Home

3 things that will make you NOT buy this game next year?

This is a discussion on 3 things that will make you NOT buy this game next year? within the EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2009, 10:38 AM   #25
Rookie

prd689's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: 3 things that will make you NOT buy this game next year?

I will not buy the game if these 3 things are not corrected.

1. Recruiting glitch in online dynasty. I play with non BCS teams because its fun to build power houses, its hard to do when you cant convince anyone to stay in the offseason (even though you do)

2. What happened to the defensive line in this game? Bring the swing move back pleaseeeee pass rushes are terrible unless you have a 89 speed defensive end....

3. The magnetic running back... When I run the ball up the middle, my line will make a gapping hole in the defensive line... then my RB burst through it only to latch onto the closest defender next to him.. Like they just pop out of no where or my RB just wants to be freinds.. I dunno...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2009, 01:05 PM   #26
Pro

esayem's Arena

OVR: 3

1-All Stadiums (allow neutral sites too)
2-FCS schools
3-Create-a-team

They need to include some better dynasty options like real coaches who can change jobs. Also make polls realistic. North Texas is not a powerhouse, nor will any Sun Belt team be.

EA is on my sh!tlist right now. I didn't buy March Madness or Madden. I bought NCAA football used. Im sick of these recycled games. There really needs to be some competition.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:07 PM   #27
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by esayem
1-All Stadiums (allow neutral sites too)
2-FCS schools
3-Create-a-team

They need to include some better dynasty options like real coaches who can change jobs. Also make polls realistic. North Texas is not a powerhouse, nor will any Sun Belt team be.

EA is on my sh!tlist right now. I didn't buy March Madness or Madden. I bought NCAA football used. Im sick of these recycled games. There really needs to be some competition.
Coaching should have been in this game a long time ago. If done right, players wouldn't have to impose their own recruitment handicaps to make the game challenging. You have a good coach who leaves with his pipeline and suddenly top prospects are no longer interested in your program.

As far as FCS schools, EA didn't even get all of them in the old gen version. A nice compromise would be a CAS system so elaborate that FCS teams could be realistically created.

http://www.adidas.com/campaigns/adid...t/football.asp
http://www.niketeam.com/v2/new/build...amid/index.asp

These are some of the sites schools are using to design their uniforms so why not use these sites as the foundation for the CAS system.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:38 PM   #28
Rookie

wow well lets see soem things i would like to see is more uniforms, endzone art, all american player of the year, the defense def needs to get better...and is it just me or does home filed advantage suck....its suppose to be home field advantage for a reason. and supposedly 70 overall people would play like 70 and 80 like 80 and 90 like 90.....so can someone explain a 70 ovr tearin up a 90 lol its just not right def need to be alot of fixing.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:53 PM   #29
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler
As far as FCS schools, EA didn't even get all of them in the old gen version. A nice compromise would be a CAS system so elaborate that FCS teams could be realistically created.
I'd personally be irate if EA decided to waste their dev cycles on FCS teams instead of fixing the other 5,000 major issues with this game.

Just answer this: Given the same exact gameplay with some bugs fixed and FCS teams, would you really be happy with NCAA 2010?
Old 01-06-2009, 03:27 PM   #30
Rookie

prolly not lol but give em somethin thrown someone in there lol another thing i would like to see some people may not care about is better create a player customization and plaeyrs with long har should have the long hair and players with tats have tats i mean it wouldnt be that hard to do and maybe name the coaches i mean i know askin to name the players is to much but cmon with all the time they spend on it im sure they could do that.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:12 PM   #31
MVP

prowler's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by youALREADYknow
I'd personally be irate if EA decided to waste their dev cycles on FCS teams instead of fixing the other 5,000 major issues with this game.

Just answer this: Given the same exact gameplay with some bugs fixed and FCS teams, would you really be happy with NCAA 2010?

Here's the thing, EA is going to spend dev time on something other than the major issues and everyone knows it. If that weren't the case there wouldn't be so many complaints about gameplay year after year and we'd all be asking for improvements in other areas.

Knowing that, I'd be happier with a game that included features I want (CAS in particular) and average gameplay; similar to how online dynasty remains popular despite all the workarounds needed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2009, 04:18 PM   #32
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

I personally think CAS is a far greater addition to the game than FCS. CAS is an entire mode within itself. FCS simply adds more teams to a game that already has 120+ including the fake FCS teams.

Whether or not we actually get the gameplay changes that we need is irrelevant to us asking for them. Eventually our voices will be heard on this just like some of the Madden fanbase are getting their voices heard about what they want out of the game.

When you just think of all of the stadiums and uniforms that are already incorrect in the game, I don't see how people think adding a slew of new FCS teams is going to be a "simple" task. I'm sure OMT can give some kind of estimate of the time behind such a task.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football »