rd quarter. (just like they came out in the 1st quarter)
Old 01-08-2009, 03:19 PM   #34
Banned

A lot of the reason why I had so much success against USC in the first half was because I had the momentum for the entire half. On their opening drive, as I said, USC had a dropped TD pass on 4th and 1 inside the 10. (which i was surprised Carroll did not go for a FG to get on the board)

But they missed the 4th down, and I got the ball on downs. Giving me momentum. A well placed out to Norwood for 30 yards, then a perfectly timed screen pass to Royster during a USC blitz up the middle gave me a 7-0 lead. And with momentum, I started simply getting 3 and outs.

Stat of the half: Punting. I punted 8 times, and USC punted 12 times. I was playing field position, (which was why it was so low scoring) and not risking it. This game can be a lot of fun if you are patient early.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:37 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU_DW2
A lot of the reason why I had so much success against USC in the first half was because I had the momentum for the entire half. On their opening drive, as I said, USC had a dropped TD pass on 4th and 1 inside the 10. (which i was surprised Carroll did not go for a FG to get on the board)

But they missed the 4th down, and I got the ball on downs. Giving me momentum. A well placed out to Norwood for 30 yards, then a perfectly timed screen pass to Royster during a USC blitz up the middle gave me a 7-0 lead. And with momentum, I started simply getting 3 and outs.

Stat of the half: Punting. I punted 8 times, and USC punted 12 times. I was playing field position, (which was why it was so low scoring) and not risking it. This game can be a lot of fun if you are patient early.
Your stats are projected at over 200 plays and 40 punts. Even if I cranked up the sliders all the way, If USC punted to me 24 times, I'd have 15 TD's on returns alone.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2009, 03:39 PM   #36
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
Your stats are projected at over 200 plays and 40 punts. Even if I cranked up the sliders all the way, If USC punted to me 24 times, I'd have 15 TD's on returns alone.
That's why I use the 'dive' house rule, it's a must if you're going to play NCAA '08. It is a game killer if you don't. But like you mentioned above, I've settled on '08 because the AI offense is very, very good.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 01-08-2009, 03:50 PM   #37
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by superjames1992
I played 2005 the most, but 2005 and 2006 both had horrible cases of dropped passes. I was naive back then to football gaming, so it didn't bother me as much, but it makes them unplayable now.
The dropped passes in '06 were exclusive to the XBox version. The PS2 version didn't have the same problem. I remember those arguments now.
Old 01-08-2009, 03:53 PM   #38
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
That's why I use the 'dive' house rule, it's a must if you're going to play NCAA '08. It is a game killer if you don't. But like you mentioned above, I've settled on '08 because the AI offense is very, very good.
The game was literally 3 things from pefection:
1. The pursuit angles
2. Should have never left the button system for kicking Fg's-they are too automatic.
3. The Facemask was never called even though you'd see the animationm.

If they would have fixed those, I probably wouldn't own a 360 today. But feeling guilty every time you broke a big play ruined the game.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:36 PM   #39
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

I agree, the momentum meter really isn't that bad once you know how to handle it. That used to be a major beef I had but since I've started playing this again I can't say that it bothers me one bit.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 01-08-2009, 04:46 PM   #40
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
40 punts is assuming there are as many punts in the 2nd half as there are in the first. If USC is playing from behind, they will likely go for it on 4th down more and punt less. But anything's possible. When I play 15:00 quarters, I usually average a little below 100 plays a team. But, this is because I use the sidelines a lot. I like using the sidelines. It is a great way to avoid injury and extend the game at the same time.

Before 40 second play clocks and running clocks, getting between 70-90 plays a game for a team was not out of the realm of possibility, especially pass happy teams that use the sidelines.

I think you guys would be very interested to see how this game turned out. Despite the halftime margin, this game could get very interesting in a hurry.

30:00 in this game is a long time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »